Fool

Fool

The bright sun shined through the small peek in the curtains. He turned in the bed and wrapped his arms around her small frame.

"Good morning Minrae~ Did you sleep well darling?" his lips pressed a kiss onto her cheek, she opened her eyes slowly and saw her boyfriend's warm smile.

"Ne...." she rubbed her eyes before sitting up.

"I'll go make us breakfast arasso? I'll call you when its done." Her boyfriend stood from the bed and walked out of their bedroom, flashing her a bright smile before leaving. She smiled back, even though it hurt to smile. Today....today was their anniversary. Yet he wasn't there to celebrate. Minrae wandered out of her bedroom and up the apartment stairs to the roof; the roof was her escape, she would sit there conteplating things, relaxing, crying, smiling at the view. She pulled out her favorite chair and covered herself with a blanket. Her eyes stared off into the cloudy Seoul sky. All of a sudden, her eyes began to water and redden. Her mind started to cloud with dark thoughts that she thought had left a long time ago. She quickly laid back in the chair and closed her eyes to help her relax.

Fool.....you fool....

Today marks 3 years....3 years that I am without you. I wonder, do you still remember me? Every kiss and every touch we shared? I wonder how you could throw that all away....I wonder how you could just cut me off so cooly. You consume my every thought and prayer. I wish for you and nothing else. My heart aches for you and my body yearns for your touch. I wonder how I let myself be so entranced by just one human being.

Hyungshik may be a good man. I can't deny how good of a person he is. I was so happy when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I thought that finally I have gotten rid of my sadness, and now I can be happy. Wrong. Terribly wrong.

That night, I heard your voice in my sleep. The same song you sang to me before I slept sounded throughout my head. I woke up abruptly and my heart was racing. Did you find out I was with another? Did you become jealous and decide to torture me again? I guess lonliness and sadness is just a friend I will have to get used to greeting isn't it?

Minrae got up and started wondering around the roof, tears unintentionally falling from her face.

Is the wish of happiness to much to ask for? I don't know what I did to deserve your rejection. But now that you've rejected me, cant you just leave me alone? Leave me be, if you've forgotten me so easily, why can't I forget you? I want to love again, but you are making it difficult to even breathe.

Please Minsoo, let me be happy.