Shinhwa Drabbles

Shinhwa Drabbles

 

Shinhwa Drabbles

 

Mr. Special Stupid

 

“Pil Kyo, I need to tell you something important. Is it okay if we talk outside?” Minwoo said in a serious tone while looking gravely at Hyesung.

 

Shinhwa and their staffs were all gathered together at Minwoo's bar having a good time after another crazy Shinhwa Broadcast filming. While looking at the rowdy group getting drunk and having fun Minwoo suddenly realized something which he decided will be best to be discussed with the group's main vocal.

 

Hyesung was puzzled but, looking at Minwoo's grim face, nodded in agreement as it must really be something important.

 

“Yah! Minbong! Are you trying to take my Hyesungie away from me?” Eric slurred while trying to hug Hyesung and prevent him from leaving his side.

 

“Don't touch me Mun Jung Hyuk.” Hyesung said in a cold voice and pushed the other away.

 

“Come on, let's get out Minwoo.” He said standing up.

 

“Andy-yah, hug me. My Hyesungie just rejected me harshly. It hurts.” Eric started to shed crocodile tears to Andy who just patted the older's back in sympathy.

 

Outside the bar, Minwoo and Hyesung stood looking at the people passing by.

 

“uhm...What is it that you want to talk about?” Hyesung started awkwardly.

 

“Kyo, I noticed how you and Eric would always act like a married couple these past few weeks. It's like you two can't be separated from each other. And, it's just not me who can see it but the other members, the staff and the fans as well. Have you seen the forums and comments of fans?!” Minwoo said looking at Hyesung somberly.

 

Hyesung's heart started to beat wildly. He found Minwoo's tone to be accusing. Will he ask me to keep my distance from Eric? That can't happen. Please.

 

“Please hear my request then Pil kyo-ah..” he paused for a more dramatic effect.

 

“Let's bring back MinSyung!!!” he finally said out loud feeling so happy with his brilliant idea.

 

Hyesung just stared at the other unbelievingly and finally kicked him hard as a response and left him thereafter.

 

“Ahhh waeeee?!?! That hurts...A lot of our fans are requesting for MinSyung. We are the original couple Sungie you can't deny that!!!” he shouted at the other's retreating back.

 

“Don't worry Shinhwa Changjo I'll do my best to seduce Sungie.” He said determinedly.

 

 

 

 

 

From Another Person's Eyes

 

Today is my first day as an assistant stylist for the Shinhwa company. My sunbae from college who works for the company recommended me for the job. I am nervous as this is the first time I'd be meeting the Shinhwa members in person. My sunbae assured me that I will have fun. The look of confidence on her face did not mirror mine though because I feel nervous as hell.

 

The staffs including me are at a waiting room in one of the major T.V. stations in the country. Today, Shinhwa will appear as guests on a talk show so we need to get them ready. I am excited although I was tasked to mainly observed and do some menial chores for the other staffs.

 

After a short while, I heard a commotion from outside the hall. It's as if someone is being chased. I looked around nervously but everyone seems oblivious to the ruckus. The door to the room opens and in comes Head manager Lee talking to the show's PD. The other managers started to come in as well as the other staffs so I braced myself.

 

“Hyung, I'm really sorry. Minwoo hyung and Junjin forced me to do it. I didn't mean to. Seriously. You know I'll never do that to her under normal circumstances.”a flushed Andy Lee bursts into the room. It is obvious from the way he is trying to catch his breath that he was the one being chased a while ago. Tailing him is an equally flushed, but more from rage, Shin Hyesung.

 

“Aish Andy-yah! I thought we are partners?! How can you do that to her?! She is now covered with trash!” Hyesung fumes while pacing back and forth the room as if by doing so he can suppress his anger.

 

They threw trash at someone?! Is that someone Hyesung oppa's girlfriend. Hul, daebak scandal.

 

Minwoo and Junjin oppa enters the room both wearing a conspiratorial grin. They went to Hyesung oppa and hugs him, while the latter tries to punch and kick them. Meanwhile, Andy oppa is quietly going to the make-up artist. I find him trying to be sneaky cute.

 

“Hyung we didn't mean it. We just wanted her to look pretty for your date later.” Junjin oppa said obviously trying to get out of trouble by sweet talking his Hyesung hyung.

 

It is confirmed. Hyesung oppa is dating and Minwoo, Junjin and Andy oppa threw trash at her.

 

“Hyesungie what happened to your car? You can't fetch me later with your car looking like that. No no no! I won't go on a date with you anymore.” a loud voice suddenly interrupts. At the door is Eric oppa with Dongwan oppa who is grinning widely.

 

“It's not a date! If you don't want to come with me then don't!!argh!!” Hyesung oppa then throws his shoes at the stunned Eric oppa.

 

“boooo” the trio, comprised of Minwoo, Junjin, and Dongwan oppa, circles and taunts Eric oppa who is still in shock by the harsh rejection.

 

“But, I was just joking” he whines.

 

(…)

 

For the rest of the day there were lots of chaos, swearing and of course laughter. Junjin and Minwoo oppa were forced to clean out all the decorations on Hyesung oppa's girlfriend Audi. Andy oppa was forgiven easily by his Hyesung hyung after he gave him his favorite snacks and a neck massage. Dongwan oppa just kept smiling all day. Eric oppa on the other hand kept giving Hyesung oppa his best puppy-eyed look but was ignored completely.

 

And, that was how my first day as an assistant sylist for Shinhwa went.

 

Zomdy

 

“Hyesung hyung~” Hyesung froze when he heard the sweet voice of their maknae.

 

This can't be good. I better leave now while I still can.

 

“O Taehak, do we have to go now? Okay!” he shouted to his puzzled manager.

 

“Go where hyung?”

 

Hyesung jabbed Taehak in the stomach as a response and hurried for the door without looking back at the owner of the sweet voice.

 

Member-deul, I'm sorry but in this battle, one must save his own life first while he still can.

 

Junjin and Eric who can easily sense when something is amiss looked over at doe-eyed Andy's longing look at the retreating back of their little prince and immediately put two and two together. Their maknae wants something and they know whatever that is, it won't be good for whoever will fulfill his request.

 

“Eric hyung give it back! That is mine.”Junjin shouted at the startled Eric while trying to grab an invisible object from the latter's hand.

 

Eric was surprised at first but immediately got into the act.

 

“Mehrong, This is mine now.” Eric clutched the invisible object close to him so that their maknae won't notice they were just putting up a mock fight and then started running for the door with Junjin hot on his heels.

 

The ruckus alarmed Minwoo who was lying on the couch. At first he was puzzled by the idiotic display but one look at their maknae, realization dawned to him immediately. He knows that if he gets out of the room it will be obvious he is escaping so he just settled to feign sleeping on the couch.

 

“Minwoo hyung~” The youngest started to poke Minwoo in his ticklish areas.

 

Aish~ I must hold it in. I can do this.

 

Even with sweat rapidly forming in his face, he persevered and snored even more loudly.

 

Andy finally stopped his assault on Minwoo and looked over at his unknowing, innocent Dongwan hyung who was busy reading a book over the make-up station.

 

“Wannie hyung, can I ask a favor?” Andy said sweetly at the startled vocalist.

 

Dongwan looked at Andy and he felt chills on his spine.

 

Where are the others?

 

He looked around but saved for the staff who were busy prepping things (or pretending to be prepping things?) and Minwoo who is snoring loudly on the couch, the room was almost barren.

 

.

 

“O Andy, What is it?” a strained smile appeared on his lips.

 

“Well hyung, Kyuhyun recommended me some video games and I want to try them out but I have no one to play with. So would you like to play with me?” Andy said giving him his sweetest smile.

 

Why ask when you won't even take no for an anwer. Aish~

 

“Sure Andy, I would love to.” Dongwan said still smiling.

 

An hour later...

 

“DIE!!!Die!!!Die Dongwan!!!” Andy shouted at the screen too engrossed with playing to care that his loud voice is now scaring his opponent.

 

Why me????

 

“Hyung another round!!!”

 


 

Handsome Taehak

 

“Hyung, look at these pictures. You look really handsome in them.”

 

His curiosity spiked after hearing Boguen talking to Taehak.

 

With the stealth of an awkward ninja, he took a careful peek at the pictures Boguen is showing Taehak.

 

They were fantaken photos of him at an airport and although he is the main subject, Taehak has somehow stolen the spotlight on some of them.

 

Instead of being angry he was filled with both pride and shame. Pride for having a handsome and good friend as his manager. And, shame for having his chubby cheeks on display.

 

He has long accepted that he can't be as muscular or as manly as s but it still irked him somehow when he gets reminded of that. Now, he is more worried than ever because not only will he be compared to his cool members but also to his handsome manager.

 

He needs to do something.

 

(...)

 

“Yosh! Another busy day almost over! Let's go out to eat guys. Dongwannie's treat” Minwoo announced to the Shinhwa members and staff preparing to leave. Dongwan whined but did not offer any other form of resistance.

 

Everyone chimed in their agreement save for one. Hyesung looked forlornly at Minwoo.

 

“I can't come with you guys. I'm tired so I'll just rest.” he said, shoulders slumping.

 

“Ah okay then, let me carry your bag for you hyung.” Taehak, although wanting to go with the group, decided to carry on with his job and tried to take Hyesung's bag.

 

“No, you go with them Taehak. I want some time alone.”

 

Taehak was apprehensive at first as Hyesung looks a bit irritated but obeyed in the end as the other seems firm with his word.

 

And with that, Hyesung walked out off the practice room.

 

Minwoo is used to Hyesung's mood changes however he can feel that something is odd about this one so he went to their leader.

 

“Jung hyuk-ah, I think something is wrong with Kyo.”

 

“You think I didn't notice. He had been like that since after lunch that's why I won't be joining you guys too.”

 

Eric said goodbye to the others and reasoned out that he has somewhere important to go to which he knows is not a lie. Taking care of Hyesung is important to him.

 

Eric didn't bother to inform Hyesung that he was coming to his apartment. He knows the code to his door so he let himself in. After entering, he immediately noticed the eerie silence permeating the room. He felt scared because a ghost might appear instead of Hyesung or a burglar must've gotten in the apartment and did something horrible to its owner.

 

As Eric's imagination spiraled out of control, a figure suddenly appeared from the dark.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!”Eric shrieked, not caring if the whole building hears his girlish scream.

He knows he is going to die and so he wants everybody to know that as well. Then when he felt a hard slap on the head he prepared himself for a flashback of his life, which people assured him he will see before he dies.

 

“Yah! Stop screaming! Are you crazy?! The whole Seoul can hear you.”

 

Eric hears the familiar scolding and just then did he have the courage to look closely at the figure, something that he should've done first before screaming his lungs off he noted to himself.

 

“My Hyesungie, is that you? Why are you lurking in the dark?” Eric hurriedly composed himself and acted like he didn't just scream like a girl.

 

“Why are you here Eric? You should go home now. I'm not in the mood for any conversation.” Hyesung said dismissively trying to evade the question. But, Eric is not the type of person to give up easily so he decided to prod the sensitive guy a bit more.

 

“Hyesungie, I know there is something you're not telling me so c'mon 'fess up.”

 

Hyesung remained stubbornly silent.

 

“Ah! I got it” a light bulb glowed in Eric's mind.

 

Hyesung looked at him curiously.

 

“My Hyesungie you don't have to be shy.”

 

“What the hell are you saying?” the bewildered sensitive guy asked.

 

“If you are afraid to confess your love for me, then don't be because I love you too. I know the path that we will take is a hard one but don't despair because I will always be here for you.” Eric announced dramatically and hugged Hyesung.

 

“I just want to lose weight dammit not confess my feelings for you!” Hyesung finally said, getting tired with Eric's antics.

 

“I saw a lot of pictures of me recently sporting a chubby face and I don't like it. Taehak even outshone me in some of those stupid pictures! Starting today, I've decided to lose weight and tomorrow I will go to the gym to exercise my fats away. I'm tired of getting teased, especially by you, so I'm losing all these fats. I'll show that cooool Taehak” he whined

 

“You didn't deny that you love me too. You just said that you won't be confessing it tonight. So some other time then?” Eric blabbered happily.

 

Hyesung sighed. Take it from Eric to only hear the things that are important to him. He was about to get up so that he can head to his bedroom and rest when Eric grabbed his hand.

 

“Pil Kyo, you don't have to lose weight. You are already cool and handsome just the way you are. We tease you not because you have meat on your bones but because you are so cute when you get angry. Those pouty lips and huffed cheeks that I just want to kiss...ehrm sorry I got sidetracked for a bit. As I was saying, we love you Jung Pil Kyo chubby cheeks or not, so you have to accept and love yourself as well. It doesn't matter what your weight is, what matters most is that you are happy, healthy and comfortable with your body. I don't think you'd prefer to be a starving, old idol, right? The Shinhwa members, your fans, we will always be here for you.”

 

Eric ended his speech by hugging Hyesung which the other surprisingly accepted.

 

“Thank you Jung Hyuk. You saved me on this one. I was already despairing on how I won't be able to eat all my favorite foods and the horror that I would face in the Gym. Our dance practice is enough exercise for me.”

 

Hyesung smiled contentedly.

 

“Okay! Now give me a kiss” Eric presented his cheeks to the other jokingly.

 

Hyesung kissed Eric on the lips before standing up and hurrying to his room leaving a dumbfounded mikkulaji.

 

“Hyesungie, one more!!!”