Lovers in the night...

Lovers in the night...

Kim Eunhye knew Junhyung since they both were in diapers. They grew up together, played together, slept together, laughed together and fought together. Until they were totally grown up…..and things began to change.Eunhye realized she has feelings for Junhyung, her bestfriend.But she decided it’s better to keep it all a secret. But she failed…..Junhyung caught her. While they were in a little vacation, back to their parent’s house.

 

 

 

Junhyung’ P.O.V

 

 

 

I was confused. I’m not even sure if that’s the right word. My mind was all messed up and so was I. After Yoseob’s text this morning I was speechless.

“She loves you….” I heard a voice inside of my head. That can’t….really CAN’T be true.First, because we’ve been friends since we we’re little, and two she has a boyfriend. And I’ve never seen her acting weird around me….or have I?

I sat down on the couch, taking advantage of the fact that mom, dad and Eunhye our out, to buy groceries.

Now that I’ve took some time to think better, there was something weird with Eunhye.She began to blush at every compliment I made her, she became pretty clumsy around me and she took care of everything I need.First,I thought it was because we’re bestfriends.I lean on you, you lean on me. Well to us it was pretty much “I lean on you, and you’ll take care of me.”

The disappointment in her eyes every time I texted her to come to me because I need her so much, and she realized I only wanted someone to hear me talking nonsense.

God, how mean I was to her.

She loves me, took care of me, cooked for me…and I...I thought she does it because that’s what a good friend does.

“Diary!” I stood up yelling.

All the girls must have a diary. I’ll better find it and read it, to be sure I’m not wrong. I made my way to her room, silently ,even though it was just me at home. It felt weird breaking into her room, like that, even if she was gone.

I opened the door and peeked my head in. I smiled when I saw the way my parent’s guest room looked. Just like Eunhye.That’s one thing I loved about her. No matter where she was, she had this style, to make it all look like it’s her home.

Her luggage was still on the floor, unpacked because we got here just last night. I stopped in front of it and kneed down on the floor. I felt bad doing this, but I had to.

I ped it and opened it.Blouses of all colors,next to skirts were revealed.I laughed seeing the baseball hat I gave her for her birthday 1 month ago.I put it back down and kept looking.And there it was,in between a pair of jeans and a white t-.Her diary.

I knew it because it was a writte in it. Eunhye’s D”.

“D” must come from diary right? It was a purple,cute notebook.I layed on the floor and opened it slowly.

“Eunhye…forgive me!” I whispered.

After pages and pages with girl stuff I found something that got my attention.It was from 3 months ago.

 

And it was like this…

“I can’t hide it anymore.I’ve been struggling to hide it in front of him,but it’s so hard.I feel bad writing this here,because it’s something I should’t feel for my bestfriend.”

 

Bestfriend???That bestfriend was me right?

I don’t know why,but just thinking that “that bestfriend” could be another boy made me angry.I kept reading.

                                              

“I even began to cook for him,and blush at his words.Not to mention that everytime he texts me my heart goes crazy.But when I go to see him I realize he just needed his bestfriend there…and nothing more.Not what I need from him….”

 

OMO! I began to feel bad now.But when I read the next words I was out of words.

 

“Guess I love him too much,and soon I’ll not be able to hide it anymore.If I’ll loose him that’s all my fault.I love Junhyung….Guess I always have but I realized it just now.”

 

 

I couldn’t breathe.I placed the notebook down and looked at the wall on front of me,well actually through the wall.

 

“She loves me….she really loves me…”.I kept repeating these words.

I spent the next half of hour laying on the floor with her diary on my chest.At every two,three pages she wrote down how funny and adorable I am,and how lucky she is to have me in her life.

Then it hit me.Why was I so happy with each phrase she wrote down about me?Why my heartbeats went crazy when I read over and over again “I love Junhyung….”. Is it…that I might have feelings for her too.

My thoughts we’re interrupted by the sound of a car parking in front of the house.I got up and went to the window.Mom and Eunhye were just about to get inside the house.

 

“Damn!” I whispered and threw the diary back into Eunhye’s luggage,making it look like no one and nothing was in her room.I quickly closed the door behind me and ran to my room where I jumped in bed, trying to look sleepy.

I heared steps on the stairs,then the steps were closer and closer to my room.I closed my eyes.

Mom walked in.

 

“You lazy boy!” She laughed pulling the blanket off of me.I opened my eyes and looked at her.I was about to laugh when Eunhye knocked at the door and walked in.She was…..beautiful.Her long black hair falling over her shoulders,her dark eyes looking straight at me with a slight smile on her lips.God,she was…GORGEOUS!

How comes I saw it just now??

I think I’ve stared at her for too much because mom was yelling at me.

 

“Up big boy.You might be a star,but today you’re my son and we need help with the breakfast.”she laughed.

 

I smiled.It’s true.When I’m home I’m like each kid around the world.I clean up,do dishes,clean the house and stuff.It feels good,like I’m just a normal guy.

 

“Okay mom….”I mumbled.

Eunhye was laughing in the door.Guess I was looking like a boy scolded by his mom.

Mom joined her in laugh.Great,two against me.I got up and followed them downstairs.

 

“How was shopping?” I asked Eunhye,placing an arm around her shoulders.What was that?I didn’t wanted it.My arm did it himself.

 

 

Eunhye’s P.O.V

 

 

I smiled following Ms. Yong to the kitchen.Seeing her talking like that to Junhyung was funny.Suddenly I felt an arm around my shoulders.I frowned and immediately my heart went crazy.It was Junhyung.

“How was shopping?” he asked.

 Please make my heart stop,I praied,hoping he won’t hear it.

“Great…” I whispered and swallowed.”Your mom is awesome,it’s great we’ve come to visit her.”

He quickly took his arm back,like he touched something hot.

“ I know,really? She’s…amazing.Especially when she makes me clean the whole house.” He laughed.

Junhyung was acting weird,too weird.I took a deep breath when we both entered the kitchen.Ms.Yong quickly gave us tasks and we began to help her with breakfast.We prepared the breakfast in an awkward silence.

“Kids,did the cat ate your tongue?” Junhyung’s mom asked.

I smiled,and looked at Junhyung.

“Not mine..” I said.

“Neither mine.”he answered.

I was cutting the meat,when Junhyung came next to me.

“Here..let me help.”he smiled taking the knife from me,and coming in my back.What the heck is he doing?I felt my cheeks burning when his arms were around me.helping my cut the meat.I looked at our hands on the knife,his on mine.His soft touch…I made the mistake to turn my head and look at him.His head was resting on my shoulder on his chin.His lips were so close to mine.I quickly looked away and saw his mother smiling at us.

“Um…”I mumbled,wanting so much to push him away,but my body was frozen.I couldn’t move.And the truth is that I felt good standing like that.His smiles,his sweet smile,after finishing cutting the meat and slowly took his hands back,going to the other side of the kitchen at the sink.I realized I stopped breathing.I took a deep breath.

After we all sat down,we ate and nothing strange happened.Ok,maybe Junhyung’s sneaky looks at me.

Something happened…..

Later that night,I was in my bed,covered with the blankets,with my diary in my hands.

Dear Diary…”I began…Damn I erased it all.

Today,Junhyung did….”.Not god.

It was strange…

My heart went crazy…

I quit,I said to myself,placing the diary back into my luggage on the floor.I got back into bed,and snuggled with the pillow.I was about to sleep when I heard a voice.

“Eunhye…are you sleeping?”

Who could it be? I opened my eyes and found Junhyung standing in the door,in his pj’s, looking at me.

I looked at him and a shiver made my boy tremble.Moon’s light was caressing his face,his skin,his arms.He was wearing just a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt.His hair was messy,but still looked like an angel.

“Yeah..No,I’m not sleeping.” My voiced sounded different from what I expected.It sounded….full of emotions.

“Can I..join you then?”he managed to say after 2 minutes of silence.

“I mean…stay with you.”

I looked down suddenly remembering that all I’m wearing it’s just a long t-shirt and my underwear.I wrapped the blanket tighter around me,and moved on one side of the bed.

“Sure…”I smiled.

He came and pulled the blanket away revealing my legs.It’s that blushing that I saw at him? Junhyung got into bed,apparently not caring about my “ness” and covered us both with the blanket.

“I can’t sleep.” He whispered, whileI could feel the warmness of his body.It’s true, when he’s next to me, my senses, everything, goes crazy.

“My neither…” I lied just to comfort him.

“That makes us two.” Junhyung smiled.

“Yeah…”

I looked down at my hands.My long hair covered pretty much all my face as I was looking down.My heart stopped when Junhyung used his hand to place some strands of hair behind my ear.

Why it has to be like this?Why can’t you love me back?I’m sick of hiding,I almost yelled out loud,but I didn’t.I just bit my lip.

“Eunhye-ah…..”he whispered,coming closer.He grabbed my chin gently and made me turn my head to him so he can look deep into my eyes.

“W-what?” I whispered back.

“I-I think I like you……”.

“You…what?Haha,no…..REALLY?” I asked totally amazed,startled.Junhyung smiled,his lazy,yet powerfull smile,before coming closer to me.

Our lips were 1 inch away from eachother, the Junhyung came even closer.I could feel his breath caressing my face.My eyes fixed him,feeling my cheeks burn.

The next second his lips crushed on mine.I closed my eyes and got lost into the moment.I kissed him,he kissed me back.

I broke the kiss,resting my forehead on his.I was speechless and so was he.I couldn’t move,and suddenly the temperature got higher.

“I’ll go now.Sleep well!” he kissed my forehead and left,closing the door behind him.

He just kissed me??I couldn’t believe it.

 

 

Junhyung’s P.O.V

 

 

We spent the next day in an awkward silence between us.I took a deep breath and pulled her into the garden.

“What’s going on?” asked.

“We need to talk,about last night.”

“Yeah…”

“Eunhye?Do you love me?”

I took her hands in mine.She blushed and looked down.I pulled her into a hug and held her at my chest.She began to cry.

“I do…”she whispered”I always did!”

“Me too...I realized I always loved you too.And I’m so sorry for showing it just now.”

I kissed the top of her head.

“Meet me tonight.”I smiled.

She was confused.

“Where?” she asked.

“Out in town” I smiled.

Eunhye frowned and looked at me.

“I can’t…I have a boyfriend….” She whispered.The she turned around,and ran into the house.Now what should I do?The I had a revelation.

Dad,where’s dad?I found him in the kitchen,drinking his tea.

“Dad,I need your help.” I grinned.

“Sure,son.”

 

 

………………………Later..……………………..

 

 

The roof of my parent’s house was perfect.Mom got to keep Eunhye distracted and took her out for a shopping session,while Dad was helping me.

“Just a little bit more,left…..no,more.Now wright.Great!” We placed the table down on the roof,and brought two chairs.I decorated it all in a romantic way.Candles,flowers,wine glasses….and ramen.But that was another problem.I kept thinking at her,will she come?Will she run away again?How will I tell her that I lover her?

I bit my fist,walking around like a crazy man.

“Calm down, son.Everything is gonna be fine.” He smiled.

Dad,always positive.We were both standing on the roof,and the sun began to disappear,letting the night take over.He handed me the roses I asked him to buys and patted my shoulder.

“I’m proud my son.Eunhye is a great woman.”

I smiled and hugged Dad.

“Thanks Dad.Now all we have to do is wait.”

“When the girls are back,I’ll take your mother and you won’t hear a sound from us.So don’t worry about us” he winked.

 

 

………………………..20 Minutes later…………………………

 

I checked everything again.Clean clothes,roses,chocolate,decoration.Everything was good.Waiting is the hardest part,I swear.My hand were sweating,and I was walking on the roof,worried she won’t come.But when she did,I was speechless.

She was wearing a black jacket, white blouse, jeans,and high heels.But she looked damn good.When she saw the table and the candles she gasped.

Holding the roses and the box of chocolate and slowly walked to her.

“Junhy..” she began

“Happy Valentine’s Day Eunhye!”

She took the flowers slowly and the box of chocolate.

She glowed,in all the ways.A smile appeared in her face.But suddeny disappeared.

“Junhyung,I can’t do this.I have a boyfriend.”

“But you love me…”

“That’s true.”

“See?” I smiled and placed a soft kiss in her lips.”You love me,not him.Tonight,you’re her with me.I love you!!”

She blinked.

“You do??”

I nodded taking her petite face into my hands.

“I do…with all my heart.”

I smiled and kissed her.I pulled the chair for her and she sat down.

“Wow…” she looked around.

“I tried to do my best.Plus,it’s February and I won’t let you stay here in cold”I chuckled watching her.

“I love it!”she grinned,placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

I poured some wine for both,and opened the box of chocolate while she was looking at the roses.Even it was the first time doing this with a girl, it felt normal.I could be who I really am with Eunhye.

I fed her with the chocolate and proposed her to go inside,cause it’s already too cold.I placed my jacket around her shoulders and took the wine and everything,into the living room.

We sat down on the couch,and I brought the ramen.She laughed,amused.

“Funny much?” I asked.

“A little…”

We finished eating and I placed one arm around her shoulders.It was time.

“Eunhye…” I asked taking her hand in mine.

“Yes?”

“I love you! Will you be my….girlfriend?”

The next second when she kissed me, I knew that’s a “yes”.