How Unexpected. Be Interesting.

I Thought it Was Perpetual

The clock ticked and ticked as always. “Do you need me to do anything for you, sir?”

“Nothing. No one ever succeeds, agent. It’s so depressing that none of them can see my beautiful mazes and puzzles when they aren’t even smart enough to get past the first stage.” He bowed in response, leaving me alone again.

What to do…? I don’t want to make the first stage any easier than it already is. It would just be pathetic to make it even simpler. God should make humans more intelligent by changing their brains. Or whoever makes humans; I’ll just call him God.

“Sir.” The agent came back.

“What?” I asked, rubbing my temples.

“There seem to be some more intellectual life forms currently on level one.” Sure there are. I rolled my eyes. The agent always says that and nothing happens. The world is just full of lower life forms; things that can’t compete with organisms like me. “Sir, maybe you should check on the system.”

“Why bother?” There is no point in watching the humans make the same mistakes over and over again; never learning.

“I really advise you to do so.” I sighed. Rather than checking on those things, I’ll thought about a new stage I could make, but then I realized that no one would ever get to my wonderful puzzle if they couldn’t get past stage one.

 

This is the world I have created. It’s full of stages; stages that test one’s analytical and physical strength. Humans and other creatures can end up here when they trigger certain events in life, like reaching immense depression or extreme happiness. Maybe even complete love. Of course, you’d think many people come here after meeting such an easy requirement, but I spare the really dumb ones without letting them fall here.

Usually, only humans fall here; into my world, but I have seen some other creatures too. They were obviously all lower than me in intelligence anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

I’m just wasting another day, doing nothing. I have no reason to create more stages, since no one will get to experience them. I have no reason to mess with the humans and make stage one harder for them, since they fight and argue amongst themselves and ruin any chances to succeed.

The first level is too easy. It has few obstacles and the goal is only to find the end of the stairs. The goal is always to get to the top of the stairs. It’s so simple, but no one ever gets there. They throw each other down and when they reach to the top, they find other ways to fall back down. They are too stupid.

 

“Sir, I highly suggest that you observe the activity on stage one.”

“Why are you so insistent?!” I got up, going over to my screens. Not much happening; as usual. Stupid agent. I created you, yet you are stupid like the humans? Ah. I giggled to myself. I must be like God then; only creating senseless organisms.

Hm? What is this creature? I saw a life form move across my screen quickly along with another.

“Player 54, pass.”

What…? Someone passed? Who?

“Player 54, pass. Move onto the next stage.”

What type of being is this? I saw the second screen flicker on. A light I’ve never seen appear before.

“Player 21, pass.”

Two creatures have passed?! I was doubly shocked until a smirk came across my face. This will start getting interesting for the first time.