Chapter 15

Truly Madly Deeply

 

Taemin woke up and looked around, he was in a white room and Key and Jonghyun was sleeping on the couch beside him.

                “Umma?” Key stirred as he opened his eyes and saw Taemin trying to get up, Key quickly rushed over and pushed him back down.

                “Baby, I’m so glad that you’ve woken up. You’ve been asleep for two days already; we were so worried about you. Don’t worry, the man that did this to you was arrested and the money was returned to Mrs. Choi. Everything is back to normal” Taemin smiled as he looked around the room, Key knew who he was looking for.

                “Minho just went out to get some food for us. He woke up a few hours after we arrived to the hospital and was taking care of you when we couldn’t. Yoogeunnie misses you; neither Jonghyun nor I can get him to stop crying. It’s only Minho that could get him to stop crying and to go to sleep” Taemin giggled, he laughed at the image of Minho being a stay at home appa while Taemin was in the hospital. Just at the moment, the door opened and Minho walked in with two bags of grocery.

                “Key, I brought food and diapers and milk powder for Yoogeun, you must be hungry” Minho turned around and his face broke into a smile when he saw Taemin staring back at him. Minho went forward and pulled him into a hug.

                “I miss you, Minnie” Taemin tightened his hold on Minho and pecked him on the lips, making Minho freeze at Taemin’s actions.

                “Minnie...I love you” Minho whispered as he held onto Taemin tighter and breathed in his scent, even though it had just been two days, it felt like forever to Minho.

                “Where’s Yoogeunnie? Is he all right?” Minho nodded; he didn’t want to let Taemin go until he felt himself being gently pushed away. He looked down at Taemin and saw that his face was red.

                “Are you feeling okay, Minnie? You’re face is all red” Minho gently touched Taemin’s cheeks and they were a bit warm but Taemin shook his head.

                “I need to go to the washroom but you were holding me so tightly that I didn’t know how to tell you” Taemin quietly said, Minho found it so adorable that he just wanted to pull him into a hug again but he remembered about Taemin’s problem.

                “Do you need me to accompany you there?” Taemin quickly shook his head but he reached out for Key’s hand and dragged him to the washroom instead. When Taemin and Key got to the washroom,it was then that Taemin started to panic.

                “Umma! Minho proposed to me a while back but I rejected him because I said that I didn’t feel his love for me was enough. After what he did, I don’t know what to think anymore” Taemin sighed as he stared at his Key umma, it seems like he didn’t hear the part after the word ‘proposed’.

                “Baby? He actually proposed? Why didn’t you say yes?! Even I could see the love he had for you! I just told him to make a nice dinner for you to cheer you up! I didn’t expect him to propose!” Key started to freak out, his baby is getting married.

                “Umma! Calm down, I didn’t say yes yet. I don’t want him to think that I’m saying yes just because I felt like I owe him, even though I technically do. I thought it was Umma’s plan to get him to propose to me. I never knew he actually meant it!” Taemin felt guilty now, he was accusing Minho of something that he didn’t do and he didn’t believe him when he actually did do something.

                “What should I do umma? Should I tell him I accept his proposal?” Key was thinking, he suddenly snapped his fingers and pulled Taemin closer.

                “Baby, if you suddenly accept his proposal then it’ll just seem desperate! Let umma check it out for you, if he still wants to marry you, then nothing will stop him from proposing again” Key walked out dragging Taemin behind him, they went back out to the room.

                “Minho, I have something to ask you, do you really love my baby?” Key narrowed his eyes and glared at Minho. For once, Minho didn’t shrink back or back down, he remained strong.

                “Yes, I love him and I want to marry him. I was waiting for the right time, but since everyone’s here, I want to ask for your blessings. I promise I will always protect him and I will love him forever” Minho stared straight at Taemin, making him blush as he tried to crawl under the blanket but Key wouldn’t let him.

                “Ok, I’ll believe you....for now, but it’s all up to my baby to whether he accept you or not” Key dragged Jonghyun outside and left, leaving Taemin and Minho inside the room. Both of them stayed in the room and tried to avoid contact with each other, even though Minho confessed his love for Taemin, he didn’t know what to do right now.

                “Um...Minho, is it true what you said? That you love me and want to marry me?” Taemin looked at Minho with his eyes opened wide. Minho couldn’t help but laugh as he saw Taemin’s adorable look, he nodded and walked over to the bed.

                “Key didn’t tell me to anything about proposing, he just told me to cook you a nice dinner to apologize, and the proposal was my own idea” suddenly a nurse walked in carrying Yoogeun and passed him to Minho. He knelt down and handed the sleeping Yoogeun to Taemin. Taemin looked at him with a confused face until he looked down and saw a box on top of Yoogeun’s tummy. Taemin gently placed Yoogeun on his lap and opened the box, inside was the ring that Minho initially proposed to him with. Taemin gasped, he was not expecting this at all, he looked at Minho and saw hopeful look in his eyes.

                “Minho, I don’t know what to say. This is so sudden” Taemin kept on looking from the ring back to Minho and back to the ring; he didn’t know what to do. Minho stood up and picked up the ring, he held it up to Taemin and asked him a question.

                “Will you marry me, Minnie?” Taemin continued to stare at Minho and realized that Minho was waiting for an answer; he slowly nodded and watched as Minho slid the ring on his finger. Minho sat down on the edge of the bed with a huge grin on his face; he was probably the happiest man alive right now. He watched as Taemin picked up Yoogeun and hugged him with a small smile on his face.

                “Minho, why do you love me? What is it about me that make you love me?” Taemin really wanted to know, he thought he was just a normal boy with a normal life. Never in his life did he expect himself to already have a baby boy and a fiancé, who just so happens to be Choi Minho, the man who him. Without a hint of hesitation, Minho answered him.

                “Because I do” and Taemin found that answer acceptable. Taemin felt some movement in his arms; he looked down and saw that Yoogeun had woken up.

                “Yoogeunnie, umma and appa are getting married, are you happy for us?” Yoogeun only stared at them and blinked a few times before falling back asleep. Taemin giggled at his son’s adorableness while Minho smiled at his two angel’s cuteness.