Don't Waste My Time;

Lonely is Fine

The early morning fog had already appeared.  From outside, the street lights became a blur.  The clouds were an ashy grey that slowly hid away the sun's ray of light.  The sound of car engines and honking at one another was heard from a far distance outside the bedroom window.  Thick aroma of rain approaching soon slithered through Yongguk's bedroom window as he slowly opened his tired swollen eyes.  The small rush of wind slowly shook his blinds back and forth.  He who was sleeping on the left side of his body now pulled his covers over his head. Yet, he felt the coldness slowly wrapping itself around him sending chills through out his body.

"Even today you refuse to get up?" He felt the side of his bed where his back was facing being pressed down by the weight of someone who was sitting down, which made him a bit awake now.

"....mmh..." He tiredly mumbled as he then slowly closed his eyes once again.

"Yongguk-ah," he now felt a hand warmly the back of his head though his covers were over him, his eyes quickly opened, "you'll be okay, right?"

"I feel like your worn out shoes," he now replied more awake as his deep voice cleared itself, "I'm in a bad mood too, just like today's weather..." His back was still turned to the person with his covers over himself.

"I don't feel like fighting today, I don't feel like fighting anymore." She then finally stated, her voice became familiar, the sweet smell of peony flower perfume made his heart beat faster, as he then felt her gentle hand pulling away from the back of his head.

"Gyuri-ah..?!" He quickly pulled his covers off his head as he looked behind him to where he had felt her sitting, but there was no one but himself in his room.

Yongguk finally sat up on his bed as he rubbed his swollen eyes with both of his hands.  He had been imagining her presence once again.  He now slowly turned his head slightly to the right and stared at his old beat up black clock that sat still on his night stand beside his bed. It was seven o'two in the early morning, his eyes wander away from his beat up old clock towards the picture frame that sat still beside the clock and his tan night lamp.

"Don't waste my time..." His deep voice grunted lazily as he looked away from the picture frame.

Nicole squinted her eyes up towards the apartment building in front of her as her breath turned into white fog in the cold morning.  She now gazed towards the entrance as she stuck her right hand inside the right side of her red puffy jacket searching for the item she had brought with her.

Yongguk walked inside his bathroom that was connected to his bedroom; after finishing his morning needs he took off his clothes shortly after.  He enter the shower turning the hot water handle on.  Cold water pressed tightly onto his bare chest as it then slowly became hotter and hotter; Yongguk then adjusted the temperature.  He dip his head under the warm water drenching down his whole body now.  He closed his eyes, the only thing audible to him now was the running water shower.

"This must be it," Nicole stared at the address written on the back of the wallet she had found outside 'Seoul's Night Bar' yesterday night while walking home.  She opened up the front flap of the wallet and stared at street address of the guys license and his apartment number.  She closed the wallet as she then softly pressed on the doorbell, now waiting patiently.

"Waah," Nicole heard a deep sigh behind her as she turned around to find a girl in a tight mini skirt and a white tank top with a red blazer, the only thing that seemed to keep her warm from the cold weather.  In her right hand she was holding onto a black clutch, "so you're the girl that kissed him last night huh?" She asked annoyed as she twirled the end of her shoulder length brown curly hair, "You're not bad looking for a girl who doesn't know how to take care for her appearance, ha I wonder how you were able to get his attention...he was probably to drunk to care." She chewed her gum annoyingly like a cow as Nicole slowly shifted her eyes away from the girl and turned back around ringing the doorbell, "Yah...stay away from him..." She scoffed, as she pulled Nicole back to face her, "be careful before your pretty face is left with a scar." She held Nicole's face in her hands while Nicole stood still unchanged in her face expression.

"You've got the wrong girl," Nicole flatly replied, as she grabbed both of the girls wrist as she yanked her hands off her face, "be careful you might jus break a bone." Nicole walked off pissed off on the inside as she stuffed the wallet back into her right pocket.

"Phssss..." the girl watched as Nicole calmly walked away entering the elevator of the apartment. Vanishing once the doors slid closed, "Yaaa," she turned away now banging on the door with her right fist, "Bang Yongguk open the door!!!"

"Crazy women," Nicole mumbled to herself as she clenched both of her fist, "I should've punched her...should've punched her..." She let out a loud sigh as she stared at her blurry reflection from the elevator doors, "aisshhhhhhh!"

Yongguk who was now changing could hear loud knocking coming from the outside his bedroom.  He zipped up his straight down black jeans as he grabbed for his army green plain sweater pulling it over his head, now wearing it. He made his way out of his bedroom and now towards the front of his apartment door. He slowly opened the door and there standing in front of him was the girl that had been arguing with Nicole.

"Why are you making such a huge commotion at this time of day?" Yongguk's deep unemotional voice asked flatly, "Go home." He slam the door shut in her face as he locked the door heading towards his kitchen.

"Yaaahh! Bang Yongguk!!" He could hear her yelling from outside, "You can't just throw me away!! You cheater!! Without me you're nothing! You hear me nothing!!" The doors swung open once again as it startle her. Yongguk was standing in front of her once again.

"Don't make yourself look like a fool now, remember I'm not the one standing outside your house at such an early morning...we were never together...stop being such a fool, leave or do I have to file a report to the police station that I have a stalker?" He then slammed the door shut once again.

"Huhhhhh," she let out a loud sigh, "this guy...who does he think he is?" She kicked his his front door with her heels lightly before leaving.

Silence once again.  Yongguk opened the kitchen blinds to let in the dull light as he stared out towards the small busy street from down below in his small apartment in Seoul.  In his small square kitchen he pressed onto his white answering machine that noted he had four unheard messages.  He let it played as he opened the fridge for a glass of cold water.

"Four new messages," the answering machine stated before playing them.

*B E E P*

"Hey bro, why aren't you picking up?  It's me Himchan...it's only eight, you're out drinking aren't you?  Call me back...okay?"

Yongguk closed his fridge as he pressed his lip onto the top of the glass cup filled half way up.

*B E E P*

"Yaaa, yaaa where are you?!! Why haven't you come visit your mother? She's really sick!! What kind of son are you huh?  Aishhh, what am I going to do with you, can't ever rely on you, call me you hear me?!!"

He shot down the cold water in one gulp as he wipe away the little water stain on the side of his mouth with the back of his right hand.

*B E E P*
"______________________________________________"

*B E E P*

"Hey...it's me..."

Yongguk stood still hearing the sound of her voice.

"I really wanted to talk to you tonight..." her voice faltered and began to shake, "but..but you probably wouldn't want to anyways...right?"


Yongguk combed his hair back with his left hand as he closed his eyes, he couldn't figure out what he did last night.

"Who are you talking to?"

Yongguk opened his eyes slowly hearing the sound of a guys voice in the background.

"No one..."

*B E E P*

"Saturday, October 8, 2011." The machine informed Yongguk before shutting off.

It was Sunday.  He made his way into his living room leaving the empty glass cup in the sink.  He sat on his sofa as he reached for his phone in his back pocket of his jeans.  He searched his contact list until he came to Himchan's number.  He waited as the phone rang on the other line.

"Yaa, Kim Himchan." His deep voice answered, "Let's go get something to eat..."

"It's too early..." Himchan complained on the other line, "I'll pass...and why didn't you call me back yesterday you punk!" Himchan now yelled, "Aishh, and now you're waking me up this early in the morning!!" Then he clicked.

Yongguk took in a deep breath as he left his apartment. He enter the little bakery shop a few blocks from his place which saved him gas since he didn't need to drive.  He order a cup of fresh black coffee and a plain tuna sandwich.

"That'll be $5.50," the lady cashier smiled, as Yongguk searched his pockets for his wallet.

"Aishh," he silently grunt to himself, "I'm really sorry." He lifted his head up to look at the cashier, "I'll just cancel my order."

"Ohhh..." she looked at him a bit confused, "Alright then..."

Yongguk walked out of the bakery empty handed and with an empty stomach.  He searched his pockets once again as he heard his phone ringing.  He quickly picked up while searching once again.

"Bang...Bang Yongguk?" He heard a lady's voice on the other end.

"Oh yee," His deep voice replied as he stop searching for his wallet.

"I have your wallet...you drop it last night near Seoul's Night Bar...I'll be waiting at the park near your apartment..."

"How do you know where I li-- Oh, alright then. I'll be right there...thank you!" He quickly hung up as he ran towards the park from across his apartment.

Nicole sat in the cold waiting patiently.  She adjusted the scarf around her neck as she lifted up her glasses that kept falling down.  Her straight brown hair tied up as her side bangs slowly swayed with the light wind.  She took out the wallet once again as she stared at his picture.

"You're pretty handsome..." she smiled to herself.  Kids were running around.  Mothers chatting with each other as the elderly walked around.  Nicole closed the wallet as she stared out into space.

Yongguk was in front of the park entrance now as he inhale and exhale the cold air into himself.  His breath was visible as it turned into white fog.  He searched around looking for anyone that looked like they could be carrying his wallet.  He knew it was a girl so he cancelled out all of the guys there that day.  To tired to search first he sat down beside a girl in a red jacket with her hair tied back.  She scooted a bit away from him.

Nicole turned her head slightly to look at the guy sitting next to her now, he looked familiar but she couldn't figure out where she had seen him...she turned her head away again dazing off into space.  Yongguk's breathing slowly became normal again now as he searched around the park with his eyes.  He saw little kids running around, mothers chatting with one another and the elderly walking around.  Nicole turned to take a look at him once again, she now took out the wallet and stared at the guys picture once again, then looking back at the guy sitting beside her.

"It's not him..." she softly whispered to herself, as she looked behind her to see if anyone else was coming, "Aish," she stood as now stood right in front of Yongguk which startled him, "Bang Yongguk?" She squinted her eyes as he slowly turned his face to face her now.

"And...you are?" He asked trying to see ahead of her.

"Ahh, you're Bang Yongguk." She smiled now as she quickly handed the wallet to him, "Here's your wallet." She stuck it out towards him.

"Wahh," he gave out a small laugh, "you're the person that found my wallet?" He quickly stood up as he grabbed for his wallet, "you didn't take any of my money right?" He now quickly gave her a dirty look as he searched to see any of his belonging gone from his wallet.

"Huhhh..." she let out an annoyed sigh, "I return you your wallet and you think I'm a thief? Wow, thank goodness I'm getting rid of that thing, it's because of that wallet that I've been having such bad luck!" Nicole barked at him, "The least you can do is say, 'Oh thank you, are you okay? Are you cold would you like me to take you out for breakfast for coming so early to drop off my wallet for me and not taking anything'...aigoo!" She pulled her shoulder bag closer to herself now as she brushed passed him annoyed.

Yonnguk watched as she stormed off.  He was taken a back by her usage of words, and how fast she said them.  It was taking him a while to take in all that she said.  He looked at his wallet with nothing gone, nothing touched.  He looked down on the ground and found a small journal as he bended down to pick it up.  He turned back towards where Nicole had set off to, and there he notice a trail of things on the ground, it must've been hers.  Nicole stopped outside the parks entrance as she quickly turned back to see if she could still see Yongguk.  She looked at the ground with all the things she kept in her bag.  She slowly turned her head too look at her black hand bag as she quickly looked inside it and realized there was a huge hole.

"Oh my gosh!!" She yelled as she quickly looked up and found Yongguk in front of her and in his hands all the things she had dropped.

"So...would you like to have breakfast?" He looked at her as he handed her belongings back.

"Huh?" She looked at him confused and embarrassed.