Dreaming High

Skyscraper

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

OneShot

 

 

 

 Kris was teased once...

 "How is the weather up there?" 

 That's what everyone, who was shorter than him, asked.

 Yep. He was tall, like, really tall.

 Then he'll answer, "It's nice." With his poker face on; or sometimes, he'll just nod.

 Despite of all those never ending questions regarding about his height, he doesn't seem to get irritated nor annoyed by it. He was used to it, but he'd seen better. Everyone thinks that the view he sees at his height might look nice and all, but the view of the skies and seeing the whole city of Seoul was a lot better; that's what Kris thought; for he had seen the whole city from high above. Under his foot was an enormous amount of tall buildings and people who looked like ants from that distance. He had traveled the whole world, not by plane nor ship, but merely...

 ...Flying.

 Kris can fly. But he kept it a secret for his whole life to everyone. Okay, maybe some of his friends knew, but no one in his life, ever, had known about it. Since he could fly, he had traveled from every inch of the planet... But there's one place he always will land... At a near skyscraper from Go Angel's condominium.

 Go Angel shares the same school as Kris. She was one perfect girl; she had looks of an angel, just like her name, good grades, athletic, and a not-so-perfect family but a perfect life. She was a queenka AND an ulzzang of the school. She was sometimes paired with Kris for he was the kingka of the school, too. 
 
 But now, she's taken... By her mysterious 'Night Prince'.

 

 


 "Wow, this is mindblowingly awesome! Kris-ssi's back."

 "What? He attented school today?"

 "Now that's what you call a miracle." 

 Kris wasn't the type to attend class, nor skip it. It was neutral. He only ditched it, in his opinion, that is. Hands on his pocket, he passed by the lot of students that kept on murmuring and gossiping about his return. Wow, a welcome celebration, great! Well, it happens all the time if Kris hadn't attended a week full of classes. "Gege! Where had you been?!" Tao popped out of a random classroom and clung unto his gege. "You were gone for a long time..." He pouted.

 "Sight seeing?" Xiumin appeared from behind Kris.

 "Stalking?" Lu Han, too, appeared out of no where and grinned.

 "You ert!" Tao mocked.

 "...Flying?" Lay asked.

 Kris slapped his arm, "Don't say that in public!" He leaned near Lay and whispered. "You're screwed. You pissed a lot of teachers because you hadn't attended any of their classes." Xiumin said whilst Chen nodded. Kris just shrugged it off. He didn't care about his grades, he does fine, anyway. Well, except for History, but, even though he seldom attends school, he still passes every quiz. All he cares about is seeing -

 "Ah! She's here!" Lu Han pointed out which resulted Kris to turn around with his eyes sparkling. A crowd of girls were giggling and chuckling, surrounding the one and only one in Kris' head and sight right now - Go Angel. *She looked even prettier today...* A smile twitched from Kris' lips. Angel's sight shifted to Kris, "Yah! Kris! Anneyeong~" She grinned oh so prettily and approached him, which made him jump a little while the boys moved out of his side, "Good luck~" Everyone cooed. 

 *What the heck?! Why are you leaving me?!* Kris' left foot was taken aback. But he can’t turn back now, not once, nor never. He gulped as he felt Angel’s presence by his side and took a deep breath. *Just act cool, dammit.* “Kris?” Angel tilted her head, “Y-Yes?” Kris stuttered. Damn, if only he’d be able to slap himself right here, right now. “Why had you been absent all this time?” She asked. “Well, uh… That is…” He scratched the back of his head and thought of a reasonable excuse to say. Sadly, he can’t, ‘cause his mind was going blank and crazy. So he said the first thing in mind, “…I visited my family in Canada.” He mentally face-palmed himself. *Wu Yi Fan, keep your composure.* “Oh…” Angel nodded, “I see.”

 “Angel! We’re going.” Her friends who neared the two said, “Ah! Yes…” Angel nodded and turned her haid to Kris, “See ya.” She spoke in fluent English and walked away some place with her friends. Yes, Angel spoke fluent English. Why is that possible? She once lived in the States and lived her whole childhood life in there; she learned none other than Korean, but English, too. And that was the reason, too, why her name was English. And since Kris knew English, too, they were able to talk to each other completely clear and understandable. Once they started a conversation in English, everyone would land their eyes on them and give them a confused look, or get a nose bleed or something; excluding those who knew English.

 “Yeah…” Kris responded in English.

 

 

 Kris was on the top of that same skyscraper, again. He felt so high and mighty on top of that skyscraper, seeing the people as low-life ants. He felt the afternoon breeze thrill all his fine hair, it wasn’t a new feeling for him. It was worse at night, that is. He searched the lot of people walking at the busy street. Since Kris had keen eyesight, he spotted his one and only ‘Angel’ so rabidly. With his arms crossed, he leaned against the big tip of the building and watched her features from afar.

 “Angel? Something wrong?” Her best friend, Hyorin, asked. “Hm… Nothing.” She shook her head. “Uhm… Do you get the feeling that you’re being watched?” She batted her eyes at Hyorin. “Eh? Why is that?” Hyorin asked. “Mm…” Angel puffed her cheeks and thought about it. She then let her eyes observe the whole place as she walked with her best friend to her home. She randomly looked at that skyscraper near her home and blinked at; gripping at the straps of her back pack. “…Ah.” She paused walking and kept on gazing at the building.

 *Yah!* Kris’ eyes rounded and he stood up straightly. *We met eyes…* Kris felt his cheeks burn up and hid it under his hand, even though no one could actually see them. “Angel!” Hyorin woke up her senses and shook the dazed Angel who was completely stunned, rooted on her spot. “Yah! W-What?” She blinked a few times, “We have to go!”

 “Ah… Okay.” She looked at the structure once more and started walking away.*Does he watch even at broad daylight?*

 *Did… Did she notice…?*

 

 

 “Ha! Going out?” Xiumin caught Kris who was heading out towards the door. “Isn't it obvious?” Tao smirked, “He’s gonna stalk his beloved again.” “I ain’t stalking anyone.” Kris faced them with an unimpressed face. True to Tao’s words, he might have sounded like a stalker of some sort, but he was not. “What happens if she saw you?” Chen blinked at him. After a long while, all of EXO-M’s eyes were piercing at Kris. They waited for an answer. They needed his answer. Kris avoided their stares, instead, he thought about the consequences. If Angel would find out about Kris ‘observing’ her every night, and about his powers, he’s sure that he’s screwed. For sure, she’ll totally get shocked. But Kris’ problem is… What happens if she would find out, then say it to everyone else?

 Angel might not sound like that kind of person. But, who knows, right? There will always be a time that a certain secret would get spilled out by any person. What would happen if he would think of it as a ‘weird’ thing and will start on hating him? Avoiding him? And another thing, others might find out about the other’s powers, too… Then, end of friendship. Well, maybe not, but, they would still be teased like – “Superman.” Or something… More ever, what if she wouldn’t accept the real person in him?

 As much as it hurts, Kris must keep it a secret until there comes a time that he really has to reveal everything - even the ‘stalking’ part. “I’ll… Do something about it.” Kris nodded and twisted open the door, “Like what?” Lu Han asked, “I told you, something.” Kris shut the door and dashed off somewhere.

 

 

 “Ha…” Angel sighed as she stared out into space through her terrace. She placed her elbows on the railing and put her hand on her puffed cheeks, “I wonder where he is…” She pouted as she long waited for her ‘Night Prince’. Since the day, or should I say night, she knew about her ‘stalker’, she started rejecting her friend’s offer to invite her to the mall or some place else and straightly go home and waited for her supposed ‘Prince’.

 Angel knew he was, and will always be there; she once saw his silhouette standing in front of the tall building that was just right beside her condominium. Well, she wasn’t sure if it was real or just her imagination or whatnot, but she felt his presence. His very existence catching her eyes. It felt so real; but yet so unbelievable. How could a person reach that building’s height?! Or what kind of person could be standing there ‘till the time she sleeps? It felt weird for Angel, but she believed it. *I wonder who he is… I wish it was him.* Angel spotted a shooting star from the sky at the corner of her eye. She grasped her hands and shut her eyes tightly. *I… I wish it was him. I feel it, I know it. I wish that it was none other than him.* Angel was too busy wishing that she didn’t feel the gushing wind that passed by her.

 “You wishing for something?” A pair of big, wide hands covered her yearning eyes.

 “Ah…” She opened her eyes that were shut a minute ago and saw in front of her was all pitch-black.

 Angel held his hand and tried to remove it. “Uh-uh-uh~” He cooed. *I know this voice…* “Uhm… Who are you?” Curious little Angel asked, but all she got for response was total silence. *Guess he wouldn’t want to say it.* A sigh escaped from Angel’s lips. Her ‘stalker’, okay, let’s just call it ‘prince’, to not sound so rude, heard her sigh. “It’s okay… You’ll know when the time is right.” He assured. “Mmm…” She nodded and held both his hands, “Would you… Keep on looking at me through that distance?”

 “…Yeah.”

 Angel smiled, “Thanks. Someday, I would like to meet you, in person…”

 “Why not?” He grinned. Angel felt his hands being removed from her eyes.

 “Ah…!” She felt the wind pass by her, the time she opened her eyes, no one was in sight. She smiled, “See you again…” She wasted one’s words.

 

 

 Another round of the night fell on the city of Seoul.

 And that means… Another round of observing.

 As usual, Angel was waiting on her balcony, day dreaming. Or night dreaming… She felt that gush of wind once again and felt those same hands covered up her sight. “You’re here again…” She smiled and touched his hands, “Yep.” Angel felt the butterflies on her stomach fly around. Her mood lit up since he was here, now even closer. “Close your eyes.” He ordered and held her waist, “Wait! Wah…” “Hold on. Keep them closed.” He ordered and lifted both their bodies up high in the air. “Yah!!!” Angel noticed this and suddenly gripped on his shirt for safety. “It’s okay, you won’t fall… Rest assured.”

 Angel trusted his every word and tried to keep calm, but sadly, she can’t. Who wouldn’t panic if they were in this kind of situation?! She felt the wind go past by her and her ‘Night Prince’. “W-What the… Where am I-I…?!” Angel couldn’t hide it no more. She tightened her grip on him and felt her whole body tense up. She can’t believe that the person who had always watched her from afar could fly. No wonder why he was able to reach the top of that tall skyscraper. But the question still remains running through her line of thought… “Who is he?”

“Do you… Hate me?” He dodged her question.

 “…What?”

 “Now you know that I can… You know.” He frowned.

 Angel remained silent.

 “Do you accept the real me?”

 “O-Of course I do!” She protested, “I… I wouldn’t care whether you fly or… Or you have supernatural powers or something! You’re still a person. That person who had always watched my every move… And I… Love you for that.” Angel continued. *Ah… She didn’t find it weird. She totally accepted it.* That’s what Kris liked about Angel – No matter who you are or what you are, you are definitely accepted on her list. “Any who, why are you watching me from this kind of distance? You could talk it to me straight… And it feels like you’re being like a – “

 “ert?” He smirked, “I get that a lot.”

 Angel chuckled, “So…?”

 “I’ve always dreamt high… So high that I couldn’t reach it. My dreams are unable to be reached on top of that skyscraper, and that dream was you. I’ve always watched you from that distance. Followed your every move…”

 “But why?”

 “Because they told me to follow my dreams…” He smiled genuinely. Angel felt so touched.

 “And the scene from here is kinda nice.”

 “You know, it would be better if you see the view down here… In front of me. I wouldn’t mind if you talk to me from face-to-face…”

“…And I wouldn’t hate you, as long as you show me who you really are…” She said. “Fine then,” He nodded, “Open your eyes.” At last, the long awaited moment for Angel has finally arrived. She slowly opened her eyes to the truth. She turned her neck around and saw her ‘Prince’ which was none other than…

…Kris.

 “Aiya! K-Kris?! What are you – “ To Angel’s surprise, she fell from Kris’ grip. “Ahh!!!” She kept on falling, and falling… for her doom. She closed her eyes. *Please, please, please don’t kill me.* Luckily, Kris was able to save her from falling to meet her death. Angel breath heavily after being rescued, “You okay? I told you to hold on.” Kris shook his head, displeased. “I-I just… Well, you know what happens if you get shocked for finding out that you, well, I can’t really explain it but – “ Angel kept on blabbering. Kris grinned and moved his head from side to side, “Everyone’s looking at us, you know?” True to Kris’ words, everyone was looking at them. Murmurs and whispers started going throughout the place. Is this some kind of show or a trick or something? That’s what everyone asked.

 *So my wish did come true, didn’t it…?* Angel searched for Kris’ eyes, and he did the same.

 “Shocked?” He smiled.

 “No, I… Uh…” She blushed, “I just didn’t expect that it would be you… Well, you know. Anyways, how did you have these kind of powers?! How can you – “

 Shut up.” He commanded in English. 

 Kris sealed Angel’s lips with a kiss.