Final

Two Different Things

 

“YiXing's my best friend in EXO” These words echoed throughout the room. Yi... Xing? Sehun couldn't believe his ears. I thought I was his favourite... With a slump, Sehun sulked the whole way through the party, ignoring the frequent 'Sehunnie, what's wrong' and 'Hunnie, are you okay?' from Luhan. Even on the way back to the dorms, Sehun could not ignore those words, those wicked, hurting words.

 

It was 12am and he still couldn't sleep, thinking of Luhan. The sincerity in his confession, the way his eyes sparkled under the many camera flashes, it was too much for his broken heart to handle. If he doesn't think of me, why should I still bother with him? And with that, he flung Xiao Lu to the other corner of the room, grabbing a fan-given sheep plushie from Suho's bed instead.

 

After about an hour, Sehun was still tossing and turning around, unable to fall asleep. This was the first time sleeping without Xiao Lu and admittedly, he felt uneasy. Xiao Lu was his next best friend, given to him by Luhan before his departure to China and he treasured it more than his life. During every video call to Luhan, Sehun would always cuddle Xiao Lu, not even thinking of letting go once, which would earn him giggles from the elder that he loved so much. Suddenly, he heard the door creak.

 

“Sehun-ah~” Luhan cooed while opening the door, staring intently at the “sleeping” figure. He slowly made his way to the bedside. 1, 2, 3 steps and still no movement from the maknae.

 

Hmmph, why's Sehun ignoring me? A pout found its way to Luhan's lips as he proceeded to take a seat beside the pillow, patting Sehun's arm in an attempt to wake him up.

 

“Sehunnie~ Wake up~ I know you're not sleeping”

 

Rumble Rumble

 

“Sehunnie?”

 

“Go.......Away........” Embarrassingly, Sehun's words were muffled by his pillow. Cute. Luhan thought while a chuckle escaped his lips.

 

“Sehunnie~”

 

“Shut up and don't call me that” The younger said, rather annoyed.

 

“Is that any way to talk to your hyung?”

 

“...”

 

Silence

 

“Sehun-ah~”

 

“...”

 

Silence again. With a sigh, Luhan directed his vision to the other side of the room and gasped.

 

“S-Sehun... What is Xiao Lu doing there?” He pointed at the baby deer plushie. He knew that Sehun would normally cuddle it close to his heart at night when sleeping, lips slightly parted and eyelids drooping heavily. (Yes, Luhan takes “occasional” peeks at Sehun in the middle of the night)

 

Because Xiao Lu has Lay the Unicorn...” Sehun crossed his arms and Luhan saw a small bump below the blankets.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said because Xiao Lu has Lay the Unicorn,” he took out the sheep plushie from under his covers. “Suho the sheep is my new best friend now” Sehun then turned his back away from Luhan and wrapped his arms around the toy, going back to sleep.

 

Ahh... So that's why he's so pissed. He's such a child. Luhan thought and grabbed Xiao Lu, pulling the covers over him.

 

“W-What are you doing here? Go away. I need my sleep” Even in the dim light, Luhan could still see a tint of pink spread across the younger's cheeks.

 

“Sehunnie~”

 

“Hyung, please” Sehun stated sternly.

 

“Say gege~”

 

“No”

 

“Then I'm not leaving” Luhan stuck his tongue out playfully. Irritated, Sehun turned around.

 

“This is my room. Now would you excuse me, Suho the sheep still needs his beauty sleep” Luhan began to pout even more, droplets of water threatening to fall out of his eyes any moment. The tears made his eyes glisten under the night light, calming Sehun down. Oh god, not this again, he thought, unable to bear with Luhan's cuteness. Suddenly, Luhan threw Suho the sheep out of Sehun's arms and replaced it with Xiao Lu.

 

“L-Luhan, what are you doing?”

 

“Here, Xiao Lu wants you now, not Lay the Unicorn”

 

“But didn't Xiao Lu say Lay the Unicorn was his BEST friend?”

 

Luhan then snuggled closer to Sehun, throwing Xiao Lu to the ground.

 

“Best friends and boyfriends are two different things, you know” Giving Sehun a peck on the cheek, Luhan drifted off to sleep.


What did I just write? Orz. To think I got this idea during my Literature Exam XD Enjoy~