Drunken confession

Drunken confession

Winter had arrived and the pool parties had been long forgotten, but Yoochun didn’t care that everyone was now enjoying another party inside the house as he walked along the pool’s edge.

 

It had been a good semester at the university; he got good grades and met new people. But he still couldn’t enjoy his vacations when there was something he still longed for.

 

This was a time to make a decision too, since he could go to Japan where his friend could help him improve his abilities or stay here and spend time with her.

 

That beautiful and talented girl that played the piano better than him, that despite her calm attitude could dye her hair purple from one day to another.

 

That girl that attracted Yoochun from the very first moment he saw her, because even when she didn’t look and act like a model, like the girls he had dated before, she had something special in those big and bright eyes, in that skinny body and the smile that always accompanied her clumsy acts.

 

And Yoochun got even more attracted by her talent.

 

Because the first thing he admitted he liked about her was her piano skills, and even though he was aiming to be a composer, he wasn’t nearly as good as her.

 

And that is how their friendship started.

 

He got to know more and more about her, discovering the amazing girl she was, discovering how his first impression of her was totally right, and wondering if that friendship could turn into something more.

 

But he seemed to have forgotten about the rest of the world. Those other girls that were attracted to him, that followed him and tried to take him away from his special girl. And of course those other guys that also noticed how wonderful she was and got close to her.

 

And there were times when he felt they were so apart, like now.

 

Because she was inside smiling happily as one of her male friends was talking to her really close to her face. Too close for Yoochun’s liking, of course it could be because of the loud music that he needed to be like that, but Yoochun didn’t like it anyways.

 

So, at the end he decided to grab another bottle of liquor he found on the table and walked to the backyard were the pool was. He was already tipsy and with the new amount of alcohol in his system he could admit he was drunk.

 

And it was at that moment that his lovely friend decided to go outside too.

 

She had been looking for him for a while, without realizing he was looking at her from his former position, but as she got closer to the back door she saw a shadow walking near the pool and immediately knew it was Yoochun.

 

She had seen his back and his shadow enough times to know it was him since he always loved to practice the piano in the early morning and during the night in the music room of the university.

 

And as she got closer to him, she saw him sitting at the edge of the pool looking down at his reflection with a bottle in his hand.

 

She shook her head in disagreement, she knew Yoochun was a good drinker but because of this he tended to drink more than he needed.

 

And as she sat next to him, he jumped in surprise looking at her with teary eyes.

Her expression softened at seeing him like that and with a worried tone she asked him if he was ok.

 

But Yoochun wished she hadn’t asked that. He wished she had never spoken or better yet that she hadn’t walked to the backyard.

Because in that moment he felt everything went downhill.

 

He looked at the sky sighing, fighting with the emotions he had been hiding inside, so afraid to show them, so afraid to tell her how he felt. Because rejection could change their entire friendship. A relationship Yoochun treasured more than anything.

 

And it was in that moment when he felt her take the almost empty bottle from his hand.

 

“You are drunk…” She said with a disappointed tone, not expecting an answer to her earlier question anymore.

And it was in that moment when Yoochun felt all his walls falling, because he was indeed drunk and his brain couldn’t control his heart anymore.

“You are right, I may be drunk…” Yoochun started saying looking at her deeply.

 

She gave me a surprised looked since he never admitted that, but she was even more surprised when Yoochun kept talking, her interest awoken by his next words.

“This may be a mistake, when the morning comes I may act like I don’t remember and act uncomfortable around you….but tonight there is something that I absolutely have to say…”

And he got closer to her taking the bottle she still had in her hand and putting it aside before holding her hand.

 

“I apologize for my current state, but because I am drunk, please don’t think I am just saying this…”

And she looked at Yoochun confusedly wondering what he wanted to say. Wondering what was the heavy burden he seemed to carry behind his words…

 

“Whenever I am in front of you, I prepare myself to say this, but I always say the opposite thing, turn around and regret it, but now I’ll declare to you that…” Yoochun said, his voice pitching a bit as he realized how dumb he had been for not confessing before…because in spite of all the opportunities he had before he always said a silly thing or just annoyed the girl in front of him, not able to deliver his feelings the way he wanted.

 

“I love you from the start…I love you so much…” Yoochun said holding her hand even tighter because he was sure more than ever that this was the moment that would change their relationship for either good or bad…but he was more than aware that this was also the worst way he could confess….so he just continued pouring his heart on those words he never wanted to say again, still afraid that by doing this he would lose her forever.

 

“…even if my sloppy declaration seems corny or unbelievable, it’s not something I am just saying probably again…I’ll never do something like this….”

He kept talking as his eyes filled with more tears and he let go of her hand and put his arms around her instead.

“...but as the night becomes light…once again I’ll hold you in my arms and tell you that I love you.”

He finished his sentence at the same time he broke the hug, but the expression on his special girl wasn’t the one he was expecting.

 

“Why are you smiling?” Yoochun asked with a mix of surprise and hurt in his voice. “Do you hear this as a joke?”

But she didn’t say a word and just kept looking at him, with that smile Yoochun used to love but now he wasn’t so sure about that.

In his mind she was looking at him as if he was a child, not taking his words seriously and all the emotions that were overflowing in his confession.

 

Because this time he had mustered all his courage to confess…even when he was drunk he was certain of his words, of his emotions, of his love.

“I have loved you from the start…I love you so much…” He said again…those words he had been hiding for such a long time and words he had never said to anyone before…

“This isn’t something, I would say to just anyone, I’m not that kind of person…” He assured her seeing her unchanged expression.

But as she didn’t say a word he looked down and grabbed her hand again before he continued talking.

 

“As much as you do, I feel awkward, I can’t even look you in the eyes, and I’m sorry I keep on saying the same things I was saying earlier…but tonight I’m going to tell you everything.”

“I love you so much…” He said now looking at their reflection in the pool letting her hand go, giving her space and time to think.

 

And it was after a moment when he saw her reflection in the pool moving closer to him, until her head was resting on his shoulder.

“I love you…” She suddenly said in a soft voice silencing Yoochun that was about to start another rant of how this was just a joke, because in his mind he still couldn’t believe what had just happened.

 

He couldn’t believe the fact that she loved him too.

 

The fact that he was now holding her in his arms.

 

And mostly the fact that she had actually accepted his confession. His drunken confession.