I Loved...

Please Don't

 

I was sitting on the stairs as Juri, my best friend, was next to me. She was talking to me and playing with my face.

“You have really stretchy skin!”

“Ayy! Stop it!”

“Aw why?”

She continued to less with my cheek and face and hair. I slapped her hands away as I became more frustrated.

“Stop it!”

She squeezed my nose and I got pissed. She quickly ran away and I chased her. Suddenly, he came out from the other room and Juri hid behind _____________.

“Woah! Hey, what’s going on?”

“Save me!”

He wrapped an arm around her. I didn’t take notice of it as I blew away some anger and looked away from them then looked back. Juri laughed as she quickly hit my arm and went back behind him.

“Hey, don’t mess with ____________ so much. At least not without me.”

I laughed at ____________ then looked over at Juri and glared. She stuck her tongue out at me and I scoffed. I began to walk away and head upstairs to my room. I suddenly became aware of how close Juri and _____________ was. How long have they been that close? Well, we’ve been best friends for a long time, all three of us. It’s normal for us to be that close right? Probably. I finished doing my business in my room and went downstairs. I stopped midway though because I saw Juri and ____________ hugging. I stood there awkwardly as I scratched my head. What the hell? They were THAT close? Why am I so bothered by this? I looked over at them again, and then slowly walked back upstairs.

I sat down on the ground in my room. What is going on? Why am I so hurt?

A week passed by and I was getting some juice in the refrigerator. Suddenly, I heard Juri and ____________ call for me. I grabbed my cup and walked over to them. They were sitting next to each other on one couch. I sat on the other couch and looked at them.

“Yeah?”

“You’ll never guess what happened.”

You chuckled as you looked at them.

“Hit me with your best shot.”

Juri smiled as she looked at __________. She then lifted up her left hand and something sparkled. It was a ring, but not any ring, a wedding ring. I looked baffled as I looked over at them. ___________ smiled at me and showed his ring too.

“Yep, we’re getting married.”

You looked at them stunned then looked back down to the ground. You felt tears come to your eyes. Forcing yourself, you looked back up as she was resting her head on his shoulder, his arm around hers. I smiled as I stood up.

“That’s great, I’m going to get the wine to celebrate alright?”

They smiled and nodded as you started to walk out of the room.

Months passed, it was finally the day. You stood in the hallway greeting guests as they came in. You felt awkward in your fancy attire. You looked over at __________ smiling as he greeted the guests who were congratulating him. Then you heard footsteps coming down the stairs. You looked over to see Juri wearing her wedding dress. She smiled and waved at me, then walked up to me. I smiled back in reply.

“Well, how do I look?”

I smirked as I raised both my hands in thumbs up position. She smiled as she raised her hand showing off her ring again. I forced my smile as I gave her a thumbs up.

It was the wedding. I stood in the back as I watched them walk together to the front. They smiled as they held each other’s hands. I just frowned and had an upset face. When they finished their vows, they put the rings onto each other’s fingers and gave each other their sealed kiss. I was in the view where I could see Juri’s face as her eyes were closed. She was officially married to him. They looked over to me and the guests and I just smiled back. I didn’t know what else to do. My friends were getting married. My heart hurts so much though. I decided to go out for some fresh air. As I walked away, ____________ turned and looked at me. He smiled and I just looked back then walked away.

In the balcony I sighed as I looked out at the people who were talking and smiling with each other. Everyone seemed so happy. I started to think to myself. Why I felt this way. Maybe…maybe…I was in love with Juri. I loved Juri. That might be it. I looked down as I sighed. I couldn’t believe it.

“Hey!”

I jumped and looked over to see him next to me. He grabbed my wrist and smiled.

“Come on, let’s take a group photo of us three. Just like before.”

“Eyy, I don’t have to be there, it’s your wedding!”

“Come on! Juri wants this too!”

I chuckled as he dragged me with him. When we arrived at the room, Juri was standing on the stairs and smiled as she told me to come to her side. She wrapped an arm around mine and one around ____________ as she rested her head on his shoulder. I looked over at them feeling my heart hurt, then back at the camera as I smiled a little.

The photographer took three photos and smiled as he gave us each one. I took it and looked at it, then quickly placed it in my pocket.

“Well, you guys have fun at the party.”

____________ looked at me as he gave me confused look.

“You’re not coming?”

“Nah, I’m kind of tired. I’ll head home first.”

They said goodbye as you left the wedding place. You got in the car and started to drive off. Inside, you were feeling mixed emotions. Confused and hurt. Why did you have to fall in love with Juri? Why? I felt frustrated as I hit my hand on the steering wheel. I became so frustrated I began to cry. I felt so much pain I was screaming. Screaming. Why? WHY?!

I stopped the car on the side of the road. I was already in front of my house. I looked over next to me as I saw an illusion of Juri next to me. She was looking at me. I reached my hand over but then she vanished. I felt so hurt. So, so hurt. I took the photo out of my pocket. I stared at it as my tears fell. I finally knew. I knew my feelings. I took the photo of us, and ripped it in half. Juri wasn’t part of this now. I took the now ripped photo, and slid them together. Making it where only him and I were there, only us. I knew. I finally knew.

I loved him.