Another Birthday

Rooftop Couple

 

The next morning, another day for school. You checked yourself at the mirror and smiled to yourself. After it, you walked toward the door and opened the door.

You startled as you saw a pair of sneakers that are not familiar to you. You looked up and chuckled to see L.Joe posed like a superman.

L.Joe smiled and put his hands into his pockets, “How? Do I look handsome today?” Chuckling, you locked the door of your house and turned to him again, “How did you find my present?” You asked.

L.Joe put his arm around your shoulder, “Silly, Of course I would immediately find your gift if you put it under my bed.” Both of you walked downstairs, “I’m sorry if my gift isn’t too good.” You whispered.

“What are you talking about? YOU are the bestest gift I ever have.” L.Joe said with a smile on his face. You looked up at him and he kissed you softly. *My baby girl.*

You chuckled and both of you heading to the school.

When you are on your way, you spotted Jonghwan walking alone. You brightened and released yourself of L.Joe and ran toward Jonghwan.

L.Joe smiled, he didn’t mind or jealous anymore because you are his girlfriend now. Shaking his head, he approached you.

“Jonghwan!” You called. Jonghwan stopped and spun around, “Happy birthday to you!” You shouted.

Jonghwan softened and smiled, “Haneul… Thanks.”

“Happy birthday, dude.” L.Joe suddenly said as he came to you and Jonghwan. Jonghwan looked up with a smile, “Happy birthday too, Lee Byunghun.”

You smiled to see both of them, *Two important guys in my life… One is my boyfriend and one is my bestfriend, have the same birthday. Funny,* You chuckled and searched something in your bag, “Jonghwan, this is for you.”

Jonghwan narrowed his eyes and softened, “Haneul, you don’t have to.” He said but took your gift of your hand. He opened it and you sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck, “I know it’s not much, but I remember once that you wanted that book.”

“Too bad I already have this book.” Jonghwan blinked. Your eyes widened in surprise, “RE-REALLY?!”

Jonghwan laughed, “Just kidding.” You sighed in relief and eyed him, “Jonghwan…”

L.Joe softened to see your reaction. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders, “Come on, We’ll be late.”

“Wow, since when you’re afraid to be late?” Jonghwan asked. L.Joe turned to him and smirked, “Since I was dating her.” He said and dragged you. You turned to Jonghwan and waved your hand over to him.

“Yah, Wait!” Jonghwan shouted and ran after both of you.

Arriving at your class, laughing, the three of you entered the classroom.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, L.JOE AND JONGHWAN!”

PLOP!

The three of you startled and looked up. L.Joe and Jonghwan looked at each other and laughed.

“We saw you from above. Yah… We can’t believe this.” Woojin shook his head while Ryuwon and Sera chuckled. “Yeah, Can’t believe this!” Miho added in disbelief.

You smiled and looked up, meeting eyes with Noeul. She startled and turned away, Your face fell and sighed.

“Thanks everyone.” L.Joe said and patted Woojin’s shoulder, “We should have a party for you, right guys?!” Woojin shouted.

“YEAH!” They cheered.

Jonghwan chuckled, “No need guys, seriously.” “Too late, I’ve booked a karaoke place for our class.” Changbum said as he wrapped his arm around Jonghwan’s shoulder.

“Really?” L.Joe smirked. Changbum shot him a look, “I’m serious!”

“Who’s paying?” L.Joe suddenly asked. Changbum grinned, “Both of you.”

L.Joe rolled his eyes but secretly smile, he knew it. Jonghwan chuckled, “Okay fine… After school.”

“YESSS!” They cheered again, even Teen Top. L.Joe shook his head and chuckled. He looked up to see your reaction. But to his surprise, you were gloomy and unhappy. He patted your shoulder and you looked up, “Are you okay?” He asked.

You didn’t answer but looked at Noeul. He followed your eyes and softened, “Solve your problem.” He softly said and went to his seat.

You sighed and approached Noeul, “Yah, Han Noeul!”

Noeul still looked out of the window with her chin rested on her palm. You put your bag on the table and sat down on your chair. “Noeul-ah… Forgive me, okay? Please?”

Noeul slowly turned to you and blinked at you. You sighed, “Noeul-ah, I plead guilty. I should have tell you but instead, I hid this from you. I’m sorry… I’m so sorry.”

“You know… I can’t be angry with you.” Noeul said with a smile. You smiled widely and threw your arms around her, “Noeul!”

Noeul hugged you back and softened, “But don’t hide anything from me again.” She shot you a look as she pulled back. You beamed and saluted, “Yes, ma’am!” Both of you giggled.

L.Joe softened to see you as he smiled. “Yah, Are you listening to me or not?!” Chunji shouted. “I am,”

 

------

 

After school, Jonghwan kept his promise and treated your classmates, including you and Teen Top.

After they finished releasing their stress at a Karaoke Place, You, Teen Top, 100% and Noeul walked together to go home.

“Aaaah!” Hyukjin shouted as he stretched out his arms up, “Tomorrow will be the start of hell, I haven’t studied at all.” He mumbled, complaining about exams.

“You will never studied,” Sanghun mocked. You and Noeul giggled. “Poor you olders,” Ricky added as Changjo nodded in agreement. As juniors, they don’t worry about exams.

“I have to go home now.” Rockhyun said as you guys stopped walking, “I lied to my mother that I studied at Jonghwan’s house. See you tomorrow!” He said and ran away with Chanyong. “Bye!” Chanyong waved.

“I can’t imagine if his mother found out that he was lying.” Changbum shook his head. Jonghwan smiled and looked at you, “Didn’t you work now?” You blinked and then nodded, “Yeah, I almost forgot.”

“I’ll walk you there.” L.Joe said and you smiled at him. You turned to Teen Top, “You guys have to study for tomorrow, I trust you Bang Minsoo.” You stated to CAP. CAP rolled his eyes, “Why me?”

“What about us noona?” Ricky put his chin on your shoulder, “Do we have to go home?” “Of course, you do! Go to home now!” You eyed Ricky and Changjo.

Niel laughed, “Do you know something? You sound like their mother.” “Maybe our mother.” Chunji added.

You couldn’t help but smile and shook your head, “See you tomorrow, Thanks for today Jonghwan.” Jonghwan nodded. He and his friends also Noeul splited up with Teen Top. “Bye, Haneul!” Noeul waved at you and you waved back.

“Now it’s just the two of us.” L.Joe suddenly said as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. You looked up and then wrapped your arm around his waist, “Thanks for walking me to the café.”

L.Joe sighed, “Why are you always be formal, Haneul? Remember, I’m your boyfriend.” You giggled and covered your mouth with your palm, “Sorry, Just happens.”

L.Joe smiled and looked up to sky then turned to you, “What will you do after graduating from high school?” You paused and a smile on your face faded. You knew one thing that after graduating from high school, You will no longer at rooftop home with him and maybe, will leave him.

You sighed and faced him with a tiny smile, “Of course I’m going to go to college. How about you?” “As long as I am with you, I would go to college, too.” He replied with a big smile.

You paused again and bit your lips. Then you forced to laugh, “What if we are not together anymore?” He turned to you in puzzlement. You cleared your throat, “Just asking.”

“I would be devastated without you.” He replied, and both of you were silent for a few moments. “Maybe.” Shrugging and slipped his hands into his pockets, he walked away.

You dropped your eyes to the ground and paused. You remembered Chunji’s words, when he told you that you have to tell L.Joe about your real life. You clenched your fist when you’re thinking about it. What if he hates you? What if he doesn’t want to be with you anymore? After you told him about your lies?

“Haneul?” You snapped out of your gaze when you heard L.Joe’s voice. You looked up and saw L.Joe walking towards you. He studied your face and met eyes with you, “What’s wrong?”

Your eyes are red, like you want to cry. You feel very guity but can’t seem to say it all to him. “Don’t….” You whispered, “Don’t be a different person when you’re not with me anymore, be yourself.” You looked up to him.

“Therefore, don’t leave me.” He gently smiled and hugged you as he rubbed your back. You didn’t hug him back and closed your eyes, hoping that you can always be together with him. *I also want to, but I can not.*

 

----------

 

After walking you to the Miracle café, L.Joe back to the house and walked upstairs. He paused for a moment as he remembered your strange attitude.

But he smiled and thought that you’re scared if it all happened.

Smiling, he opened the door of the rooftop and stopped when he saw a strange guy.

He was looking to the evening sky. When he realized there was someone watching him, he turned around and met eyes with L.Joe.

“Who are you?” L.Joe asked.

Doojoon smiled and approached him. He took out his hand and looked at L.Joe, “My name is Yoon Doojoon.” L.Joe stared at his hand and looked back at him. He didn’t know why but he was like had seen his face.

Doojoon smirked when he knew that L.Joe didn’t want to shake his hand. He lowered his hand and slipped his hands into his pockets, “So, Are you Lee Byunghun?” He asked.

L.Joe suspiciously stared at him, “Do I know you?” Doojoon laughed, “You’ve known me a few moments ago.” “I just know your name.” L.Joe replied.

“Cold guy, I like it.” Doojoon nodded. He walked around L.Joe and looked at him from up to down. L.Joe stared at him, doesn’t like the way he looking at him. “Why does Haneul like you?” As he mentioned your name, L.Joe perked up. “You know Haneul?”

Doojoon stopped and stared at L.Joe again, “Of course.” L.Joe raised an eyebrow, “I am, her fiancé.”

L.Joe’s eyes widened in shock. He was shocked and stared at Doojoon again, “Bull. Haneul is my girlfriend. I know all about her! She doesn’t has any family and—“ He stopped when he finally remembered that he had seen you talked with this Doojoon guy when you were still dating Jonghwan.

Doojoon couldn’t hid his happiness. He walked to the bench and sat there, “Are you sure you know all about her? No, You don’t know anything as I really knew her. We’ve been together longer that you.”

“What the hell do you want?!” L.Joe snarled. “What don’t i know about her?!”

Doojoon stood up, “Well, Why don’t you just ask her?” He walked to the door and stopped, “Your world and her world are really different. Maybe you should leave her.”

“What?” L.Joe whispered in disbelief tone. Doojoon smirked in mocking tone, “I think one of your friends know about this. Ah, What’s his name? Chunje, Chunji—Yes, That’s his name. Why don’t you ask him?” With that, Doojoon left.

L.Joe frowned. He doesn’t understand and why would Chunji know about Haneul? Why he knew and why he didn’t?

L.Joe took out his cell phone and quickly called Chunji, “Yah, Where are you now?”

 


 

Thanks to you who are willing to drop a comment here! You know? The comments that can make an author happy! Thank you! ^^