Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay? |one shot|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is the day.
Today is the day. After much thought and consideration, I’m going to confess to him.
I’ve mustered up my courage. I’m going to make him mine.
And nothing can stop me.
When I said nothing, I mean NOTHING.

Ever since he shaved my dog’s head because he thought it’ll look cool when we were in 4th grade, I’ve been in love with him.
Ever since he called me stupid for getting a D in Math when we were in 6th grade, I’ve been in love with him.
Ever since he cut my hair short when I was asleep when we were in middle school, I’ve been in love with him.
Ever since he gave me a frog as my 16th birthday present, I’ve been in love with him.

Yes, call me crazy. Call me idiotic. 
Love makes me crazy.

Truth is, I love everything about Lee SeungHyun.

We’ve known each other since we were in elementary school when he stole my lunch pack and spat on it so that I’d be too disgusted to take it back. We’ve been friends even though we fight all the time, over the smallest thing. SeungHyun just loves to tease me every moment that he can; it’s like a hobby of his.

Okay, so how am I going to confess you ask?
I have written a letter for him.
Nana, my best friend, thought it was crazy to even call it a love letter. She said that I’ve lost my mind. 
Well, maybe I have, seeing that I have fallen for the annoying and irritating Lee SeungHyun.
This is how the letter goes.
  Yah SeungHyun or SeungRi or VI,
(pick whichever you like, cuz that’s not the main point here),
You know me, right? ChaeRin? Your friend, duh!
That’s right, the baddest female in Seoul city.

I’m writing you this letter because I want to let you know how I feel.

I love you.

There I said it.
Nope, this is not a joke. 
DON’T LAUGH!!

This is a serious matter. Like global-warming kind of serious.
Well, do you want to date me?
Be my boyfriend or whatever?

If not, it’s cool.
We can still continue being friends as usual.
Just pretend that this day never exists.

And oh, I have to tell you beforehand that I may not want to talk to you or even see your face if you reject me. Don’t be surprised if some people might think that you’re gay. I might have to spread that rumour to take care of my image. And don’t be surprised if your Mom thinks that you’re smoking pot. I might spread the rumour to her too. I like the idea of your Mom b.tch-slapping you till you bleed.
If you reject me, that is.
But don’t worry, it’ll die down in a few months or so.
Don’t be pressured.

So what do you think of us?

Yay or nay?
  xoxo
ChaeRin
*******

 
I like the way that it’s simple and straight to the point. I was never the mushy, romantic type anyways.

So, I was on my way to his house which was only a couple of blocks away when the rain poured heavily. Frantically, I went to a nearby bus stop for shelter. There were a woman and his young son and an old man sitting there. I took the empty seat between them. Unfortunately, I saw that the love letter was already damp from the rain. I frantically took out a tissue and pat it gently, trying to dry it.

Suddenly, I saw an old grandmother carrying a heavy bag, walking in the rain. I felt bad for her. Well, my mother always taught me to be nice to old people even if they smell and talk weird. Putting the letter carefully on the seat, I ran to help the grandmother. She was so thankful when I took her heavy bag and helped her to the bus stop that she thanked me for about a million times. I simply didn’t have time to talk to her; I have a mission to do.

When we got back to the bus stop, the young boy was reading something out loud while his mother and the old man laughed. 
“Yay or nay?” the boy finished reading.
My eyes widened at the sudden realization.

He was reading my love letter!

I snatched the letter from his hand and it tore a bit at the side. Furious, I shot him an icy stare. He quickly went to hide behind his mother who apologized for the boy’s rudeness. If she wasn’t there, I’d beat him up for sure. That boy should be punished before he grew up to be a loser. 

When the rain had ceased, with the
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter