Woman in Red (Sooyoung⊤)

Soshibang: The Oneshot Collection

   He didn't normally see girls like her around here. He was in a darkly lit club on the bad side of Seoul city. The place was littered with junkies, es, and dead-beats. This girl looked like none of the above.

   She stood by the bar, holding her expensive Louis Vuttion purse and slim fitting bright red dress that seemed to light up the dark club. Her hair was piled on top of her hair with chopsticks that only added to her sophisticated allure. 

   Choi Seunghyun was a cop. He sometimes got sent down to this club on non-busy nights to catch people in the act of doing unlawful things. He has yet to see anyone doing their dirty deeds inside of the club. Whatever they did they did in silence, knowing that a cop could be there. But the look was written all over their faces. He knew just what they were; bad news.

   So you could imagine his surprise to see the beautiful young lady sitting standing at the bar just looking around with observing eyes. He took a long drag out of his cigarette and slowly breathed it out. The beautiful girl across the room seemingly engulfed in his cigarette smoke.

   He contemplated what she could be doing here. She could have wound up here on accident. 'Could have been on her way to one of her fancy uptown clubs and took a wrong turn. She could have came here on purpose. A young rich girl wanting to take a ride on the wild side. Either way she ended up here somehow. 

   The low but loud bass seemed to tremble the old beat down building itself. Junkies on the dance floor moving to a beat that didn't match the music. Ladies of the night standing against the wall half dressed waiting for someone to pluck them away to the parking lot. And then there was the woman in red; just looking at it all.

   Seunghyun couldn't help it, he had to know what she was doing here. He put out his cigarette on the astray at the center of the table he was sitting in. He stood up and smoothed out his coat. His eyes never leaving the beautiful lady across the room. He walked over to her ever so slowly. His feet falling into the thumping bass of the club. 

   As he neared her he noticed she looked even better up close. He smirked to himself as he finally stopped two feet in front of her. The woman in red then looked at him, her eyes scanning him up and down.

    "You don't belong here," she said simply. 

   Choi Seunghyun was almost surprised by the bluntness in her voice. She looked so soft and elegant but had the words of a truly strong woman. She was feminite yet self sure. He liked that. Most girls threw themselves at him like or blushed and shied away. He had been without a companion for the last three years. The women he met usually kept him that way. She was different. And once again, he liked that.

    "Neither do you," he said with a low chuckle. He was enjoying their little dead end exchange. It could barely count as small talk. Small talk was about things like the weather and the economy. This was just a conversation between two people who obviously didn't belong in the place they were in.

   The woman scoffed quietly and turned away, pretending as if he wasn't there. He could only chuckle once more. Her attitude was attractive. Everything about her was. Her eyes, lips, legs... the total package. But it was quite obvious he would get nowhere with this woman. She had just made a point to be rude to him.

   "Why are you still here," she asked in an annoyed tone. Seunghyun smiled weakly.

   "Let me buy you a drink," He insisted. She said no, but he leaned over to the obviously inebriated bartender and asked for two shot of Soju. The woman looked more pissed. Yet she didn't move.

   When the bartender got back with their drinks Seunghyun slid one slowly over to the woman. The woman avoided his eyes as she continued to look across the dance floor with seemingly concentrated eyes. Seunghyun started at her in awe. She was just beautiful. 

   She was tall and slim with just the right amount of curves. Her facial features sharp yet delicate as if chiseled from marble. She looked like a goddess. 

   After a few minutes of silence he finally decided to drink his shot of Soju. As he tilted his head back he felt the burning liquid sliver down his throat like a snake. It was nothing usual to him. He was fairly good with holding his liquor. It could be due to the fact that he drunk Soju everyday after work. His big and empty apartment could make him feel quite lonely at times. Television and Soju became routine every night after work. Comes through the door at one A.M.., kicks of his boots and jacket, makes himself a cup of Soju, turns on the TV. 

   He noticed the woman in red finally pick up her shot glass as well and take a shot. Her loose strands of hair falling back as she did so. Revealing her long tanned swan-like neck. He'd be a fool not to stare at the sight before him. 

   Once she finished she sat down the shot glass dabbed her lips with a napkin from the holder near by. She then turned her eyes back to him as she did so. Her eyes sparkling under the club's pulsing lights. 

   "Thanks," she said flatly. 

   "My pleasure".

   The woman hitched her purse up on her shoulder and began to walk towards the exit. Seunghyun watched as she did so. Her heels stepping to the beat of the music. Her hips swinging ever so slowly as she did so. The dress continuing to highlight her curves. Seunghyun wanted to say good bye somehow but before he knew it, she was gone.

   Seunghyun quickly took some money from his jacket pocket and threw it on the bar before heading briskly towards the door. The cool night air hit him as he stepped out into the parking lot. The Seoul city lights lit up the sky around the small parking lot. He looked left and right, looking for any sign of the woman... but she was gone.

   Seunghyun cursed himself silently before turning back to the club's entrance. As he pulled on the door he looked back one last time. Perhaps he hadn't looked hard enough? But as he turned back around, there was still no sign of the beautiful woman. 

   He sighed and walked back inside.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

   "So what's the case today boss," Seunghyun asked, stifling a yawn. After his encounter with the beautiful lady in the red dress he had only stayed at the club for an hour before returning home. He sat by the TV and drank Soju until five o'clock that morning. Only getting one hour of sleep before waking up for work at seven. 

   He still felt mystified by the beautiful young lady that he had met the night before. He seemed to think about her all last night while watching TV aimlessly. She was definetly something.

   "It's an unusual one to say the least," said the police chief.

   Seunghyun raised his eyebrow, they usually never got 'unusual' cases. Just your everyday stab killing, shooting, or burglary. Each of the suspects found out within twenty-four hours of the investigation. Very few unusual cases came their way. 

   "Oh yeah," Seunghyun asked.

   "Yeah," the chief replied. "A woman escaped from the insane asylum a few days ago. The girl was a real wackjob. Claiming to be Satan's wife, wearing red all the time. When she escaped she committed a serious of murders. All of them we're junkies, drug dealers, you know; the low lives. Each time she left a note about how they we're going to hell to become her children or some like that. But it seems like last night she got what was coming to her. She was found in an ally behind one of those rinky-dink clubs. Apparently some guy her and mutilated her right there. I mean there was an arm here, a leg there, her torso over there, completely torn apart. And I guess now we gotta find that guy. Some crazy , huh?"

   Choi Seunhyun was completely frozen at what he had just heard. But then he smiled a knowing smile.

   She got what was coming to her. Such a shame, she was a pleasure to .

 

 

 

 

(A/N:lol, multiple personality TOP. COMMENT)