Calculus

Answers

Kris was flipping to the next page of his book when he hears Tao let out a frustrated sigh followed by the sound of eraser squeaking. Peeking above his book, Kris blanches at the amount of eraser shaving pile on the table increasing with each scrape.

In the next second, Kris feels eyes on him coming from his companion. He finds himself rereading the same sentence over and over again in an attempt to ignore the other. Looking up, he raises an eyebrow at the sight of Tao sitting there staring straight at him.

"What?"

“I got it! As the limit of x goes to 0 the sin of x divided by x equals 1!"

With head bowed down at the worksheet, blank lines were quickly filled in as Tao sped through the problems. Kris could only blink at the other's sudden outburst of what he thinks was in a totally different language if it wasn’t for the Calculus textbook on the table.

Seeing as he won't be able to get Tao’s attention after the abrupt display, Kris looks down at his own textbook with a sigh as he realizes he has lost his spot. He had barely finished the page when the sound of graphite lead marking on paper ceased and the familiar invisible weight returned to his face.

Lifting his head up, Kris was welcomed by the sight of the other tapping his pencil on his cheek while gazing at him.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Oh right! I gotta take the second derivative to determine the curve of this graph!" Tao shouted as he fervently began scribbling down nonsense.

Before Tao could write another variable, the paper in front of him was swiped away.

"Kris, give me back my paper!"

The younger boy reached across the table in attempt to get the paper but Kris held raised it higher above his head as he leaned further away from the grabbing hands.

"I will, after you answer my question. Why do you keep staring at me?” He repeats sternly. Seeing the younger slumping back in his seat, he couldn't help but smirk at seeing the dejected look on Tao’s face.

Pulling at the hem of his shirt, Tao slowly looks up at the other in the eye, "It's because whenever I look at you, I can’t help but find myself get attracted to you."

.
.

Eyes widened as jaw dropped, Kris sat their frozen at hearing the other’s reply. He didn't notice the hand that shot out, pulling the piece of paper out of his grasp until he hears the other yelp in victory, breaking him out of his trance.

"Just kidding, Kris.” Tao mentions calmly as he continues writing. “It's just that whenever I look at your face, the answer comes to me."

With a loud slam of a book and chair legs sliding back against the floor, Tao looks up in surprise to see a glimpse of a faint tint of pink on Kris’ cheeks before he stormed out of the coffee shop.

"No! Come back! I need help on the last problem!"

--------


A/N: This has happened in real life. Apparently my face contained answers for my friend whenever she took a look at me during class. xD