Home Alone

Home Alone

 

Outside the weather got colder. The days got shorter and the nights were longer. You were curled up in a nice blanket as you sat by the window in your room, watching the first snowflakes fall from the sky. It was pretty late, around 11pm when you started to get tired. You stood up and stretched, then walked over to your bed on the other side of your room. You jumped under your covers and pulled your blanket up to your chin, snuggling further into your bed.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

You were just about to drift off to a deep sleep when you heard your phone beeping. Your eyes shot open and in irritation you rolled to see who was texting you this late at night, even though you had a feeling you knew who it was. You opened the message and your heart skipped a beat seeing who it was from. It was L.Joe.

(bold=L.Joe; Italics= you)

Hey ^_^ are you up?

Yes I am up.

Did I wake you?

No I was already up.

Oh okay… I’m sorry for texting you this late… I can’t sleep.

Aigoo~ Wae?

I just go a lot of things on my mind right now.

Omo like what?

‘You.’ Ljoe thought to himself as he read your message.

Um… Just a bunch of things that’s all.

You okay?

Yeah I’m fine why?

Because I know you, whenever you text me out of the blue like this something is bothering you.

Ani it’s okay nothing is wrong… I promise.

You want to come over?

Its late and I don’t want to keep you up.

OPPA YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND AND I KNOW THAT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SLEEP UNLESS YOU TALK ABOUT IT.

Fine… I’m coming over right now.

You shook your head then got up from your bed and went downstairs. Then you grabbed out a bunch of pillows and blankets for you and L.Joe. Your parents weren’t home because they were on a business trip, in fact you were lucky if they came home twice a year so you basically lived on your own. It would make you sad sometimes knowing that you would come home after school to an empty house, but you were never lonely. This was because of your best friend L.Joe was always keeping you company. Both your parents and his started their own companies in the hotel industry, but as time went by their companies got really popular, which resulted in trips around the world. You were best friend with L.Joe for years, and because both of your parents would be gone most of the year you kept each other company.

One thing you did not expect though was to fall in love with him. At first when you were younger you only saw him like he was your brother, he would always take care of you and protect you. Even in school he would make sure no other boys, or girls, would harm you. But the more time you spent together, the more you saw his different sides and no matter how much of a jerk he could be sometimes, and make fun of you, you realized you loved everything about him. Just hearing his name in a conversation would make your heart skip a beat, but to him, you thought, you were just his best friend and nothing more.

 

L.Joe was walking over to your house, since you didn’t live that far away from him. He bit his bottom lip as he thought about what he should tell you was wrong with him, ‘I have to tell her something… I can’t tell her the truth… What if she doesn’t like me the way I like her?’

As he continued walking he watched the snowflakes fall from the sky, he smiled slightly and tried to cover the present he had got for you so no snowflakes would touch it. It was almost Christmas and the both of you had learned that neither of your parents was going to be home, so once again you both had agreed to spend it together. L.Joe had gotten overly anxious and decided to bring it over.

 

You brought out the blankets and pillows and set them up in your living room. You set up your sleeping spot, which was on the couch, and also L.Joe’s normal sleeping spot, which was right below the couch. After that you decided to make some hot chocolate because you knew he was walking over and it was probably freezing outside. Just as you finished pouring the hot chocolate into two different cups the doorbell rang. You smiled and head over to the door.

“Oppa~” you smiled and quickly pulled him inside because all the cold air was coming inside.

He laughed as you pulled him in, “so I figured-”

“Come I made hot chocolate!” you interrupted him as you walked into the kitchen.

He chuckled and followed you into the kitchen. The two of you grabbed your cups and then walked over to the window to watch the snow fall.

“Mianhae what were you going to say?”

“Um… I was just going to say that I know that it is kind of early for this but…” he pulled out the present from inside his jacket, “here is your Christmas gift~” he smiled proudly as you took it from him.

“Omo! Oppa~ you didn’t have to bring it so early! I didn’t wrap your gift!”

“Aniyo~ Its okay just open it please~”

You did as he asked and opened the present, your eyes widened when you saw what it was. It was a penguin knit hat that matched the penguin doll he got you last year, the penguin doll that you slept with every night. You grabbed it out and tried it on, you smiled at him and hugged him.

“Gomawo oppa!”

He smiled, “there’s more.”

You looked back in the box and saw a little photo album. You tilted your head in confusion then opened it. Inside it was filled with pictures of you and L.Joe together, the first page was a picture of the two of you as little kids on the playground he was giving you a piggy back ride because you had fallen and scrapped your knee, it hurt so much you didn’t want to walk. The next pages were pictures of the two of you together as you got older, special moments the two of you shared with each other. Then the last page made your heart skip a beat as you read the note:

______-shi,

You have always been in my life and were always there for me. You were my first love and my only love. I promise to continue to protect you, and care for you.

Will you be my girlfriend?

You looked up at him with those big deer eyes and bit your bottom lip. A smile started to spread across your face as you nodded, yes to his question. He smiled and looked down trying to hide the fact that he was blushing like crazy. You hugged him, and he wrapped his arms around you. He pulled away from you slightly, and you pouted when you felt his grip around you loosen.

He looked at you and nodded towards the window, “how about we go play in that snow?”

You looked out the window and saw that the ground was completely covered in snow now, and then you nodded.