Suho the nurse

Suho the nurse

We were all sat down in the living room. Me and Yixing were watching TV, dad was on his laptop writing a book and Auntie Boa was doing some paper work.
“Atchoo!” Yixing sneezed loudly, making me jump.
“Bless you!” my dad and his mother said in unison.
“I don’t feel so well...” I looked at him, he really did look sick. His eyes were teary and his nose was a bit pink. He sounded like he had a blocked nose as well.
“Maybe you should go to bed.” My dad told him, “You don’t look so good.”
“I’ll do that.” He got up and hobbled up the stairs. “Night everyone!” He shouted from the stairs.
“Goodnight!” we all shouted back.

~

I really don’t feel good. How did I catch a cold? Kinda ironic since I’m the guardian healer. As far as I can remember, I’ve never had a cold before. Once when I was younger, I wished to catch a cold, just to see what it was like. Having perfect health was getting boring.
Now I regret making that wish. Every five seconds, ATCHOO! When I’m in the shower, ATCHOO! Getting dressed, ATCHOO! 
“Ughhh!” I groaned as I settle into bed. Maybe I’ll get better tomorrow.

~

I woke up feeling refreshed and energised. I heard birds singing was I walked to my bathroom. I was surprised to see a note stuck to the middle of my mirror.
Hey honey. Me and Boa are going out and Lay is still sick. Can you maybe be his nurse for the day, please? I’ll buy you lots of ice cream and bubble tea when I get back!  
Lots of  love, your father and Auntie Boa.
Great, I have to look after that narcissist today. I sigh. Better go check on him.

~

I feel like a brainless zombie! By sleeping on it made it worse! My head is throbbing and I feel cold even though it’s summer. I roll in my bed, wrapping myself in the quilt. I tried to go back to sleep again.
“Are you feeling better today?” a soft voice came from behind me. I rolled again and it was Suho. She was in pyjamas; she looked so cute!
“I feel worse today.” I mumbled with my mouth under the covers, somehow she managed to understand me. She lifted a cold hand to feel my forehead. I winched away from it.
“I’m sorry. I am going to be your nurse today. So, just let me see how hot you are.” She took out a forehead strip thermometer and placed it on me head. That was cold was well. “It’s pretty high! I recommend getting lots of sleep so that your body can fight the infections ok?” Wow, she is so nice today; maybe she’s ill as well?

~

Poor guy, when I walked in the room the atmosphere was so depressing. He must really not be feeling well.
“Are you hungry?” I asked, he should eat something to feel better.
“No. I just feel really cold and hot at the same time.” His forehead little drops of sweat on it.
I walked over to his bathroom and retrieved a flannel and a bowl of cold water. I soaked the cloth in the water then I gently dabbed his head with it. 
“T-T-That’s r-r-really c-c-cold!” he shivered.
“I’m sorry; I need to bring your temperature down so you can get better.” I explained. “Let this stay on your head for a bit.” I got up and went to the cupboard to get some blankets and pillows for him.

~

“Get some rest while I’ll go cook breakfast.” She put a few fluffy pillows behind my head and took off my quilt to replace them with blackest instead. I nodded to her as she walked through the door.
“ATCHOO!” I sneezed loudly, I really hate being sick! How do humans cope with this?
I closed my eyes in an attempt to get some sleep. After a few minutes, I went to dreamland.
In my dream, me and Suho were married and we lived in a cottage I the woods. We would go berry picking down by the river and swimming in the waterfalls. It was a lovely dream.
“Yixing! Wake up!” I felt a hand on my shoulders, shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes and Suho was sitting on the bed with a tray in her hands. “I got some food for you.” She smiled? She never really smiled when she’s around me. Sluggishly I sat up with my back resting on the headboard.
“Open wide!” she held a spoon to my mouth. Maybe I should be sick more, she’s being really sweet. I opened my mouth and she slipped the tomato soup in. My whole body felt warmer as the soup flowed to my stomach.
“Thank you.” I croaked as I drank the last of the soup. She held a glass of water to my lips.
“Drink, your throat will be better.” She guided the straw to my lips. I drank the ice cold water. “Do you need anything else?”   
“Well, erm...yes,” I hesitated.
“What’s the matter?” she raised an eyebrow.
“Well...I want to have a bath. My clothes feel sweaty and it’s really uncomfortable.” My cheeks became red instantly after I told her.   

~

Did he just ask for a bath? Do I have to clean him? I’ve never done that before, I’m sure he’ll manage, right? If I did then we’ll be alone, together, with just a towel to keep us modest... then the water will be , and it’ll run down his delicious body, sliding over his porcelain skin. His green tips will be damp, looking like seaweed...STOP SUHO! What were you thinking about? He’s ill and needs looking after! What would happen if father and auntie Boa walked in and saw us together? That’ll be awkward...
“I’m not asking you to get in the bath with me. Just run the bath and help me in would be fine...” his face was a shade of crimson. He seemed really embarrassed to ask me that; was he thinking of the same thing?  
“Don’t worry...I’ll go run the water for you now!” I got up and almost sprinted to the bathroom.
When the bath was done, I nervously skipped to Yixing. He saw me and moved to the end of the bed to swing his legs over it. “Do you need help walking?” I asked.
“No, I think I can do it on my own, thank you!” he smiled showing a cute dimple. I nodded as I lead him to the bath.
“You don’t need help undressing do you?” we were stood by the tub; Yixing was testing the water with his hand.
“Haha, I’ll be fine.” He giggled.
“I’ll be waiting.” I slowly walked backwards and shut the door.

~

I stood up and started to dress. The air was cold and I can’t wait to get in the water. Loos like she added some bath milk to it as well.
I dipped my foot in, but yanked it out when I felt the sting of the heat.
I stared at the water before deciding that it was getting too cold just standing there so, I closed my eyes and jumped in the water.
The first few seconds felt like I was being boiled alive, then the pain faded away to a relaxing heat that soothed my muscles. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

~

While Yixing was in the bath, I whizzed off to my own room and had a wash and got dressed was well. After that, I went downstairs and got some medicine for him.
Gosh, it’s really hard taking care of someone who’s sick. I think I’ll make a rubbish nurse.
I went to his room and placed a glass of water and medicine on his nightstand. I gathered the dishes and put them in the dish washer and went back upstairs.
I pressed a button on his bed and a TV came up from the footboard. I went to his DVD cabinet and chose a film to put on.

~

I feel so much better after that bath. I put on some clothes and grabbed a towel to dry my hair with it.
I opened the door to find Suho tidying the bed and fluffing the pillows. She’s wife material.
 The TV was up and there was medicine on my bed side table.
“Oh good you’re done.” She called me over as she sat down on the bed. “Here.” She handed me some pills and a glass of water. I took the pills and gulp them down with water.
“Do you want to watch a movie?” she flipped the blankets over me was I sat on my bed.
“Sure!” I replied.

~

Half way through the movie, Yixing fell as asleep because of his medicine. I looked at the time and it was half four, too early to sleep. I turned the TV off and got under the blankets with Yixing. I feel so tired; I’ve been running around and worrying about him all day. I hope he’s better tomorrow or else I’m going to pretend to be ill. I closed my eyes to let sleep take over me.

~

“Look at them; so perfect.” Boa signed as she looked at her son and Suho sleeping.
“When should we tell her about his powers and my book?” Ryeowook looked at his friend. “Would she freak out?”
“Probably. For now, just let her enjoy not knowing.”
“But she’s dying...” his face turned to one of sadness.
“Don’t worry, I believe Yixing will help her...” she added more blankets to keep them warm. “Come on, let them sleep.” The two adults turned off the lights and walked out of the bedroom, leaving the youngsters to sleep.