Chapter 9

A Spartace couple fanfic

Ji Hyo felt shocked for a while, then mentally slapped herself.

Now you're just being stupid. Why would Jong Kook come into your room?

Ji Hyo decieded she should wake up already and she shuffled out of the room. She saw Jong Kook sitting on the sofa and walked over. 

"Hello oppa" Ji Hyo said, her words slightly slurred , as she was still not fully awake.

Ji Hyo thought she could see panic in Jong Kook's eyes. She shook it off, she was probabaly imaginging things.

"Hehe you know oppa, i even thought you came into my room just now" Ji Hyo said, not knowing anything.

Jong Kook felt himself getting redder. "Ah.. Ji...Ji Hyo why?" Jong Kook asked.

Ji Hyo thought something was wrong with Jong Kook. "Why are you suddenlt shrinking away from me?" She asked.

"Ah...Ji Hyo -ah...i DID go into your room just now..."

"You WHAT?" Ji Hyo said, slightly shocked by the fact Jong Kook would dare to go into her room when she was sleeping. 

"So oppa....uh....i actually dreamt i was being kissed, and it felt so real. Was it you?"

" ....neh. i accidentally tripped and uh...."

Ji Hyo was trying to stop herself from laughing at Jong Kook. He was getting so flustered and Ji Hyo found it amusing.  

"Yah Song Ji Hyo why are you laughing?"

"keke oppa you look so cute and funny when you are embarrassed" Ji Hyo said between giggles. Jong Kook couldn't help but laugh a little too. 

"But oppa did you really trip? You're not lying right?" Ji Hyo asked again.

" Of course! Why would i lie?"

"Because you are shy that you kissed me..." Ji Hyo said teasingly.

Jong Kook got even more embarrased , and tried to change the subject. "Uh, aren't you hungry? you slept for so long."

Ji Hyo realised her stomach was growling. She nodded.


Jong Kook knew Ji Hyo had to be healthy in order to stay strong with all the pressure. he got up and went to her kitchen, while Ji Hyo followed him. "Oppa are you going to cook?" Ji Hyo asked, slightly amazed. He nodded. He didn't to let Ji Hyo eat something unhealthy. 

Ji Hyo knew Jong Kook meant well, but healthy food was the last thing on her mind now. "Oppa let me cook instead"

"You can go and rest, don't worry, i can cook" 

"But oppa...i dont want to eat healthy food right now"

"But you have to keep your energy up, Ji Hyo-ah."

"But oppa" Ji Hyo whined and grabbed Jong Kook's arm. Ji Hyo was giving him the pitful look and even showing him some aeygo, which was rare.

DO....NOT....GIVE.....IN....  Jong Kook thought while he prepared the ingredients while trying not to get distracted by Ji Hyo.

"Ehh....oppa..." Ji Hyo said and traced Jong Kook's mucles , whining . Jong Kook felt himself melt a little and he sighed.

"Fine....but you must promise me you wi---"

"YEAH! " Ji Hyo said, cutting off what Jong Kook was about to say. Jong Kook  could do nothing and felt helpless as Ji Hyo simply took a pizza from the fridge, defrosted it, and threw it into the oven. "See oppa? So much easier" Ji Hyo sad, satisfied. Jong Kook could not help but smile and her satisfied look.

Soon, the pizza was done, and Ji Hyo took it out. 

"Oppa are you going to eat it?" Ji Hyo asked between bites.

"Mmm...i'll pass" Jong Kook said while thinking how unhealthy the pizza was. 

Soon, Ji Hyo was done with her pizza and cleaned up.  

Jong Kook decided it was getting late and decided to leave. "Ji Hyo, i'll leave now..." Jong Kook said and was getting up from the sofa.

"Neh oppa. be careful!" Ji Hyo said and opened the door for him. He hugged her and left.


Jong Kook sat in the car. He didn't know where to go. He didnt feel like going home. He sat in the car, thinking of where to go. Just then, his phone rang. He picked it up and realised it was Gary. He answered it.

"Hyung where are you?"

"Uh...." Jong Kook didn't know what to say. He couldnt say he was at Ji Hyo's house to the ex Monday BF right?

"Hyung?" 

"Oh err i am on my way home from...the...gym" Jong Kook mumbled.

"Can we meet up? i want to talk with you about something."

"Sure. where ?" 

"The bar near my house" Gary said. Jong Kook agreed and he set off.


"Hyung, you know the recent news about Ji Hyo right?" Gary suddenly asked after a few drinks.

"Mmm? Yeah" Jong Kook said , after he woke up. He was getting slightly sleepy. He felt really hot even though he could feel the cold air around him.

"Hyung are you listening?" Gary asked

"Yes, Hyung is here for you." Jong Kook replied. He started to feel dizzy.

"Hyung...i feel really heartbroken ...... i mean, how would you feel if your girlfriend dumped you for another guy all of a sudden, and you didnt know about it?"

Gary was about to turn to Jong Kook to say something, but he found Jong Kook's head lying on the table.

"Hyung are you okay?"

"...n...no..." came the weak reply from Jong Kook.

Gary touched Jong Kook's forehead. It was burning. Gary shot up and realised Jong Kook was feeling unwell. He lifted Jong Kook up and tried to bring him back to his car. People around him thought Jong Kook was drunk and gave them weird stares.

Gary let Jong Kook lie down at the back seat and rushed him to the nearest hospital.



[AT THE HOSPITAL]

Jong Kook woke up with a groan. 

"My dear son, you woke up already"  Jong Kook heard his mom's voice. 

He tried to sit up.

"Don't...lie down, rest" He heard his mom say and he saw his mom sitting beside him. Jong Kook wanted to ask a lot of questions but he felt himself getting heavier. He sank back into the bed and closed his eyes.


The second time he woke up, he felt a hand around his. It felt familiar, like he had held the hand so many times before. It was not his mom's , this hand was smoother and smaller. He opened his eyes a little.

"Oppa, are you okay?" A familiar voice asked. 

Ji Hyo

The name flashed through Jong Kook's brain. Then he heard another voice.

"Hyung you've woken up" . It was Gary.

Jong Kook eyes fluttered open and saw Ji Hyo staring over him, eyes full of worry, He struggled to sit up. Gary and Ji Hyo put pillows behind Jong Kook to support him.

"Where's my mom?" Jong Kook asked after looking around.

"We told her to go home first and take a rest. She had been here for 2 days already, to take care of you" Gary replied.

Jong Kook noticed Ji Hyo still hasn't let go of his hand. He glanced at Gary and noticed Gary staring at it. Jong Kook instictively tried to move out of her grasp. 

"Oppa, there is no use. He already knows" Ji Hyo replied and looked at Gary, who was sitting on a chair in a corner.

"...how...?" Jong Kook asked.

"When you were sick at the bar, i brought you to the hospital in my car. I could hear you mumbling something, but i didnt know what. So i listened carefully and i heard what you were repeating over and over again."

"What did i say?" Jong Kook asked, puzzled as he could not rememebr any of those happening.

"You were saying Ji Hyo's name over and over again" Gary said, and crossed his arms.

Jong Kook could see the pain and hurt in Gary's eyes when he said the story. He kept  quiet and the whole room was filled with awkward silence.

"I'll get the doctor and tell him you woke up" Ji Hyo suddenly piped up and went out of the room, leaving the two men alone.