Chapter 1

Make Your Own Decisions

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

WHOA.

WHOA.

WHY ARE YOU ALREADY AT CHAPTER ONE?!

Don’t try rushing this story! You gotta give it some time; let it come to me—I mean you. Yeah. You. Not me, but you.

Aha. No, you silly reader, I am not stalling. I am not procrastinating. I am simply… buying some time.

Hm? You say that’s the same exact thing as stalling and/or procrastinating? I’ll go ahead and look that up to see if you’re right—

Alright, alright! Geez! You aren’t the one writing the story, so calm down!

Damn readers trying to take over my story. Let’s see how they like it when I—

Oh, uh… hi. I didn’t know you were still here. Golly, this is awkward. Let’s just… start the story now. Although, technically, it already has started. I mean, we are in chapter one after all.

***

Minsoo, Daniel, and Jonghyun were all lounging around in some certain people’s dorm room on a certain day at a certain time where the weather was certainly certain.

(Go ahead, fill in the blanks. I dare you.

No? Okay then…)

They were all lounging around in DANIEL AND JONGHYUN’S dorm room on a MONDAY at NINE O’CLOCK IN THE EVENING. The weather was certainly CLOUDY. Waitno this isn’t Homestuck—

Minsoo and Daniel managed to squeeze themselves together on Daniel’s bed, while Jonghyun opted for his own bed.

“You guys are so gaaayyy,” he drawled, wrinkling his nose as if disgusted by the two.

Daniel scoffed and threw a pillow at Jonghyun, which hit him right on the head. “Excellent observation, Captain Obvious.” he then smiled innocently up at his boyfriend and kissed him right on the lips.

“GROSS!” Jonghyun shouted and threw the pillow back at the icky-gooey-lovey-dovey-somethingey couple. “Go have in Minsoo hyung’s room, not ours, Daniel.”

Minsoo and Daniel glanced at each other, then shrugged and got up from the bed. “As you wish, Jonghyun,” Daniel said.

“Wait… really? I-I was only kidding. Like, I have a test tomorrow and I’d really like to get some sleep—“

“Jesus, so were we. And it’s not our fault the walls are so thin,” Daniel huffed. He jumped onto Jonghyun’s bed and tackled the younger man to the floor, ignoring Jonghyun’s shouts and cries that “THIS IS UAL HARRASSMENT GET OFF OF ME!”

The oldest of the three, Minsoo, stood awkwardly by the door as he watched the two. It wasn’t that he didn’t find this random situation quite funny, because it was and he definitely did, but he thought they were going to have . Why did Daniel always have to be so confusing?

And why did the walls have to be so damn thin?

Shrugging, he opened the door and looked back at the two. “I’m just gonna go ,” he joked, causing the wrestling match to stop as the two looked at him, their mouths opening to make some sort of joke back, but Minsoo decided that wouldn’t happen. “Kidding, kidding. I’m actually going to go study with Chanhee. See you guys later.”

“Ugh, you’re such a party pooper. Bye, babe~!” Daniel exclaimed, jumping off of Jonghyun and running to give his boyfriend a long, deep kiss that only provoked Jonghyun further.

“RAAAAAGH!” he cried out, leaping onto Daniel’s back and pulling him down to the floor.

 Daniel screamed, his voice actually cracking, much to Jonghyun’s amusement. “I am going to murder you!” Daniel yelled and shook Jonghyun off of him. “And then I’m going to bring you back to life and kill you again, you little !”

***

Byunghun cleared his throat awkwardly as he led the new student down the hall. There was an even more awkward silence hanging in the air, considering the new student refused to answer any of Byunghun’s questions and instead snap back at him.

“So, uh… I bet you’re probably not used to living like this but—“

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“N-Nothing! It’s just… y’know, you’re all rich and stuff, and I doubt you ever really had to live on your own or anything and—“

“My father has gone on plenty of business trips, leaving me home alone with our maids.”

“Did you just say maids? As in the plural form of maid?”

“Yes. Is there a problem with that?”

“No, no, of course not! I-I’m just surprised is all.”

“Obviously. Considering you are living in the dorm with the lowest rent I would be surprised if you even have a smartphone.”

Byunghun’s face burned with a mixture of anger and embarrassment, and he decided he wouldn’t bother trying to talk with this kid anymore. He sped up to shorten the amount of time he’d have to spend with this annoying kid.

Really, whoever got stuck with him would definitely have Byunghun’s sympathy…

“’You walked past my room, .”

Pause.

Turn.

Blink.

Almost scream.

“I-I thought you were in room 19?” Byunghun said meekly. But no, the room they stood in front of was 27, which just so happened to be right next door to his dorm room.

“No, I’m in 27. How stupid are you?”

Don’t scream don’t scream in the name of all that is holy Byunghun don’t you dare scream

“Ah. Well… then I suppose we’ll be… erm, neighbors. Your roommates should be inside right now, so—“

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Wait, I should probably warn you—“

“Shut up.”

The kid opened the door and stepped inside.

I tried to warn you, kid…


A/N: 956 words/5149 characters. kill me now. /sobs/