Expected

The Stages Of Affection

It should have been expected.

When they first met him, the maknae of Super Junior, the DBSK members found him rather unique. Kyuhyun simply had such an air of innocence around him, some sort of pure essence they couldn't ever touch. He was almost like a young child, an untainted being who was new to the world around. Thus. they always took the utmost care of him. For he, the maknae of Super Junior, was also considered one of their maknaes along with Changmin. Kyuhyun who always had that gentle smile on his face, even when times were rough. He would smile for others no matter how much he was actually hurting. Innocent and mature, not to mention completely selfless. And of course, completely independent and strong. Kyuhyun was a person with a good heart, someone that the DBSK members and Super Junior members considered family. It was questionable whether such a person could have possibly existed. But there he was, right in front of them. It was proof that angels were real.

The DBSK members did tell him that it was alright every once and a while, that Kyuhyun could tell them how he felt and cry from time to time. After all, everybody had a time where they would just turn into a complete and utter mess. Everyone knew how it felt. But the Super Junior maknae simply insisted he was fine, that he had no tears to cry. And they didn't realise that it was such a lie until they found him with sorrowful tears streaming down his face. But of course, Kyuhyun wiped them away again, saying that it was simply nothing. All of them worried about it, from time to time they wondered if the Super Junior members knew about this.

"I'm worried about Kyuhyun."

"Why?"

"Because he cries in secret."

"...You musn't interfere with it. This is how Kyuhyun deals with his problems. We've tried, but he won't change."

"Then shouldn't you-"

"Don't worry."


At first, when the other Super Junior members would respond to them in such a way, they were rather disturbed by it. After all, everybody needed someone to be there for them. The DBSK members found it unusual that they, the Super Junior members, would just leave Kyuhyun. To be honest, the DBSK members had rather aggressive thoughts towards the Super Junior members. But those thoughts disappeared the moment they saw Kyuhyun crying in Changmin's arms. Their maknae was comforting the other, the slightly older one with his head pressed against the other's chest. And for the first time, they saw a look in Changmin's eyes which they hadn't seen before. To be honest, it was almost foreign. The other DBSK members weren't familiar with Such a caring and adoring expression, one filled with such love.

Then, the DBSK members heard footsteps behind them. They weren't footsteps of people who didn't want their presence to be noticed. They were footsteps of people who were calm, they wanted their presence to be noticed.

"... We told you not to worry about Kyuhyun."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, it was nothing but a smile.

At the beginning, it was pretty much nothing. When their maknae walked pass the Super Junior maknae, it was unnoticeable. Well, unnoticeable to everybody but the two 88 liners. As if it were invisible to everyone else. But then again, maybe it was just that everybody wasn't looking closely enough. After all, the DBSK members really didn't really suspect anything. They didn't expect any other occurrances. But then again, there was always that famous saying, expect the unexpected.

"Kyuhyun-shii."

"Ah, Changmin-shii, hello. How are you?"

"Good, how are you?"

"Good."


It was just a small conversation was passed between Kyuhyun and Changmin. Just a couple words before they would go and walk opposite directions. It didn't seem like anything more than that. Just a friendly little chat exchanged between two friends, nothing more... right? The DBSK members, nor the Super Junior members, had a reason to be suspicious at this point. After all, the way they spoke to each other was rather normal, just some kind of ordinary talk between two people.

But of course, they should have noticed, it should have been completely obvious to them. After all, Changmin never smiled in such a gentle and loving smile at somebody. And Kyuhyun never smiled with such a wanting and caring smile at somebody. They should have seen it, but they didn't. As the maknaes' hyungs, they should have been able to notice it. But they didn't. When the maknaes spoke, they looked directly into each other's eyes. Not wanting to pull their gazes away, they would stare at each other. And every occassion or so, one of the two maknaes would bite or their lips. As if there was some sort of temptation between them. Not to mention to atmosphere changing from time to time.

It should have been expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, it was nothing but a hug.

After a couple weeks, the way the two greeted each other changed. But still, the DBSK members and the Super Junior members didn't seem to notice anything. As soon as the maknaes were in each other's sight, they would give each other a hug. A tight and strong hug. When they first saw Kyuhyun and Changmin hug each other, they did find it a little odd. But then again, skinship was rather normal in Korea. Thus, they didn't find anything wrong with it or even suspect anything.

"Kyuhyun-ah."

"Changminnie. How's life?"

"Annoying as ever. How's your life so far?"

"Boring."

"You're doing nothing but playing Starcraft, right?"

"...No, no, no, no!"

"Liar."


This time, when the two maknaes spoke, it was some sort of playful teasing. The type of talk meant for bestfriends. Maybe the others, the Super Junior and DBSK members should have noticed by now, but no. Still, just like before, they didn't think much of the way the maknaes treated each other. Well, only a couple of them actually caught onto it. Heechul could see it from a mile away, after all, he did have a thing for detecting love. Kibum knew it. After all, being Changmin's friend for such a long time, he could basically spot all the differences in the way they greeted each other. Ryeowook and Sungmin, two of the many people who took great care of Kyuhyun, could see the way they acted. And of course, Henry noticed. That was only five people though. The rest of them went on, unaware of any unusual behaviours which were pretty much obvious to others.

It was meant to be known, it was supposed to be obvious. Changmin never treated anyone in such a manner, and neither did Kyuhyun. Of course, they both had people who they were close to, but there were specific things that the maknaes would do to only each other. It was a playful smile and a tight hug. One filled with such affection, such love. Their hugs were so loving, so tight. And when they let go of each other, the reluctant look in their eyes would remain, shading away everything else but it. Such want, such attachment.

It should have been expected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After, it was nothing but a touch.

Then, about 2 months later, the way they greeted each other changed once again. And just like before, not many of the Super Junior and DBSK members had caught onto the little attraction the maknaes had for each other. When Kyuhyun and Changmin saw each other, they walked up to the other and hugged, just like before. But this time, it was slightly changed. When the maknaes let go of each other, they didn't let go of each other's hands. Every time, after letting go, they would touch each other. Just small touches, but something that would cause hearts to beat.

"Kyuhyunnie."

"Changmin-ah, I missed you."

"I missed you too, you didn't reply to my text message."

"That's because you broke my phone."

"How?"

"Your texts were too stupid for the phone to compute."

"Yah!"


This is pretty much the point they all noticed it, all of them, but only slightly. They saw that the skinship levels of the two maknaes increased. As if they would touch each other at every opportunity. For example, Changmin would ruffle Kyuhyun's hair, pat him on the back, flick him on the forehead, and every occasion or so, caress his cheek. Kyuhyun would hold onto Changmin's arm, touch his hand, playfully hit him, and every occasion so, gently touch his neck. But at this point, some of the hyungs couldn't see it. Jaejoong, Yoochun and Yunho caught onto it, but not Junsu. They decided to let Junsu figure it out himself for once. Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, Siwon, Shindong and Zhoumi noticed.

Changmin was known for not liking to touch males. But for Kyuhyun, that rule just didn't seem to apply. In fact, he liked to share some body contact with the Super Junior maknae. The DBSK maknae had a small obsession with touching Kyuhyun. But it was alright, the slightly older maknae didn't mind. After all, he had his fair share of love when it came to touching the other.

It should have been expected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But of course, it turned to everything and a kiss.

They should have noticed, but they didn't. After all, those looks that Kyuhyun and Changmin gave each other, the light touches, the gentle words... it should have become obvious at that point. But they didn't know. They didn't find out. Well, not until they found the two in a lip-lock. Sometimes unexpected things just happen, just like when they walked in on Kyuhyun and Changmin making out in the park.  They remembered it clearly, maybe even a little too clearly. The Super Junior and DBSK had expected to find Changmin in the park drinking alcohol. But no. Instead, they found the Super Junior maknae Kyuhyun, sitting on Changmin's lap and arms wrapped around his neck. Changmin in an intense liplock, arms around Kyuhyun's waist. They stared for a second in silence, completely and utterly shocked. At first, most of them thought that it was just the influence of alcohol. But as they looked around, there was none in sight. At that point the oblivious ones figured they were just hooking up with each other. But of course, reality proved them wrong. The maknaes' kiss quickly panted as they stared into each other's eyes. Instead of that slightly ashamed and hesitant look, they had loving and confident expressions.

"...I love you." Kyuhyun whispered.

"How many times have you told me this?" Changmin asked rhetorically.

"Many."  Kyuhyun replied.

"Then why do you keep telling me?" Changmin questioned.

"In case you ever forget." Kyuhyun smiled slightly, as he looked into the other's eyes.

"Don't worry babe, there's no way I'd forget that. I love you." Changmin muttered happily.

"Hm, I know." Kyuhyun responded.


They stared. The ones who knew simply stared with smirks, smiles, or indifferent expressions... The ones who didn't know on the other hand were basically sent to the moon.

It should have been expected.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did it turn out alright...? How was the story?~ ^^