Chapter 5

My Gangster Lover

Niel was faced with the hard and anxious stares of C.A.P, Ricky, Changjo and Minah. He stood up and looked at Chorong who was smiling gleefully at him.

"What happened to SooJin?"

Niel asked, yet again. Minah slammed her hand on the table and stood up, glaring at Chorong.

"Why don't you ask your little ''girlfriend'' over here? She told SooJin you were two-timing her yet she didn't mention the most important part!" 

Niel's eyes widened, he was furious. He turned to Chorong and stared at her.

"Why!"

"I did it for her, so she wouldn't be too upset if she found out by herself!"

"It wasn't the right time to tell her, Noona!"

"Why isn't it? The sooner she knows, the better! Then she wouldn't get harmed by them!"

"Well, you didn't exactly tell her about them!"

"I didn't think it was important for her to know! It would only make her worried!"

"But she misunderstood me!"

Chorong became silent.

Niel was panicking. He did not want SooJin to think that he did not love her when he really does. At this time, L.Joe's words woke him up.

"If you really care about what she thinks, you better go explain to her before anything else happens."

"But hyung, I don't know where she is!"

"Wait for her in class, SooJin would never miss lessons." 

"Alright then...I hope she would be willing to listen to me.."

Without a second glance at anyone, Niel lowered his head dejectedly and walked out of the cafeteria. He wasn't feeling hungry anymore, he was too concerned about SooJin. Everyone watched quietly as Niel walked away, they knew that there wasn't anything they could do to help. They could only provide encouragement for him. After all, it was indeed SooJin and Niel's relationship, not theirs'. Niel, in the meantime, was preoccupied with thoughts of SooJin.

Was she alright? Was she feeling very disappointed at him? Was she feeling very hurt? Was she feeling broken-hearted? Was she thinking of breaking up with him?

Every single thing that was on his mind was related to SooJin. 

Soon, he reached his classroom. When he entered, he found the one person he was thinking about. 

SooJin was sitting at her usual seat, her head lay on the table, on top of her arms. She probably had not heard him enter the classroom.

Niel walked over silently and sat down next to her. He could distinctively hear her sniffling.

She was crying.