Of Smoking and Idiots

Of Smoking and Idiots

 

"Kris hyung! I know that you're stressed out by being the leader but don't smoke!" Chanyeol took a side glance at the man sitting next to him.

 

Kris let out a puff of smoke from his mouth, "What now? Chanyeol is worried for his Kris hyung, isn't he?"

 

"I-I-I'm not!" Chanyeol huffed as he stomped into his room.

 

*Hmph. Who did he think he was?! I was worrying for his health and this is how he treats me! Pfft.*

 

Kris took a look at the angry boy's retreating back.

 

Once Chanyeol was out of sight, Kris spat out the cigarette, eyeing it with distaste.

 

"Ergh. That was gross. This doesn't seem to be working at all! That troll, Jongdae! Telling me that smoking would look cool to Chanyeol and he would fall for me in a heartbeat! I better go brush my teeth a million times!"

 

~~~

 

Kris lit a cigarette the moment Chanyeol stepped into the living room.

 

"Kris! You are setting a bad example for the kids! Stop this unhealthy business now!" Suho chided gently.

 

"Araso, araso…" Kris stepped on the cigarette to extinguish the flame. He didn't want any of the EXO members to pick up this bad habit after all.

 

Chanyeol watched as Kris gave a satisfied sigh after throwing the bud away.

 

*Why? Why does Kris hyung only listen to Suho hyung? I am his rapping buddy! Well… Suho is so perfect after all, angelic face, angelic smile, angelic personality… An angel…*

 

Chanyeol sighed and walked out of the room.

 

*He will never like me. Perfect beings go with perfect beings…*

 

~~~

 

"Erm… Chanyeol?" Kris shuffled into the room after Chanyeol, "Do you erm… well… happen to think that people who smoke are well… cool?"

 

Chanyeol looked up at Kris with wide eyes, "No! It destroys your health! I hate them! And… Why are you asking me?"

 

"I-I-I-I- Joonmyun told me to!" Kris rushed out of the room in a hurry. So what of his fans thought he was the cool and unbeatable duizhang? He was weak against the one he loves!

 

~~~

 

"Jongdae! It's all your fault!! Chanyeol doesn't think that people who smoke are cool! And did you hear him?! He hates them!!"

 

~~~

 

"Chanyeol! Want to go grab some ice-cream with me?" Kris decided to abandon the smoking plan. It didn't work anyways.

 

Chanyeol lit up, "Su-"

 

He stopped in the middle of his sentence.

 

"No… Find someone else…"

 

Kris froze. Who was he supposed to find? Chanyeol is the one he loves. Why should he find someone else?

 

"No, no, no. Chanyeol, you come with me. I promise we will get your favourite flavour, Chocolate Mint, was it?"

 

"That's Suho's favourite. Mine's Chocolate Fudge. Go find Suho and buy him Chocolate Mint." Chanyeol slumped into his bed.

 

Oh no.

 

~~~

 

Chanyeol started avoided Kris.

 

*It's better like that anyway. I can get over my feelings for him and he can have more time to court Suho hyung.*

 

~~~

 

"Cha-" Kris started.

 

"Nope, sorry. I have to be somewhere else." Chanyeol slipped out of the room.

 

~~~

 

"Do y-"

 

"Nope."

 

~~~

 

"Should w-"

 

"Nope."

 

~~~

 

"Let's g-"

 

"Nope."

 

~~~

 

"I've had enough, Chanyeol. Why do you keep avoiding me?" Kris gripped Chanyeol's shoulders tightly.

 

"Oh l-look at the time! It's time to go take a shower!" Chanyeol tried pushing Kris away, flustered.

 

"Chanyeol. Don’t try and avoid me anymore. I know how you feel." Kris looked sincerely at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol froze. Kris knew that he loved him?

 

"Y-You do?"

 

"Of course I do! It was so obvious!"

 

*Was I really being that obvious? If Kris hyung knew, why… Oh… He must be planning to reject me nicely…*

 

"I-I'm sorry for feeling like that towards you! I know it's wrong between us but I'm really glad you took the time to think of how to reject me nicely!" Chanyeol looked earnestly into Kris' eyes.

 

"W-What? Reject? Are we on the same topic?" Kris looked blankly at Chanyeol, "I'm talking about me smoking and you hating it?"

 

"S-Smoking?'

 

 

 

"Oh!! Of course we are on the same topic! I was talking about you rejecting to continue being my friend if I hated smoking! Yes yes…" Chanyeol smiled sheepishly.

 

"Ahhh!" Kris nodded in realisation, "Don't worry about that! I will always accept you! And and and!! Please don't hate me! The smoking was just part of a… plan. "

 

*A… plan…?*

 

"A plan to do what? Ah! Get Suho hyung to notice you? Don't worry! You have my full support!" Chanyeol nodded, hiding the frown that was threatening to appear.

 

"Get Joonmyun to notice me? What for?" Kris tilted his head curiously as he took a seat on the floor.

 

Chanyeol knelt in front of him, "You like him, don't you?"

 

"Nah… I like someone else." Kris winked.

 

"Ehhhhh?? But the ice-cream… and the cigarette?"

 

"Guess you will never know~"

 

"Hyung~~~~~~~"

 

*I guess it's still too early to tell him. This is good, our relationship is good like that.*