chap.1~

Someday- We Will Meet Again | 언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 |

 

Time is too slow for those who wait

The calm swift breeze of the wind welcomed her with astonishing might as she began to open the window with uneasiness on her face. She faced down and dragged a chair and tried to write a story about her own life, her dreams, her past, her present and her supposedly-future.

She heaved a deep sigh and stumbled upon an empty drawer. She looked for the key but couldn’t find it. Most likely, that it was already lost, rusting, rotting or even disappeared for forever.

With her soft-spoken voice, pretty eyes and glamorous look, everyone never approached her. She locked herself deep inside her own house, a box-like structure she wanted to shred into pieces. She missed home and the room that never once been occupied by more than two people, it felt so wide and far away.

She looked down at the piece of paper, a sheet of paper empty of possible marks and letters.

“I wanted to go and dine with you…” Choi Jinri wrote down the words she never meant to write. It was of instincts to her as she remembered the bittersweet aftertaste of a wasted love, something she never affords to get back.

“I wanted to live with you here… to closely stay beside you, still in the same spot.”

1st Instance of HAPPINESS

She quietly remembers that day. His smile. His face. The moment. There were so many moments, empowering to move forward, but it appeared that she never wanted to know the meaning of ‘LIFE’.

 “Yah! Hurry up! We’re going to be late…” Song Victoria tried to make her way to the entrance of a simple church at the outskirts of a busy town. With Krystal and Luna, they went to their places and waited for the main characters.

“Eii… They are not yet here.” Whining and bored, Krystal tried to sit down on one of the chairs. The other two tried to stand up to see the busy parents, getting worked up about the bride and groom.

“Really… I never thought they would be together.” Smiling like a nosy brat, Luna smiled as she said those words. For her, it was totally impossible for them to be together. But, it seemed that destiny had played a vital role in the two of them. They’re relationship seemed like it was made by the heavens.

“Hey, Amber!” Victoria looked at her friend who was trying to clean out the folds on her white suit. “Still, with a boyish image, you could have worn a nice dress at times like this.”

“It doesn’t matter as long as I support the two of them.” Amber said, too proud of her words, she stumbled down on the ground as tried to sit on a chair.

“Easy there…” Krystal dragged her to sit beside her. “I couldn’t even believe this. They were rushing into things.”

“Yep.” The silly 89-er Oppa who likes chicken tried to in and casually sat down with the two girls, comfortably waiting. “Aish, I knew it. Taemin really has something with Jinri.”

“Of course,Jinki-oppa…they wouldn’t marry if…” Luna’s words were cut as they heard the groom going down the aisle as he positioned himself waiting for the soon-to-be princess, no, queen of his life. He looked at his watch and saw if ticking, but his heartbeats were louder than usual.

Taemin smoothed his bangs as his father slowly whispered to him, “Jinri looked really pretty. You’re mother called me; they’re already at the entrance.”

Thumping like crazy, his heart never quieted down until at the instant that Jinri walked down the aisle, the red carpet laid down with pretty roses. The tall young girl looked at her groom, with love and care. Taemin as well had Cupid’s arrows struck on his heart yet again.

It was like love at first sight, all over again. There were loud cheers, louder than their silent words to each other as they moved inch by inch together. The tall bride tripped as she stepped on the cloth of her long gown, but Taemin caught her right through his arms.

“Are you alright?” With that caring expression, Jinri regained her confidence and tried to straighten her back and continue to walk with him.

They vowed to be together, in sickness and in health, till death do they part.

Loud claps from the audience reverberated throughout the hall. The parents were at the brink of crying as well as Taemin’s hyungs, his bestfriend was also there. Everyone in his family seemed to be contented on the outcome.

Jinri’s parents looked at her, so proud and confident. They behaved well and greeted the other family with the same feelings as them.

At that moment, if only time would stop, Jinri would gladly want the hourglass to remain unmoved. The sand should have never continued on moving. If only she could make the time stop, that moment was the beginning of eternity.

2nd Instance of Happiness

“Jinri-yah! Let’s move by the seaside.” Taemin laughed as he said it with great embarrassment on his face. He felt like the world would crumble, if Jinri would say a desperating no.

“Seaside?” She looked surprised but she also felt that it was not a bad thing. That relaxation spot should be good with their heart and body. “Not, a bad idea.” With her trademark smile, Taemin was rest assured. They neared their place, a small condominium.

They started living life together as Taemin earnestly tried to earn money for the seaside house. He got thrilled on his own ideas that he had forgotten about sleep and got a little too workaholic.

Jinri, noticing that something is peculiar with her husband, tried to massage his back as much as he does to him before.

“Don’t you remember how we ended up with each other?” It was already six months but Jinri seemed to be the farthest to him.

“Yeah. Every moment, I had come to remember everything.”

“Get out! Get out of the way!” The cheeky little boy asked all of his fan girls to step out of his way. He slangs his bag on his shoulder and decided to head off to his classroom. A girl with a fine stature, books at hand and pieces of papers at the other, passed by him. She was the only person who didn’t look at his image or even looks and without thinking, he pulled the girl’s ponytail. The girl was taken aback and squawked in pain. She dropped her things that scattered on the floor. The formed sweat on her forehead came rushing more, as her eyebrows narrowed on the little boy.

They were only middle school students at that time. Afraid of getting too hooked up with love; they seemed to not even want to define or get to know the meaning of it.

The boy tried to release her hair which became messed up. There were drops of tears streaming down her face, as she slowly picked the papers up. Even if her bangs covered her looks, the boy seemed to know the hang of things. He helped the girl to carry her books and get half of the papers. He seemed to be apologetic, so the girl smirked a little and nodded.

The popular boy and the nerdy girl went on the staff room and delivered the papers. It was the movie review of the young girl, Choi Jinri. Everyone was impressed on her intellects but seemed to be anti-social. She didn’t want to mingle with anyone, but as they saw that she came with the popular boy Lee Taemin, her adviser tried to ask for a little help from him.

“What could await their future?”

“Would they slowly come together and defeat the odds?”