Final

Candy Under The Mistletoe

''Why won't you kiss me, Jihyun?'', Yongguk whined to me while holding up a twig of mistletoe above our heads. To be honest, it wasn't even a decent place to kiss, anyway. We were in the empty hallway of our school and Yongguk held me up. Saying it was a big surprise, he took out a half-wilted twig of mistletoe from his pocket and puckered his lips right in front of me.

 

How the heck did he even find mistletoe anyway? Christmas is months away and it's only the beginning of autumn.

 

''Oppa, where did you find mistletoe?'', I said as I clutched my notebook to my chest. ''It doesn't matter where I got it. Just kiss me~'', he begged as he went down to one knee, still holding the twig.

 

''How am I supposed to kiss you if you're stooped down so low?'', I retorted. Scrambling upwards and finally lowering the mistletoe down, his muscled arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me toward his chest. 

 

His lips inched closer and closer and my heart started beating frantically. 

 

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER LE FREAKING PROMISE YOU MADE! D:

 

''Yongguk...I-I take it back...'', I whimpered as I shoved a bit at his chest. I heard him groan. ''Jihyun, it's been 4 months and we haven't kissed. Do you have any idea what this is doing to my image here?!'', he shook me vigorously. I looked up at him with a shocked expression on my face.

 

This was a side of him I have never seen before.

 

''So you care about your image more than me?'', I asked while looking at the ground, anger burning behind my tears. 

 

''A reputation is all a man has. Along with his lover.'', he said as he lifted my gaze from the ground. Before I could return a snarky comment, the nearby classroom door opened and Baekhyun's head poked out.

 

''Jihyun, aren't you- oh. Sorry. I-I'll go.'', he started retreating. ''Oh, no it's okay. We were breaking up anyway.'', I wrenched my arm away from Yongguk's grip.

 

''Jihyun... I-I didn't mean t-to...'', Yongguk shakily said. ''Save your breath, Yongguk.'', I retorted as I walked toward Baekhyun. ''Jihyun!'', Yongguk cried. 

 

''Are you sure it's okay to leave him like that?'', Baekhyun asked as he steered me toward my seat. ''I just don't want to talk about it, okay Baek?'', I said as I patted his cheek.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''It'S CHRISTMAS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!~'', D.O screamed at our home. ''YAH! KYUNGSOO-OPPA!'', I scolded as I flicked his forehead.

 

''Aish, Jihyun-ah~'', he whined as he rubbed the sore spot on his forehead. I stuck my tongue out and slumped onto the sofa while resting my head on Sehun's shoulder.

 

Like D.O had screamed, it was indeed Christmas Eve and every single one of Chanyeol's best friends were here. The entire house was absolute chaos and snacks were everywhere. Sehun was fast asleep and had informed us before-hand to wake him up when we opened the presents.

 

''Kai-Oppa~ mind watching over Sehun-Oppa?'', I said as Sehun's head plopped on top of mine. Kai immediately stood up and replaced my frail body with his strong one while I hid in my laughter.

 

''What's so funny, Jihyun-ah?'', he asked. ''Oh, it's nothing. Just that Sehun-Oppa drools when he sleeps.'', I pointed at the sticky globule on Kai's blue shirt.

 

''AH, HYUNG!'', he yelled as he pushed Sehun's head off his chest. Sehun immediately woke up. ''What?! WHAT?! HAVE THE PRESENTS ARRIVED?!'', he jumped. ''NO! YOU FREAKING DROOLED OVER MY SHIRT!'', Kai flicked Sehun's forehead.

 

''Is that my problem?'', Sehun said dreamily. ''And bring your shoulder over here. It's comfy.'', he continued as he yanked at Kai's shirt.

 

''I hate you, hyung'', Kai muttered as Sehun nestled comfortably into his shoulder. ''Shut up.'', Sehun shushed him.

 

Smiling at how adorable they both looked, I turned my gaze to a lonely Baekhyun who was sitting on the windowseat. Walking over to him, I sat down on the ground next to his feet and nudged him with my shoulder.

 

''Baek, you okay?'', I asked as I tugged at his shirt. ''Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine.'', he said as he ruffled my hair. I saw his gaze steer over to Chanyeol and back at me in a matter of seconds. ''What are you devising, Batman?'', I said in a heroic voice.

 

''BATMAN?! HOW COME BAEKHYUN GETS TO BE BATMAN?!'', Chanyeol screamed from across the room. ''Because you're the sidekick.'', I pointed out innocently.

 

''But-but-but-but-but-but-but-but-but...'', Chanyeol kept 'but'ing. I chuckled and turned my attention to Baekhyun once more. ''Why are you so low tonight, Baek?'', I said as I poked his cheek.

 

''Nothing's wrong, Jihyun.'', he said as he tapped my nose. I saw his gaze wander over to Chanyeol once more and watched him nod meekly. His eyes met mine and I gave him a warm smile.

 

''Wanna go outside?'', Baekhyun suddenly offered. ''But it's cold~'', I protested. He wouldn't listen. ''I'll make sure you're not cold, Jihyun.'', he said as he took my hand and tugged toward the door.

 

''But Baek~~'', I kept insisting. ''What if I catch a cold later?''

 

''I highly doubt it. But if you do, I'll take care of you. You have my word.'', he swore. Feeling a bit comforted, I grabbed my coat and stepped out with him.

 

I hissed as the cold air hit my face. 

 

Note to self: Never wear sweatpants while going out.

 

''Baek~'', I whined as I shivered uncontrollably. He quickly turned around and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. ''Shhh. You'll be warm in a minute.'', he said calmly. 

 

My face was already flushed because of his kiss and I could feel myself growing warmer, true to his word. ''Where are we going? It's only a few minutes till Christmas.'', I said as I glanced at my watch.

 

''Oh, you'll see soon.'', he replied. We kept walking and we got farther and farther away from the house. Baekhyun had taken a Mentos out of his abnormally large coat and popped one into his mouth. He offered me one, but I refused.

 

A bit more walking and we reached a really secluded area. Baekhyun led me through the woods which were onto our right. The snow and leaves crunched under our weight. In the distance, I saw a small pavilion covered with fairy lights and flowers.

 

My jaw dropped open. It was like someone had transported it here from a movie.

 

''C'mon~'', Baekhyun tugged at my hand. We stepped into the pavilion and I smiled as I touched the flowers which were twisted delicately around the pillars.

 

''Has this always been here?'', I asked. ''Well, no. I got everyone to help.'', Baekhyun admitted. ''Help? You made this, Baek?'', I said as I walked all around the pavilion, admiring it's beauty.

 

''Jihyun'', Baekhyun called out. He was standing in the middle of the pavilion and had his hand stretched out. Taking it without any nervousness at all, he pulled me close to his warm chest.

 

''There's something I have to ask'', he said. ''Go on.'', I urged.

 

''Do you know what a candy kiss is, Jihyun?''

 

''...No?''

 

His lips twisted in to his angelic smile and he pointed to something above his head. 

 

I recognized it immediately since it was the same thing Yongguk had held before me over 3 months ago in the school hallway. ''Mistletoe'', the word tumbled out of my lips before I could stop them.

 

Really.

 

I couldn't move them at all since Baekhyun had delicately placed his lips on mine while cupping my face. I instinctively closed my eyes and placed my hands on his, not pushing him away but urging him to go on. 

 

I had watched a lot of movies with absolutely romantic kissing scenes but none of them have ever been this romantic. The promise which I had made to myself- when Chanyeol said that boys had cooties- shattered away the moment Baekhyun had placed his lips on mine.

 

He knew. He knew that he was the person I was waiting for to kiss. 

 

He absolutely knew.

 

After a while we pulled away from lack of oxygen but resumed immediately afterwards, the kiss getting a bit intimate. His tongue poked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth enthusiastically.

 

It wasn't until I felt something pop into my mouth did I pull away. Tilting my head, I felt the object with my tongue and began laughing. 

 

It was the Mentos Baekhyun had put in his mouth earlier.

 

''What? You said you didn't know what a candy kiss was. I wanted to show you.'', he said warmly. ''For showing a beginner, you did a pretty good job, Baek'', I said as I kissed his cheek.

 

''Saranghae, Jihyun.''

 

''Nado saranghae, Baek''

 

''...Now. Can I have my Mentos back?''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like? This is my FIRST EVER EXO fic. 

(IhopeIgottheirpersonalitiesright.)

 

Comment and subscribe!

tumblr_mcgbsgRfXJ1qfkdtpo1_500.png