Chapter 1

Little Star

 

~*~*~*~

It’s a cold rainy day on the third week of January. The sky is covered with dark heavy clouds, which is quite unusual compare to the previous days. Junmyeon stares out the window and watches as raindrops falls onto his apartment’s balcony. The monotonous sound of rain falling fills the room and it reminds him of what today is. He had always hated this kind of weather and the fact that it’s raining today doesn’t make it any better. To Junmyeon, rain is the most depressing thing in the world until he met  someone who loves the rain as much as he hates it. Though he’s starting to think that it really is the worst thing on earth again.

~

The first time they meet is in Kris’ cafe. At first he’s the guy Kyungsoo often sees in the cafe.  Always sitting in the corner by the window overlooking the view outside. His brows furrows as he reads a book, lips curling into a smile occasionally. A caramel frappuccino with lots of whip cream sits on the table in front of him.

 Kyungsoo really didn’t mean to stare. Maybe it was due to his doe-like eyes but he often finds himself staring at the young man before him. Chanyeol once caught him with his eyes fixed on the guy and he swears that was the most embarassing moment of his life.

“Who are you looking at?” Chanyeol asks, turning his head to look behind him.

“N-no one,” Kyungsoo stutters as he tries to convince Chanyeol. 

“Do you really think I’m that stupid?”

Baekhyun overhears the conversation as he passes by to clean a table and answers, “Yes, Chanyeol,” earning a smack to the back of his head. Just like that their previous conversation was dropped while the two bickers who’s more stupid than who, and Kyungsoo breathes thankfully and goes back to staring at the young guy unaware that the latter has caught on.

“You know it’s really rude to stare,” Junmyeon says jokingly as he passes by him flashing Kyungsoo his angelic smile.

~

Junmyeon sets his wet black umbrella, the one Kyungsoo always reminds him to take whenever the weather man announces that it is going to rain later on during the day, behind the door next to the trash can. He walks over to Kyungsoo’s bed and sits on the white stool that became his best friend over the last month or so. A smile forms as he watches him sleep peacefully for a while before falling asleep with his hands holding Kyungsoo’s right hand. After an hour, Junmyeon wakes up and just when he’s about to leave, he felt his boyfriend’s grip tightens. He tells him that he’s going to be back right away as he sets out to the doctor’s office.

Walking slowly in the hospital’s hallway, thoughts started entering his mind. He dreads talking to the doctor because it’s always a good or a bad news, the latrer is usally the case. Stopping in front of the office, he takes a deep breath and carefully opens the door.

“He has about a year left,” the doctor tells him after he’s settled in. Though he knew exactly what the doctor meant, Junmyeon did not dare to believe it. 

“Do you mean he’s getting out of the hospital after a year?” he asks trying to sound somewhat happy, though he knew the answer to his own question.

“Yes, and no, what I mean is that he’ll be gone after a year, as in dead,” the doctor says a little too harsh. The young man fell completely silent as tears began to form in his eyes. He tries to talk but no words could come out. After a minute or so, he rushes out of the room and the hospital and ran as far as he could until his legs could not move forward any longer. He continues to cry on the sidewalk as rain pours down heavily on him.

~*~*~*~

wuut o_o I didn't know it would be this short. I'm such a noob. I'll try to update with longer chapters later on I guess.