Game Starts,

Lonely is Fine

Dear readers, sorry that it took me longer to update this time around.  I've been busy busy.  It's not a long chapter as I had hoped, but I hope you guys enjoy this update.  Please don't be a SILENT reader.  Comments are what really helps me determine whether my story is doing well or not.  But if you guys insists on not commenting I'll be fine with it too...it's just I'll really apperciate it.  Thank you guys! & E N J O Y!

=============================================================================================================

The rain had now just started to pour outside.  Jaebeom had moved out already.  The house seemed even lonelier though he was never home. Nicole sat at Junhyung's desk in the dark.  The clock that sat on his desk kept on ticking away.  It was ten at night.  The kissed she had received from Yongguk that day made her unsure of her own feelings.  After leaving Yongguk she had been sitting in the same place.  She finally stood up and headed out of Junhyung's room.

"Okay..." She stated to herself.

"Her name is Nicole?"  Himchan asked while he put down the can of beer on top of Yongguk's coffee table, "You really confessed to a girl?" He let out a laugh as he now leaned back onto the couch.

"Aniya, I just..."

"That fast huh?"  Yoseob was shocked to hear the news, that he didn't realized he had interrupted Yongguk's story.

Yongguk's eyes slowly shifted towards Yoseob who seemed a bit tensed.  He then slowly nodded his head signally yes to Yoseob.

"Yongguk-ah..." Yoseob looked away from Yongguk's stare, "can we talk?  Outside?"

The two stood outside Yongguk's apartment balcony.  The rain was pouring hard now.  The city lights of Seoul from their distance was beautiful. The cars that were passing on by was audible.

"So, what is it?"  Yongguk's deep voice asked, "Spit out the words Yang Yoseob..."

"Don't mess with someone's feelings just because you want to heal yours."  He sharply replied, "You're better than that..."

"Weren't you the one who kept telling me to get over your sister?"  Yongguk filed back a bit ticked off now. He placed his hands out towards the open space and began to catch the fallen rain into his hands, "When an opportunity comes your way, you have to catch it..."

"But with this opportunity, as I see it...it's like those raindrops you've just caught.  It'll eventually slip out of your hands..." Yongguk knew exactly what Yoseob was doing.

"Why do you care so much?"  Yongguk turned his head quickly towards Yoseob now.

"The only way you were ever going to move on was if Gyuri passed away?"  He knew Yoseob would eventually use the Gyuri card on him.

"Hyung!"  Yongguk raised his voice in anger now.

"Are you mad?  Do you despise  me for bringing this situation up?" Yoseob stayed calm though he knew Yongguk was slowly getting ticked off, "Before you hurt not only yourself but her, stop..."

"What do you know?" He grabbed Yoseob by his collar shirt, "What the hell do you know about my damn feelings!!" He yelled in Yoseob's face now.

"Hey..." Himchan opened the door surprised, "what's going on?" Himchan quickly broke the two apart as Yoseob fixed his shirt, "Yongguk hyung..."

"Sorry..." Both Yoseob and Yongguk turned to look at the sliding doors and found a girl standing there.

"Hana...Hana noona came to see you." Himchan huffed out of breath.

"We'll finish this another time." Yoseob stared at Yongguk as he now brushed past Hana with Himchan following behind. They heard the front door opening then shutting.

"Bad timing?" She looked at Yongguk.

"What are you doing here?" Yongguk asked with his back now turned annoyed as he leaned on the rails of his balcony bars.

"I came to visit you though it was pouring," she came from behind as she wrapped her arms around his waist, "I miss you so much..."

Yongguk looked down towards the street.  His eyes were filled with tears just like the pouring rain now.  He wiped them away slowly and turned around to face Hana.

"You're all soaked up...why don't you go change into something dry."  She was surprised by his gentle side all of a sudden, "My room is that way." He walked inside as she followed, "Search through my clothes for sweat pants and a shirt." He sat down on his sofa as she went into his room.

Yongguk heard a knock at his door.  He stood up and made his way towards it when he received a text message from Himchan. His hands were on the door knob as he read the text message. He slowly unlocked the door.

"My keys I can't find them. Are they at your place?  I'm coming back for it."

He open the door as he put his phone back into the front pocket of his sweater and slowly lifted his head to see who it was.

"Hi..." His eyes widen in shocked, he stared at Nicole who was soaked from the rain, "I'm here now..." She smiled at him, "I have an answer for you..." He could tell she was freezing by her trembling voice.

"Yongguk!" Nicole heard a girls voice from the background as she looked over his shoulders, "don't I look good in your clothes?" Hana came out wearing one of his plain white t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Nicole," Yongguk watched as her smile slowly disappeared.  She turned her eyes away from Hana back towards Yongguk, "I can explain." He grabbed her hands.

"What's going on?" Hana came by the door and notice Nicole, "It's you again." Hana said in a high pitch voiced a bit jealous, "Yongguk!" She grabbed his hands off Nicole's.

"Bad timing," Nicole took her eyes off him and bowed towards them, "I'm sorry." Right when she turned to leave she found herself facing two guys.

"Yongguk-hyung." Himchan looked at Nicole, "Who's this?" Yoseob who was behind Himchan stuck his head out to find a girl soaked in rain standing in front of Himchan. It must've been that Nicole girl he thought to himself.

"I came to the wrong apartment." Nicole didn't look at the boys as she bowed towards them then walking off.

"Nicole!" Yongguk yelled after her as Hana pulled his hands back, "Let go, when I come back you better be gone." He state as he ran past his two buddies and after Nicole.

"Hana noona," Himchan stared at her, "Aishh just give up...don't you feel a little embarrassed?" Himchan walked past her and into the apartment searching for his keys.

"You should probably leave," Yoseob glared at Hana, "you've caused enough trouble for Yongguk."

"If I leave this time, I'm never coming back for sure." Hana stated with tears in her eyes, "He'll regret the day he set me aside for a wrench like her!" She screamed in anger as she went to grab her stuff then storming out of the apartment. Yoseob closed the door and watched as Himchan searched the living area for his lost keys.

"We can't leave now, might as well make ourself comfortable until he gets back." Yoseob plot himself on Yongguk's sofa and changed the channel, "he needs us to get back inside." Yoseob smiled as Himchan pulled out his keys out from under the sofa.

"I found it!" Himchan laughed.

Nicole was about to cross the street when Yongguk pulled her back into his grip. The rain was still pouring.  He hugged her from behind and there they both stood.

"Let go of me." She demanded trying to break free.

"I don't want too." He held onto her tighter.

"It was her again..." Nicole slowly dropped her hands that were gripped onto his arms down to the side of her body now too tired to fight back, "what should I do?" He turned her around as she rested her head in his chest feeling defeated.

"She's not important..." He found himself saying these words so naturally, "she's no one compared to you..."

"But I'm no one compared to Gyuri..." He was shocked by her sudden attack, "you still can't get over her and I still can't get over Junhyung...maybe we shouldn't rush anything."

"Ani...I just want you." He held onto Nicole tighter now, "now...it's only you..." Nicole felt something wrong something felt as if it didn't belong, but yet at the same time she felt safe. She couldn't determine how wrong it was to be in his arm when it felt so right at the same time.

"Together you say?" Nicole asked, "From today on?" Yongguk pulled her away from him slowly and grabbed her by her left wrist leading her out of the pouring rain, "Where are we going?" She asked confused by his action now.

"I don't want my girlfriend to get sick now do I?" He turned around to look at Nicole as his gummy smile appeared, "Let's get you into something warm shall we?" Nicole just followed on.

It had been a long night. After Himchan and Yoseob formally met Nicole they had left home. The rain had finally stopped.  It was around twelve in the morning when Yongguk dropped Nicole back at her place still wearing his clothes.

"Keep them," he smiled at her who got out of his car first as he followed behind, "so when you miss me you'll at least have something of mine...lets just say that's my first gift to you as your boyfriend."

"I'm going inside now." Nicole looked at him, "Thank you." She bowed and began walking away.

"Yaaa!" Yongguk yelled at Nicole who turned around, "goodnight!"

"Neee, goodnight!" Nicole smiled before heading inside the apartment building.

Yongguk watched as she went inside first then got into his car and drove back home.

The grey clouds stretched in the sky.  The sun was nowhere in sight.  Nicole woke up with a smile on her face.  She knew exactly why.  The world she couldn't see anymore disappear and she realized she had finally moved on.  She got up and out of bed. It was Sunday morning and the rain had yet not fallen.

Yongguk stared at the image of himself from his mirror.  He stared deeply at himself then walked out of the bathroom into his living room.  He sat down in the gloomy space. Thinking to himself.

 


----------------------------------------------------------------flashback---------------------------------------------------------------


"But with this opportunity, as I see it...it's like those raindrops you've just caught.  It'll eventually slip out of your hands..." Yongguk knew exactly what Yoseob was doing.


----------------------------------------------------------end of flashback----------------------------------------------------------

 


He pulled out his phone and dialed.  Then waited patiently as the phone on the other line ringed.

"Hello?"

"Game starts." Yongguk grinned then clicked and threw his phone beside him.

Yang Yoseob end call time 0:46 sec.

"Yongguk..." Yoseob slowly pulled down his phone away from his ears now, "...."

"All done..." Nicole stared at herself, "I can finally be happy now right?" She smiled at her reflection, "Of course...you'll be happier now..." She hesitated.

 


----------------------------------------------------------------flashback---------------------------------------------------------------


"The only way we can be together..." Nicole who was sitting on Yongguk's living room floor after Himchan and Yoseob left the two alone, "is if..."

"If what?" Yongguk now sat down across from her, "If I change?"

"If we can trust one another..." She looked at him, "I don't know how you did it...I don't know how I came up to this decision, but I'll give this a try if we can trust one another..." Yongguk turned his eyes away a bit hesitance.

"How about this?" Yongguk looked at her now, "I don't change at all...because it seems as though you've fallen for the nice guy in me only...lets see if you'll fall for the jerk? Yeah?"

"I don't understand..." Nicole replied, "I've seen both side of you already."

"I'll take that as a yes...good." Yongguk stood up now, "Being with me is tough, but lets see how you'll deal with it." His gummy smile appeared."


----------------------------------------------------------end of flashback----------------------------------------------------------


"He's got me under a spell..." Nicole told herself, "for some reason I'm okay with it though..."

Yongguk closed his eyes and heard his phone ringing. He grabbed for it and answered.

"What?" Yoseob asked on the other line.

"She was easier than I thought..." Yongguk stated.

"Yongguk...." Yoseob was becoming impatient.

"Wae?  It's not like I didn't warned her ahead of time..."

"You act as if she begged for your love..." He stated, "you chased her, you asked for her love.."

"I guess my acting skill isn't so bad either ehh," Yongguk sat up straight now, "Hyung..." Yongguk asked, "don't worry...I know what I'm doing...it seems like the game will be over by tonight anyways..."

"You're planning to take her to the club tonight?"

"Nee, well...I gotta go.  It's about time I go pick up my girlfriend."

"I swear..." Yoseob stated on the other line, "if you dare make that girl cry I'll kill you myself."

"Hyung," Yongguk laughed, "why do you care so much about her?  Wae? Do you like her?  Is that so?"

"If you don't understand what I'm trying to say I'll simply repeat myself once again, if I had to choose I'll choose her over you."

"Fine," Yongguk replied..."let the game start."

"Bang Yongguk!" Yoseob loudly yelled on the other line.

"I'll see you later tonight Hyung.  Bye" With that Yongguk clicked.