4.

Officially His Personal Maid

 

"My frail heart can't take it any longer, please perform CPR on me." Hyukjae panted, clutching his chest tightly.
 
"I'm sure the ghosts here would gladly do it for you." Donghae laughs. Truthfully, Donghae is terrified out of his wits that he could piss in his pants any moment. He manages to maintain a calm and composed look for the past ten minutes, only to fade when he felt a grip on his ankle.
 
"Jesus Christ!" Donghae shrieks and immediately climbs onto Hyukjae, who was taken by surprise, fell onto the hard and cold floor.
 
Donghae who landed on something, unsure if it was human or not, started to feel his surroundings. He felt fabric underneath him and used his finger to poke on a rather hard surface.
 
Poke...poke...poke.
 
Hyukjae frowns, "Are you poking my torso."
 
Donghae gasped and blinked, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dark and he whispered, is that you? Hyukjae facepalmed and replied with a hint of sarcasm, "No, it's your grandpa."
 
"Then what does that make me, your grandson?"
 
Hyukjae sighs and shuts his eyes in defeat. This was exactly one out of the thousand reasons why he did not like having small talks with Donghae; Donghae would always unintentionally succeed in making Hyukjae a fool or left speechless in a not-very-good way. Hyukjae became quieter after realising something and he tried to seem casual, hoping Donghae would just stay put.
 
Hyukjae looks fine from any person's view but in the inside, he was pleading and thrashing violently for Donghae to just ing stay on his body cause he finds it really comfortable like a baby koala bear clinging onto a bamboo tree.
 
He tried getting off to Hyukjae's dismay but being as dense as he ever was, he squirmed around since he was afraid of falling over. Which caused his groin to rub against Hyukjae's by accident. I repeat. Donghae's. Groin. Against. Hyukjae's.
 
Hyukjae gasped and bit his cheeks hard. He had to fight the urge to not burst open a bag of Skittles and throw it around singing 'Hyukjae and Donghae makes you feel the heat, we bring the gays out!'
 
Donghae froze as his face stiffened. . He scolded himself, now not daring to move in case he made a wrong move again.
 
"So are you gonna stay there till Christmas or what." Hyukjae joked.
 
"But I'm afraid I'll -" Donghae said before stopping midway, his eyes trying not to concentrate on Hyukjae's face which was just millimetres away.
 
"Hmm?" Hyukjae hummed, looking through his bangs, staring at Donghae with sultry eyes as his fingers travelled along Donghae's jawline teasingly. Donghae shivered while a shaky breath passed from his lips and he swore that the air around him had grew hotter and stuffier. The back of his head practically screamed He's hot and his lips scream 'Kiss Me!' so just kiss him. Now.
 
Donghae felt that this was worse than being scared out of his wits in a haunted house. You got to be a real man Donghae, it up! he thought and forced himself to stare back into Hyukjae's eyes.
 
It was the first time Donghae had seen Hyukjae's eyes this close to his. Donghae had never seen such deep brown pitless and captivating orbs in his life before. But his eyes hinted cold, aloof and yet mysterious to Donghae which he finds it quite amusing.
 
"I was afraid I would stomp on you to death and break your ribcage and you'll have to get a thousand stitches and then be bedridden for months and then you'll have really ugly scars." Donghae said, up on his legs already as he helped Hyukjae who muttered, "Are you cursing me, you sadist." before standing up too.
 
Both of them realized that it was just a skeleton's hand which grabbed onto Donghae's ankle briefly. They continued on although staying much closer to each other and grabbing each other's sleeves unknowingly. They walked along a path filled with statues, goblets and creepy-like objects which neither one of them wanted to know.
 
Clank, clank.
 
"Is that your shoe?" Donghae questioned after a while.
 
"Do I look like I wear heels?" Hyukjae eyed him. "And I do not have humoungous feet like yours."
 
Clank, clank.
 
The sound got louder and louder, and Hyukjae turned to see a white figure from afar walking towards them and he strained his eyes to get a better look. The figure had really long and thick black hair, bloody-shot eyes and fangs which were protruding out.
 
"ASDFGHJKDNCJKSCNAUHSBXK."
 
"What did you say?" Donghae looked at Hyukjae, still unware of what's behind them.
 
"AAJNDIUEWXNUEDASDNALJAKJADEIUDNSAKL." Hyukjae repeated.
 
Donghae rolled his eyes and turned but then gulped as he saw the figure approaching them, much faster. "What the hell, run!" He screamed as the both of them sprinted like a deer running away from it's predator but Hyukjae was slightly slower than him.
 
"Jeez, my grandma runs faster than you." Donghae huffed as he quickly grabbed Hyukjae's wrist to fasten up his pace as they bolted off, with the figure chasing behind them. They saw light from a far, and sprinted towards it as though it was their only hope, failing to notice the flash of a camera when they were exposed to light. Night light (coughs).
 
They see Siwon, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Sungmin waiting by an ice-cream stand just metres away, laughing and fooling around. An employee came up to them and handed over a photograph, Hyukjae looked at it before cringing in disgust.
 
The photo completely spelled derp.
 
Hyukjae had his mouth open really wide (probably because he was screaming) and behind them was the figure which posed for the camera while they were running. Hyukjae swatted his fingers as he went to a bush to puke. Sungmin appeared from nowhere and grabbed the photo fast enough from Donghae before it could land in the trash bin.
 
"Hey what are you-"
 
"For keepsake," Sungmin said nonchantly. "And I can update this on my blog! The hands are the main objectives."
 
Sungmin smiled and pointed at the spot where Donghae was holding Hyukjae's hands.
 
Leeteuk sighed, "Game and blog addicts, I just don't get you guys." and then holding up his book 'How to be popular on the net' to finish reading where he left off.
 
"Hey, we should have a boys night out tonight." Kyuhyun beamed as he snatched the book away from Leeteuk, ripping it to shreds which successfully diverted his attention to Kyuhyun.
 
"Was that necessary, I was almost reading to the page where I could reach ten followers on Twitter."
 
"The only follower you'll have on Twitter, is your sister." Hyukjae stated a fact.
 
"No, just so you know, Sesame Street's official fan page follows me too." Leeteuk replied proudly. "Because they think I look like Big Bird."
 
Donghae looked at them and frowned. "I only have Friendster though."
 
"Can we have the boys night out later? I want to play the hide and seek game there." Siwon said as he happily skipped away.
 
The rest of them reluctantly followed behind him since they couldn't go back without Siwon's car and truthfully, who wouldn't want to have a ride in that pretty, large, and expensive red Audi? Maybe Donghae considering how many lines he had to change in the train station.
 
Hyukjae crossed his arms, clearly putting on a long face as he just stared at the MC who was giving out instructions. The game was something like Running Man's bells hide-and-seek which Hyukjae absolutely hated since he had played that before and fell flat on the ground resulting in an almost broken nose and a crack at his front tooth which he had to go to the dental for fillings.
 
"Why so moody, Hyuk. You look ugly like that." Sungmin teased before shouting, "Group photo, orange squeeze!" and all of them gathered around Sungmin. Hyukjae looked in another direction, fuming whilst the rest posed and 'Ca-Chink' the picture came out nice and goofy.
 
All except for Hyukjae.
 
Kyuhyun started singing, "Hyukjae is an ugly troll, ugly troll, ugly troll ~ " with Mary Had A Little Lamb's rhythm.
 
"Mirror mirror on the wall, I am ier than you all." Hyukjae defended himself.
 
"But I find Hyukjae kinda handsome and he has a face of a monkey's which is really alike in every angle." Donghae mumbled really softly to himself, wondering if the last part was actually an insult.
 
"What? Could you stop mumbling to yourself in a creepy way cause it's creepy which creeps me out which makes it even more creepy."
 
"Now you're creeping me out Hyukjae." Siwon deadpanned.
 
Donghae just chose to shut up because he spotted a pen in Hyukjae's hands and if Hyukjae was angry because of his statement, Donghae could already think of a hundred possible ways of the pen harming him. In which Hyukjae's first most possible sentence would be; "This is a pen. It's long and has a sharp end which I'm about to murder you with. Probably choking you to death from the ink."
 
Donghae was still spacing out, thinking of maybe he could have Hyukjae place the pen in his butthole or something when 'Riiiiippp'. "Hey Donghae, the game just started five seconds ago, and you're out." Sungmin said as he held up Donghae's ripped nametag in his left hand.
 
"I think I'm starting to hate this game."
 
 

 

Donghae sat dejectedly on a bench as he hung his head lower than needed and did some self-reflecting by writing on a piece of paper a hundred times 'I must be more alert' when Siwon, Sungmin, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun sat beside him, panting.
 
"Damn, he's hot on our heels." Sungmin hissed.
 
"We should form an alliance!" Leeteuk suggested and Siwon nodded, "God taught us to be loving, peaceful and - "
 
"And you should zip it." Kyuhyun mouthed as he thought of a plan, "We have to name ourselves first."
 
Donghae looked at them puzzled and coughed, "Er, what's happening?" But no one paid attention to him as they were busy with their own (not so) secret conversations.
 
"I think we should name ourselves the Cutie Pies." Sungmin offered in a low voice and Siwon snorted, "I prefer the Believers." Kyuhyun looked at them with raised eyebrows, unamused when Leeteuk decided to step in the conversation. "We do not need a group name," He said as though he was the president of South Korea and making an extremely important speech to the nation. "All we need is to just stick together as one and help each other in need to carry out the plans, that is more than enough, to cherish one another."
 
There was a long silence as everyone exchanged looks.

“That’s lame,” Kyuhyun declared. “Let’s have a name.”
 
Leeteuk’s face fell as they started discussing again.
 
So in the end, they named themselves the 'Miami Boys In Action (MBIA)' which Donghae secretly had to gag in a corner whilst the other four males laughed with satisfactory, heads clouded with fantasies.
 
Kyuhyun knocked his fists together, "We're so going to bring Hyukjae down, MBIA let's go!"
 
The four of them did a little octopus wave, pledging that they would never betray each other when suddenly, the bromantic scene didn't turn out that pretty after all. "Let go of me!" Leeteuk shrieked as he got pinned down by the three MBIA members, they ripped off his nametag within seconds and they laughed. Leeteuk fumed as he spat profanities, walked over to Donghae and started ranting non-stop.
 
"I shouldn't have trusted them, those good-for-nothing fellas. Fleabags, faggots, whatever you name it!" Leeteuk pouted angrily which wasn't intimidating at all.
 
"At least you didn't get ousted within five seconds."
 
"Oh, right. I guess I'm better then." Leeteuk smiled, comforting himself and only making Donghae more dejected. Leeteuk whipped out his phone and typed furiously which caught the attention of Donghae.
 
 
Twitter Homepage
 
New tweet: @theholybanana @cutiefox @yourking TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR
 
- Tweet sent -
 
 
"So this is how Twitter looks like, cool." Donghae co-ed as he played around the tools. Leeteuk then grabbed the phone from the other and insisted that he create an account too.
 
"But what should I name myself, @donghae?"
 
"That's too mainstream." Leeteuk examined Donghae before typing in the new username, did some editings here an there and his account was created. Leeteuk smiled to himself as he threw the phone back to Donghae for the latter to admire his skills.
Donghae thought his eyes were about to drop as his stared at the phone screen.
 
 
Twitter profile : @takemehyukjae69
Bio: hi my name is donghae and i ship myself with @monkeyrachatata where we clearly puke and fart rainbows with unicorns all over the place.
 
 
"Ew and who the hell names themselves monkeyrachatata..... wait dONT TELL ME THATS-"
 
"Shut up Donghae, of course it's Hyukjae."
 
"But I do not like him. At all." 
 
"You're a really bad liar, you flush red at the sight of him." Leeteuk states.
 
Donghae was about to retaliate when they saw Hyukjae running to their direction. Hyukjae, for God's sake, Hyukjae. "Hey have you seen Kyuhyun and the rest?" His skin glistened with sweat as perspiration soaked through his thin white shirt, which clung like a second skin to his delicious, toned body…
 
"See, you're even drooling."
 
Leeteuk said as he kicked Donghae in the shin and the latter jerked back to reality, glaring at the older. "I wasn't," he lied.
 
“If that string of drool is any indication.”
 
Donghae wiped his mouth as discretely as possible.
 
"I know I'm irresistable and all," Hyukjae teased, "But I need an answer right now."
 
Leeteuk's eyes' sparkled with flames of revenge as he pointed without hesitation, "Over there, those traitors ran over there, go catch em' all Hyukjae."
 
"I'm not a Pokemon Trainer."
 
"Just... go." Leeteuk groaned at Hyukjae not being able to get his pun. Hyukjae simply shrugged before jogging off, not forgetting to send Donghae a wink.
 
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun get your down here, that's cheating!"
 
"No, it's legal, Hyukjae. Stop whining like a twelve year old under going puberty."
 
"Shut up, you're the only one left uncaught so just ing come down the ing tree and ing surrender."
 
"Ooh, a little crude here are we now sweetchunks."
 
"Why you little-"
 
He couldn't even finish his statement when the younger threw a circular-shaped object at him, "Eyeshadow for you Lee Hyukjae, now scram."
 
Hyukjae has a secret obsession for make-up that he even wears them to sleep at night till the next day. He caught hold of the beige tinted eyeshadow package with gold glitter decorating the outer layer but then cringed when he saw the brand.
 
"This ain't M.A.C."
 
Said Hyukjae as he threw it back at Kyuhyun, successfully hitting him on the forehead. But Kyuhyun just shrugged it off as he started swaying and sang.
 
'Ca- ca- catch me if you wanna.'
 
Hyukjae took in a deep breath, as he bent down to carefully tie his shoelace which sparked curiosity in Kyuhyun. "Since you're not coming down," Hyukjae said and tied his final knot. He sprinted towards the tree and used all his might to pull himself up, "Then I'll come up."
 
"Mother father Lee Hyukjae." Kyuhyun muttered and quickly scrambled to go higher.
 
 
 
Hyukjae and Kyuhyun had both learnt their lesson; never ever climb a tree, unprotected. All of them were in an ice-cream palour when Sungmin scoffed at Kyuhyun, "You should have listened to me, now look, you've got yourself a pretty cut on the middle of your forehead."
 
"And you've got yourself a few slits on your wrists." Donghae eyed Hyukjae, "People would think you self-harmed."
 
Leeteuk added in unhelpfully, "You both look like you had a vacation at a pig sty."
 
Kyuhyun ruffled his already messy hair as he scooted over to Sungmin and nuzzled his cheek against the other. Sungmin recoiled at the strong smell of soil emitting from Kyuhyun who was far worse than Hyukjae. They were trying to rip off each other's name tag on a huge raintree half an hour ago as they had a verbal fight when Kyuhyun lost his balance and down he fell, along with Hyukjae who tried to help but in the process, fell to.
 
Can someone pass me a float because I don't want to drown in your sea of epic fail, was the first thing Siwon said when he heard the whole story before tending to their wounds.
 
Hyukjae looked at Donghae with large doe eyes which sparkled as he sat there patiently. "What?" Donghae blinked as he felt the intense stare burning through him, the other did not respond and continued waiting. But the question in the brunette's head was 'waiting for what?'.
 
Hyukjae heaved a really deep sigh and adverted his attention to the chocolate ice-cream right in front of him, which relieved Donghae, but then Hyukjae started to sulk.
 
"What is up with him?" Donghae mouthed to the rest.
 
Sungmin sighed, "Hyukjae you have got to relax, we know you have your period now so you're pms-ing but still." which earned a glare from the blonde at his friend's taunt.
 
"I do not have any periods, I don't even ovulate!" Hyukjae hissed menacingly.
 
"Looks like someone's got it really bad."
 
"No that's not it," Hyukjae grumbled as he rested his head on the table, randomly drawing shapes with his finger. "It's just that I expected someone to take the initiative to tend to me." Clearly pin-pointing at Donghae. Donghae rolled his eyes which the blonde did not fail to see.
 
"What. I obviously hired you as my maid for a reason. Contract, remember?"
 
"But you're 26, you can obviously clean yourself up." Donghae shot back.
 
Sungmin giggled at the scene in front of him. "Donghae stop being so oblivious, Hyukjae just wants some love and attention from you." Donghae felt a chill go down his spine when Sungmin emphasized on the words 'love' and 'attention' too much. Donghae scowled and reached over for Siwon's cologne, mentally wishing to wipe off that smug look as he sprayed it on Hyukjae from head to toe without warning.
 
"EEK." Hyukjae jumped out of his seat at the strong pungency of the perfume which was near-anaestatic potency. Everybody but Siwon cringed at the scent, trying to prevent their food from smelling bad too and all Hyukjae wanted then was a nice rose bath.
 
Leeteuk wheezed and coughed as though he was suffocated with fumes of smoke, "What in the world is this."
 
Siwon pointed proudly at the silver lettering below 'Exact brand used by Lady Gaga'.
 
Kyuhyun deadpanned, "You obviously got cheated."
 
Hyukjae, without Siwon noticing, took the bottle of perfume; holding it ever so carefully before throwing it out of the window with not a single sign of hesitation.
 
"Thank god he has friends like us." Donghae said as he gave Hyukjae a pat on his back, recoiling at the scent of perfume mixed with sweat and soil.
 
Hyukjae corrected, "Like me."
 
 
Donghae concluded that sharing a bedroom with a man (Hyukjae) could be pretty awkward. The first night was long forgotten since they weren't even in a clear state of mind but now they were, which adds in to the tension for Donghae. He fiddled with the hems of his white shirt as he sat at the corner of the bed wondering what had he done in his previous life to deserve this.
 
And Donghae certainly did not and could not on the television since it only played rated shows.
 
Hyukjae was listening to songs, Donghae assumed, as the white headphones cupped his ears. Hyukjae wore a casual black tee and a pair of black frames, sprawled out on the bed comfortably as he lay on his stomach when there was a knock on the door. Donghae thankfully went to open it, revealing Leeteuk and Siwon who came in with hands filled with snacks and game consoles.
 
Hyukjae looked up with a bored expression on his face and asked where were Kyuhyun and Sungmin, Leeteuk simply shrugged and said that they had to do some catching up in their room first. Donghae sent him a puzzled look, "Catch up on what?" 
 
"The y times." Leeteuk howled in enthusiasm, wriggling his in a small dance before gathering them for a hug. Hyukjae immediately excused himself before the older could break his throat whilst a dark expression formed on Siwon's face at the mention of Kyuhyun and Sungmin together. Leeteuk went over to keep Hyukjae's phone when his eyes bulged to the size of a frogs'.
 
Leeteuk stared at the screen for a mere few seconds before gathering Siwon and Donghae to look at what he had found. Siwon and Donghae had the same expression on their faces as they looked around awkwardly before clearing their throats.
 
Hyukjae came out from the washroom when Leeteuk bursted out dramatically and pointed at the former with a quivering finger, "The nerve of you, Lee Hyukjae, to watch in the middle of the night, with headphones on, volume on full blast hearing the moans and groanings, leaving our poor Donghae alone!"
 
"I- I- I- " Hyukjae stammered as a deep blush creeped onto his face.
 
Donghae stared at Hyukjae in disbelief and crossed his arms, expecting an apology or some sort since he had Leeteuk backing him up, he felt confident. Donghae's opinion about Leeteuk then changed. Maybe he isn't that bad after all and has the heart to speak out to justice though he may be really dumb, Donghae quietly praised Leeteuk when the latter spoke up.
 
"You should have called me along to watch it! I heard this film nailed first on charts, plus the actress is really pretty." Leeteuk's eyes practically glimmered, "Haven't you heard that sharing is caring."
 
Donghaetook back his praise towards Leeteuk.
 
Sungmin and Kyuhyun soon bursted through the door in matching pink shirts as they flopped onto the bed together with the rest, curious to what they were doing. Only Donghae was out by the balcony tearing and rolling tiny bits of tissues into balls before throwing them one by one out of the window.
 
A string of curses spilled from his mouth softly when the others paid no heed to him and Donghae went to flirt with the pizza on the table. "ertic s."
 
After watching the scene and deducing that the rest of the movie wouldn't be interesting anymore, they spent the next one and a half hour flipping through the channels, snacking on chocolate rolls which Sungmin found unhealthy but still ate one anyway, and playing Mario Cart games.
 
 
"Kyuhyun, just one more shot and we'll win!" Leeteuk squealed as all of them were gathered around a corner playing the dart set game he had brought. Kyuhyun faintly heard a pleading Donghae 'Please don't screw this up hyung' behind him while Hyukjae and his team prayed hard for the opposite.
 
Kyuhyun snorted, "Has the King of all Kings in Gaming who is super handsome and cool, which is me, ever disappointed you all?" before blowing out air onto the dart and in a flash, he threw the dart professionally already making his victory pose when they heard a shattering sound.
 
"Apparently you just did." Hyukjae replied unamused as all of them eyed the very expensive and grand looking vase shattered into pieces. Kyuhyun's mouth went dry, really dry.
 
"I'm not forking out a single cent for this mess plus you broke it in my room so,"  Stingy Hyukjae summarised, " Pay up."
 
But Kyuhyun was gone by the time Hyukjae turned and he looked at Sungmin. "I believe the lover would clear this up?" Donghae could only sit and watch as Sungmin shook his head casually replied a Lover? I don't really know who Cho Kyuhyun is so this has nothing to do with me, before making his escape as well.
 
They all stared incredulously at the door which both males left with hyukjae mental calculating the cost of the whole trip plus the broken vase when he broke the silence.
 
"Remind me why am I friends with such dimwits."
 
"Hey I'm not a dimwit!"
 
"Nor am I!"
 
".....me too, I'm a genius."
 
Hyukjae growled in annoyance and gave a face look which succeedingly shut the other three males' mouth.
 
 
Much to Donghae's sadness, Siwon and Leeteuk had to leave for a stroll along the beach where Donghae had wanted to tag along and Leeteuk threatened to tie him on the bed with Hyukjae if he did.
 
So now they were back to square one again; Donghae and Hyukjae in the room alone again.
 
He gaped at Hyukjae who was sprawled against a large velvet couch idling with his phone, legs thrown open too wide for Donghae's comfort and swallowed as he watches Hyukjae's mouth close around a grape, it almost obscenely before taking it in whole with a pop.
 
Donghae choked on his saliva and excused himself before fleeing for the bathroom to relieve his concerns on his phone to dial for a certain number.
 
"HEECHUL."
 
"Well, hello to you too. Can we not talk right now? I’m about to doll myself up for a meeting with some clients, so if you could keep your troubles to yourself for like the rest of your life, preferably—"

"I’M DYING."

"Alright, no, continue, by all means. Humour me."
 
"WELL, I'm stuck in a room with Lee Hyukjae and it's really awkward I don't really know if it's only me feeling that way since he's opening his legs really wide like he's trying to and I'm really scared right now do you think I should call the police or seek help from the reception downstairs or— ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME."
 
"I'm sorry. Wonder Girls is on my television right now and you know where you are on my priorities list."
 
"Oh my ing god can I just stab you when I get back."
 
"Excuse you, they're singing Tell Me and you're being extremely rude." There's shuffling on the other end, and Donghae assumes that Heechul is busying himself with which BB cream to apply.
 
He makes a strangled noise. "I'm going to die Heechul hyung," he repeats, just in case it didn't process in Heechul's head the first time. "I am dying."
 
"Death is a natural thing babe! We're all dying!"
 
The phone clicks and Donghae writhes in metaphorical pain.
 
 
"That was a really long time in the bathroom," Hyukjae comments offhandedly, sifting through copies of what appears to be Dude They're Gonna Chop Your Balls Off by P.D. Eastman and How To Be Inappropriate by Daniel Nester at the same time. 
 
"I have digestive issues," Donghae blurts.
 
He pauses. That was not what he wanted to say.

"I mean, I was having trouble.....with the toilet."

He refrains from smacking himself on the head.
 
"I see." Hyukjae responds slowly, pronouncing each syllable with utmost contemplation while staring at Donghae’s flustered face and started blinking his eyelashes profusely and pouting to the extent where his lips looked like two thick sausages glued together. Donghae had to excuse himself once more.
 
Hyukjae then frowns at the "How To Be Inappropriate' book because it clearly states there on point number 5: Bat your eyelashes seductively and add on a bonus of a y pout! to attract the other. He then takes a pencil to cross out that point and started to doubt if this book was actually helpful. 
 

"Hi, you’ve reached Heechul at 010-xxxxxxxx. I’m not here right now but—"

"Cut the bull, I totally know you’re there."

There is a disgruntled sigh on the other end of the line before incoherent foreign courses spill through the receiver, settling nicely against Donghae’s eardrum.

"I don’t want to alarm you—"

"I’m already pissing my pants from the potential thrill of what you’re about to tell me. Do go on."
 
He scrambles near the toilet bowl because that's the place where he feels safe most and whispers , "Hyukjae is acting really weird now if it doesn't things any better he even tried to eye me, like let-me--you-with-just-my-eyes-because-they-work-wonders that sort of thing I—"
 
"Are you getting ."
 
".......OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT I THINK I'M GETTING HOLY BANANAS."
 
"You're gonna get of your bananas?" Donghae could sense Heechul frowning in confusion on the other line, "That's....comforting."
 
Donghae sighed and actually considers swinging his head into the toilet bowl in frustration because Heechul was clearly not serious about this when the situation itself is dangerously serious. At least that's what Donghae thinks.
 
"I really don’t think you’re seeing the importance of this? I could potentially be dying and , and dying as in dead after being ?"
 
"Please, I'd love you to get by this Hulkjae guy. You're not a teenager anymore, go live your life with no regrets. Fly, my baby bird! Unlike me, it's not easy being tragically beautiful like my good self, it's so hard to find a person who is better than me."
 
"Hyukjae," Donghae corrected. "I hear shuffling from outside ."

Through years of friendship, Donghae is somewhat used to Heechul going off on angry tirades about how no one worth making out with is pursuing him romantically due to “tragically beautiful looks.” This is partially true, Donghae concedes, because most girls in Heechul’s life find him too intimidating and beautiful for them.
 
Heechul distantly murmurs a "Where did my whitening lotion run off to, I'm sure I treated it nicely.” before hanging up, leaving Donghae to writhe in agony beside the toilet bowl once again.
 
Donghae sees Hyukjae busying himself at the table, dressed in a pair of really tight fitting wifebeater and his boxers when he turned around, "So I was wondering if you'd like to—"
 
"ARE YOU GOING TO ME." Donghae shrieked.
 
Hyukjae stares at him with widened eyes and Donghae sinks onto the floor.
 
"Areyougoingtorapeme."
 
He stared at Donghae before falling to the ground and roaring loudly with laughter, trying to catch his breath, "That's ridiculous, do I seem like that sort of person?" He managed before laughing again.
 
Donghae sent him a half incredulous and relieved look. "You mean you're not going to me?"
 
"Wow," Hyukjae looked hurt, "I'd never stoop to that low, and I was going to ask if you'd like to sleep on the left side of the bed or the right side."
 
Donghae felt apologetic for doubting him and quietly muttered a 'right side, and sorry' before sending a text to Heechul.
 
Donghae: HEECHUL HYUNG HE'S NOT GNA ME OMG
 
Donghae and Hyukjae sat together in comfortable silence eating mango puddings with occasional slurps from the other when Donghae heard a rumbling sound.
 
"Do you hear that?"
 
"Yeah," Hyukjae said not looking up, "A rainstorm might be approaching."
 
Donghae gulped as his brows knitted, "Rainstorm?" and the older nodded. The former shifted uncomfortably in his seat when pit-pat-pit-pat rain started pouring. They could hear the beating of the rain against the window like crinkling of aluminum foils before the rumbling sound from a distant came again. Thunder and lightning would soon approach, Donghae knew and went into a state of panic. His hand unconciously tightened around the plate he was holding while Hyukjae was still oblivious to it. The distant rumbling, much like the sound of an avalanche, echoed even louder this time. It was approaching.
 
Donghae's fingers trembled as he shakily placed the plate on the table and stood up without a word as Hyukjae gave him a confused expression, "Donghae?"
 
Just then, a single vein of lightning, large and fearsome, blazed in the sky. Writhing and wriggling with the pain of it’s existence, it flashed once, glossy and polished, like the cold, gold prongs of the Apocalypse which cause Donghae to jump in fear.
 
"Sorry, uh I remembered I had to do something, if you'll excuse me," Donghae said sotly before going in to the wardrobe and locked himself inside.
 
"No one would have any business in a wardrobe," Hyukjae stared before pounding on the door, "Oi, come out, what's wrong!"
 
There wasn't any reply.
 
"Don't tell me you're scared of thunders?" Hyukjae asked. It then all made sense; how Donghae was looking a little off when he heard those sounds from a distant and stammered when he spoke. Donghae on the other side though refused to answer, and prepared himself for Hyukjae's mocking but all he heard was a gentle voice.
 
"It's alright, it's safe, come on out."
 
The cackling sound of thunder striked again.
 
Like hell am I gonna believe it's safe outside, Donghae thought when suddenly the doors to the closet flung open and Hyukjae sees the brunette cowered as he hugged his knees so tightly that his knuckles practically turned white.
 
"B-b-b-b-but-"
 
Donghae couldn't even finish his statement when an awfully deafening thunderclap and the fizzing sound of electricity sounded and he screamed like a banshee before leaping into his embrace. Hyukjae felt like he was hugging a teddy bear as he felt warm and fuzzy all over while Donghae on the other hand, felt like he was hugging a person he could crush to bones easily.
 
Hyukjae was lean, and much skinnier than what Donghae had expected.
 
Nevertheless, Donghae still clung onto Hyukjae tightly with no sign of letting go any time soon. He wouldn't mind Donghae hugging him now or the entire day even but hugging him to sleep is something Hyukjae isn't accustomed to.
 
So he thinks of a plan.
 
 
 
"Hey guys we were thinking if you wanted to join us for—" Sungmin chimed as Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Siwon barged in before halting to a stop, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"
 
Hyukjae had apparently blindfolded Donghae and plugged a earpiece into his ears, on the bed, before grinning, "There, now you won't be able to hear any thunders or even see it!"
 
"Ah, it's true!" Donghae smiled with fascination. Everyone's mouth were agape except Hyukjae.
 
Siwon covered his eyes, "Hyukjae you're the worst, what kind of play is this!"
 
Leeteuk gasped in horror, Sungmin took the opportunity and quickly snapped a picture to post it on his blog, while Kyuhyun ignored all of Hyukjae's 'it's not like that!' pleas and decided if he should call the police.
 
Donghae refused to share a room with Hyukjae that night.
 
 
"Be careful Donghae," Kyuhyun leaned on the black BMW car with his elbow comfortably, "Our Hyukjae has some SM es so good luck with that." 
 
Hyukjae glared venomously at Kyuhyun, "I told you it's not like that!" Kyuhyun smirked and not for long did the two started bickering like little children. Siwon stealthily went into the car and started reading one of Hyukjae's inappropriate books.
 
"I see," Donghae said unenthusiastically that sent chills down Hyukjae's spine, "He made me do stuff without me knowing it, he's a genius." Hyukjae gulped as perspiration trickled down his neck at the amount of sarcasm he received. Donghae squeezed in beside Siwon before closing the doors. The rear windows were left open.
 
Hyukjae just stood there, dumbfounded when he heard Donghae's voice. "Drive."
 
Wait, what.
 
"Aye aye captain!" Kyuhyun chirped and pranced animatedly before hopping into the driver's seat and prepared to drive off. Hyukjae stared at Kyuhyun, then to Donghae, then back to Kyuhyun again.
 
"You all aren't serious on leaving me stranded here alone are you? It was all a big misunderstanding!"
 
No one paid any attention to Hyukjae and just as he was about to speak again, Kyuhyun blew a farewell kiss to him and sang a see you in Seoul soon! before starting the engine and driving off, leaving a thick cloud of black smoke and Hyukjae behind. Hyukjae coughed and ran to a side for some fresh air before staring at the car gradually disappearing from the main road.
 
"YOU ARE GONNA GET IT FROM ME SOON. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. WHEN I GET BACK." Hyukjae screamed but his voice wavered a little at the last part.
 
A little boy is now staring at him curiously because Hyukjae had uncontrollably burst into tears.
 
 

 

yay an update and sorry for not updating this for months because of exams and my laziness