Forgetful Girlfriend

Forgetful Girlfriend

A sudden knock on your door made you stop eating your breakfast. You placed down your chopsticks before opening the door and smirking. “I wasn’t expecting you this morning,” you smirked. The person in front of you smirked as though it was their turn to smirk as they leaned on the door frame.
“Well then, my plan worked,” they said with a wink. Your face flushed but you didn’t want them to see it so you walked away, leaving the door open. The person invited themselves in and took off their shoes. They followed you into the kitchen where you had returned to eating your breakfast. “You should be eating more than that,” they pointed out calmly. Even though they were calm, you could hear the frustration laced around their words. You glanced at the table that only had a bowl of rice and kimchi. A smirked on your face as you teased them playfully.
“And you shouldn’t be acting like my grandmother,” you stuck out your tongue and blew a raspberry. “Junhyung.” His eyebrows connected before growling in frustration.
“Why you little…” He growled softly before walking to you, with the motion of someone choking someone else. You shrieked a little before hopping off your chair and running away from him who had begun to chase you.

“Yah! Junhyung!” You shrieked after he had caught you. Junhyung had tackled you and started to tickle you on the sides. “Okay, stop, stop!” You couldn’t handle the tickling anymore. “I’ll start to eat more next time!” Only then did he stop.
“You better,” he growled in frustration. A scary glint appeared in his eyes as he dragged you to the doorway. “Put your shoes on.” You did what you were told, fearing that he would tickle you again.

Before you knew it, he had dragged you to a bus stop. He barely gave you enough time to lock your apartment! You didn’t even notice him putting on his disguise kit. You tried not to laugh at the hilarious get up but you failed miserably. You tried not to look at him but you just couldn’t shake it away from your head with his fake old-fashioned glasses, thick moustache and small little top hat that somehow stuck to his head.

At that exact moment, the bus arrived and you were dragged along. Junhyung paid for both of your expenses before pulling you to a seat that attracted the least attention – it being the seat in the corner. “Yah, grandmother,” you looked at him curiously. “Where are we going?” You saw his eyes darkening dangerously before answering with a smirk.
“To the super market.” You opened your mouth to question why only to be cut off. “So that we can stock up your fridge; knowing you, it’s probably empty.” You looked away in embarrassment as it was true. You had used up all your food as ingredients for your breakfast.

You didn’t have to face the embarrassment any longer because the bus dinged, an indication that they had arrived at their destination. You didn’t have any say as you began to walk alongside him. He first took you to the grocery store where he let you buy anything that you wanted, but only under his watchful stare. You ended up buying a month’s worth of food because of him complaining that you needed more. When you came out, he glanced at you and nodded in approval before takings some of the bags at of your grasp and replaced it with his hand. You subconsciously squeezed his hand in response.

After strolling around, looking for anything else to do, your stomach grumbled. “I’m hungry,” you bluntly stated. Junhyung wanted to pinch the bridge of his nose that is, if he wasn’t holding your grocery bags.
“It hasn’t even been an hour yet since you ate breakfast,” he pointed out. You frowned at his complaint before breaking the hand contact.
“For your information, I didn’t even finish eating because of someone here,” you stubbornly pointed out, looking up and down at him to emphasis the fact. You sighed while you thought about the food that sat on your table. Your lonely, lonely breakfast that you had forgotten to pack away. You had your hands on your hips – a sign that every woman used when they weren’t impressed. Junhyung looked away slightly guilty. He rubbed the nape of his neck, pondering what he should do. You frowned at the pause and jabbed him in the chest as hard as you could. He stumbled back from the sudden force and almost lost his balance. “You’re treating me and that’s final,” you glared at him, before striding away.

You tapped your chin, wondering what could fill your empty stomach. You looked around the mall before spotting an expensive restaurant. You grinned mischievously while you waited for Junhyung to arrive. Once he did, you walked towards the show and entered without any hesitation. You sat at the table in the furthest corner, taking a look at the menu. Junhyung’s mouth dropped at the menu and tried to drag you out. “Are you seriously going to make me pay for all of them?” he asked desperately. You smirked evilly before nodding.
“Blame yourself since you were the one who dragged me out of my apartment,” you shrugged. You walked back inside and ordered one of your favourite meals. Junhyung sighed and sat in the opposite chair, watching you eat. You tried to shove your utensil in his face since him starting at you while you ate was starting to become awkward but he grabbed your wrist before you could.
“Nah-uh, don’t even think about it,” he smirked; satisfied that nothing was going to ruin his beautiful face. You frowned and finished off your meal to which he paid for.
After your fine meal, you patted your stomach in satisfaction. “Aaaah, that hit the spot,” you grinned. Junhyung looked through his now-empty wallet and sighed.
“And there foes my hard-earned cash,” he mumbled softly. You overheard and couldn’t help but crack a grin.

On the way back, Junhyung spotted you glancing at a certain expensive bangle. Without much thought, he walked towards it, picked it up and brought it to the cash register before buying it. Your mouth dropped wide open as he wrapped it around your arm.
“T-That…” you tried to form words in your head but it wouldn’t just come out. “How did you but it if you said all of your money was gone?” His eyebrow raised at the question and smirked.
“Who do you think I am?” he asked. You rolled your eyes before answering, knowing full well that his boastful attitude was coming back.
“The all-powerful jerk who pulled his girlfriend outside while she was having her breakfast,” you grinned, knowing full well that you just popped his bubble. Junhyung frowned at your answer before shaking his head.
“That was a rhetorical question but fine,” he sighed. He took out his wallet and fished out that he had used – his credit card. “I do have one of these you know.” You mentally smacked yourself on the head. Of course he would have one at his age. “And before you take that bangle off, take it as a birthday present.” He eyed your hands there were hovering above the bangle. Your eyes widened in realisation.

You finally figured it out why Junhyung was taking all the teasing that you had been giving him. “Don’t tell me you forgot it was your birthday today…” he groaned. You laughed lightly while scratching your cheek. Junhyung face-palmed himself before he smiled softly. “Well then, happy birthday, jagiya.” He then patted you on the head. You pouted at his action so you slapped his hand away.
“I’m not a little kid, you old granny,” you teased once more before running away. Junhyung growled underneath his breath before he started to chase after you.
“Yah! What did you call me?!” he roared irritated.
“GRAAAAAAAAAAANNNNYYYYYYYYYYY!” you called out childishly before disappearing to the direction of your apartment, with your boyfriend hot on your tail.