Phone Call

So What? I Think He's Real.

Kevin called for his sister, Ailee. She had been freaking out all day about seeing one of her high school best friends, and Chansung was excited to see her as well. Kevin had no idea who this person was. Apparently she and Ailee were very, very close, but Kevin had never met her. The one thing he knew was that she was from ia, and while part of him hoped that she was somehow related to his new friend Eli, even though he knew that was near impossible. Too many people in that state for it to even be a remote possibility. Hell, Kevin didn't even know what this girl looked like. Of course, he still wanted it to happen. He rolled over to check the clock, and it was seven thirty in the morning. Kevin looked at his conversation with Eli, and they had talked about everything from favorite bands to favorite food and videogames. Eli had even called Kevin attractive once. Kevin looked back at that part of the conversation.

Kevin: So. If you were change anything about yourself, what would it be?

Ellison: I would want to look more like you.

Kevin: W...What?...

Ellison: Face it, Kev, you're really attractive, haha. Any girl would want to date you.

Kevin: Thanks >_< I think you are, too...

Kevin sighed. He hoped he hadn't come off to weird-sounding, He just thought it'd be nice to compliment him back. He wasn't even lying either, Kevin did think that Eli was pretty attractive.

He tried not to dwell on it too much, though. Kevin just closed his computer, knowing that Eli probably didn't want to talk to him anymore, and stood up to get  something to drink. Changsun came in the door just as Kevin sat down with his soda. "Hey, Kev." Kevin immediately looked up at Changsun's words. Changsun never called Kevin "Kev". Only Eli called him that. Kevin became somewhat defensive, which surprised Changsun.

"Oh, uh, sorry, Kev. Anything wrong?" Changsun asked, sitting at the table with Kevin. Kevin was obviously upset.

"Only Eli calls me that." Kevin said a bit too quickly. He immediately retracted his words. ", I'm sorry. I just...This whole thing with Eli..."

Changsun chuckled. "That's his name, uh? Eli?..." Changsun started to sing. "Kevin and Eli sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-"

" my !" Kevin finished. They were both laughing now. "Dude, I'm not gay." Kevin drank the last of his soda, feeling a bit more tense and uncomfortable. He waved goodbye to Changsun and fleed back into his room while Changsun reminded him that Ailee's friend was going to be here in twenty minutes. He quickly opened up his laptop again and responded back to his own message to Eli.

Kevin spoke the words he was writing, just to make sure they didn't sound too ridiculous. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. What are you up to?" He asked. Kevin pressed send. Almost right after, Eli responded. Kevin could feel his heart beating fast in relief.

"No no no. It's fine. I'm just at home, relaxing. Listening to music. And you, Kev?" Kevin sighed at his words and responded back right away.

In ia, Eli was sitting at his desk with his computer, somewhat confused. He had felt something, when Kevin called him attractive. Something weird. He didn't know what it was, probably just nerves of getting a new friend. Even though Eli was popular at his school and was adored by many, he was still unable to find someone he could really relate to and refer to as a close friend. Maybe, he thought, Kevin is my chance. Eli kept looking at his screen, reading over their conversation. Especially the part where Kevin called him attractive. Every time his eyes grazed those words, his heart lept out of his chest involuntarily. He wasn't too fond of the feeling, though it did give him excited nerves.

Amber walked by and walked into Eli's room without warning. He struggled to close the window, but instead made it bigger. Amber eyed the screen with a look of suspicion and then decided to let it go. "Anything for breakfast?"

"Where did Tiffany say she was going, again?" He asked immediately after, a thought forming in his head.

Amber tried to remember. "Somewhere in California. She didn't specify, though I think maybe I saw...hm..." Eli's eye started to twitch with anticipation. "Eh, I lied. I don't remember." He let out a sigh and then continued to message Kevin as Amber swaggered drowsily out of the room.

Ellison: So, do you have any siblings?

Kevin: Yeah, I have one sister, Ailee. But my best friend Chansung also lives with us. You?

Ellison: I have two sisters, Tiffany and Amber. Tiffany's actually leaving to visit a high school friend in California, maybe she'll run into you haha.

Kevin: ...Wait.

Ellison: What??

Kevin: My sister's high school friend is visiting us from ia.

Ellison: No way. This has to be some sort of strange coincidence.

Eli looked away from his computer screen, his heartbeat increasing by the second. If their sisters met, who says they wouldn't meet also?

In California, Kevin was also anticipating his sister's friend. He ran to her room, ready to ask what her friends' name was, but she was already gone. There was a note sitting on her bedside table, saying that she had gone out to the airport to get her and would be back within the hour. Kevin grabbed his computer and typed as quickly as he possibly could.

Kevin: Could you give me a picture of her???

Eli: ...Okay that's a little odd.

Kevin: Well, what if she walks in my door? I need to know it's her!!

Eli: Calm down, calm down. All you have to do is ask her what her name is and ask if she has a brother named Ellison. There can't be that many ian girls named Tiffany who have brothers named Ellison, right?

Kevin: I guess... Oh I am just so excited okay what if she's really your sister

Eli: I wouldn't get your hopes up. She might not be.

Kevin's heartbeat was increasing, though his hopes were decreasing. He knew that he couldn't get too excited for someone. What if she never comes? What if Eli is really a 50 year old man who is posing as the most attractive Korean-American male he's ever seen? Kevin looked at the keyboard and typed in a message, reviewed it, and sent it.

Kevin: Can I ask you for something?

Eli: Do you want another picture of me to prove I'm real?

Kevin: ...Yeah.

Eli: I was about to ask you for the same thing. Also, I would send you a picture of my sister but I don't have any haha.

Kevin: That's fine. Here you go, ignore my stupid expression. My friend and I were taking selcas at school.

BDeCis-CEAAYRQg.jpg

Eli looked at Kevin's picture, his palms getting sweaty. Why was this boy making him feel so weird? He looked through his photos until he found some from a photoshoot he had taken earlier that year. Eli had not yet told Kevin he was an actor and a model, it just hadn't yet come up in the conversation.

Eli: It's not stupid, it's cute. You must get allllllll the action with girls in Cali.

elikim_kyong_jaefrom_u_kiss-200901101429

Kevin: O u O that picture is so professional!!

Eli: Yeah, well......... I do a bit of modeling. And acting.

Kevin: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??!

Eli: Yeah. Heh.

Kevin was about to respond further, but he heard his door opening. He immediately jumped out of bed, ran over to Chansung's room, and hid under his covers. "What the hell are you doing?" Chansung asked, getting up from his desk. "Are you worried about meeting her? You know she's probably got a boyfriend, right?"

Kevin peered out of the covers in disbelief. "No, no, no. It's just...it's hard to explain." Chansung chuckled.

"Is my little KevKev having problems making internet friends?" He asked with a smirk, throwing the covers off of Kevin and pushing him out into the hall. He put his massive hand on Kevin's shoulder. "Calm down."

Kevin looked ahead of him, seeing both Ailee and a girl with long red hair that he certainly did not recognize. He thought for a second about Eli, then pushed the thought out of his mind. "So this is the place I've managed to snag, and this is my idiot brother, Kevin, looking like a fool as usual." Kevin's heart started to beat even faster than it was before, he was on the verge of palpitations. 'Tiff' smiled, and in that moment, Kevin could swear he could see Eli's eyes instead of hers. Ailee started to move farther into the house, but Kevin stopped her.

"Hi, I'm Kevin. Do you have a brother?" He said immediately, holding out his hand to her. She shook it with a confused expression on her face, not quite sure what to say. Ailee responded instead.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. How are they?" Ailee asked her. Kevin's heart dropped to the ground, he assumed that 'they' meant that she had multiple brothers. "Ah, I'm blanking on their names."

"You practically grew up with them!" Tiff said, shaking her head. "Amber and Eli."

Holy .

Kevin opened his mouth, but closed it as soon as he saw Chansung walking in from his room; he had obviously been listening in from the looks of it. He spoke in as much English as he could muster, as it wasn't his first language. "Uhm...Kevin is friend of Eli!" He said. Tiffany looked confused again.

"Sorry, he's from Korea. He doesn't speak English that well." Kevin explained. Tiffany quickly turned to Chansung and asked what he was talking about in rapid Korean, and he responded back warmly, filling in Tiffany on the whole story. Kevin forgot that Eli's family was all Korean and that they probably spoke Korean as well as his own family did.

"This is ridiculous. I have to call Eli. Have you spoken to him in real life yet?" She asked Kevin, who just shook his head no in return. Tiffany got out her cell phone and dialed a number, putting the phone up to her ear.

In ia, Eli waited patiently for Kevin to respond. He was worried that maybe Kevin didn't approve of what he was doing, for some reason. There was then a knock at the door, and he walked out of his room and opened it. There stood his friend Seungyeon, holding a box of chocolate and showing a huge smile. "I thought I'd surprise you!" She said in Korean. Eli welcomed her in and they sat down. Suddenly, he felt a buzz in his pocket. Eli grabbed his phone and looked at the caller ID, seeing that it was Tiffany. He picked it up.

"Hey, Tiff."

"Hi, Eli." A low male voice responded back. Eli's heart froze in place, his expression unbelieveable. Seungyeon prodded him, asking what was wrong, but Eli just shushed her. "Uh, I didn't get to tell you I think that you being a model is super cool."

"...Kevin?" He asked, his heart picking up a beat again.

"Speaking."

"Oh my God oh my God oh my God," Eli could hear crackling laughter on the other end, and became aware that the phone was on speaker, and Tiffany was probably there as well. "Shut up, Tiffany!" He heard her laugh again.

"Are you doing anything super important at the moment?" Kevin asked with noticeable worry in his voice. Eli looked over to Seungyeon and sighed.

Eli spoke. "I'm actually with my...Uh, I'm with Seungyeon," Eli spoke a rapid word of Korean to Seungyeon and apologized. He turned his attention back to Kevin. "I can definitely talk later, though. Maybe in an hour or so, get Tiffany to call me again." He then said goodbye and hung up.

"Who was that?" Seungyeon asked, already starting to break in to the chocoloate. Eli grabbed one and told her the whole story. "Oh, that's so cool! I want to make an Internet friend, too."

"Friend." Eli said, showing apparent disgust in the word. He didn't like using it in this situation.

"Well, you'll talk to him later. We can talk now~" She spoke, prodding his arm again.

Right, Eli thought. I'll talk to him later.