Catch Me When I Fall

Legendary Travelers: In Search of the Red Guitarist

 

 

book 1-1 | Catch me when I fall

 

 

 

A/N: Anybody who's not part of EXO will be used as random
side characters to make their names easier to remember.

 

ABOUT THE WORLD OF GRIMNUG : Fights are a part of lifestyle and culture here. Growing up without a fist fight is near impossible whether male or female. Drugs and carriage of weapons are legal. In fact, in this proanarchy world, there is no higher power or police or any rulers of that sort here. •ิ

 

 

 

ost

 

"Boss, there's trouble in the upper part of the city." A man in his late thirties rushed into a small white room decorated with several clean and polished skulls and bones.

 

Leaning back into his comfy white couch, a petite male figure with messy brown hair rolled the lollipop head in his mouth with his tongue. "Hoos mwakin meh wark this arly in da moanin?" (Who's making me work this early in the morning?)

 

"The Kachus, boss." The lackie magically understood what the younger male was saying and replied.

 

"Whar?" (Where?)

 

"On top of the Lavender construction building."

 

The young boss got up from his seat and sluggishly made his way out the exit while scratching the back of his head with a grumble. The older man followed behind his boss and handed him a fur coat as it was chilly outside.

 

"Apparently some weird guy picked a fight with the Kachus, and they beat him up." The lackie explained the situation as they neared the construction site.

 

"Ahahahaha!" The low rumbling voice of some maniac laughing above them echoed throughout the contruction area as the boss grimaced in annoyance. "This is what you get for messing with me, Bang Yongguk, the second in command of the most powerful Kachus!"

 

"I knew it was that idiot again." The boss mumbled to himself as he popped out the pink lollipop from between his lips. "Hey Bang, can you shut up? It's not even eight in the morning." He shouted upwards towards the top of Lavender building.

 

On top of the roof of the sixteen floor building painted purple, a young male with blond hair was standing triumphantly with another black haired boy held by the throat.

 

"Don't get in the way, Baekhyun. This idiot tried to challenge the great Bang Yongguk, so he's just getting what he asked for." The blond threatened, dangling the unconscious boy's body over the edge of the building's roof.

 

Boss Baekhyun waved his pink lollipop wand in the air and yelled back. "Well, do that somewhere else. This is my territory. I don't want to deal with another one of you Pikachu's mess, got it?"

 

Baekhyun's lackie panicked. "But boss, I thought we were going to save the guy?"

 

"Hm?" The younger boy glanced back at the man. "Oh yea..." As if suddenly remembering his actual reason for his appearance, Baekhyun turned his attention back towards Bang Yongguk. "Stop causing a rukus and drop the boy."

 

"Boss!" The lackie grabbed his own hair in frustration. "The boy will die if Bang drops him from that height!"

 

It wasn't that Boss Baekhyun was stupid. It was just that he was lazy and didn't really care about his job.

 

What was his job? To protect the residents in his territory from the opposing gang Kachus. (He called them Pikachus) You see, Baekhyun was the leader of a gang namely known as the Leeches.

 

"Hng... then what do you want me to do?" The boss whined at his own underling. It was hard to tell if Baekhyun or the older man was in charge.

 

The older man shook his head and held up his fist in suggestion.

 

"What. You wanna fight me?" Baekhyun glared, misunderstanding.

 

"No, no, no. You fight him." His lackie pointed at the blond on the building who appeared confused as to what Baekhyun and his lackie were talking about. To him, it looked like the lackie was challenging Baekhyun to a fight with his fist in the air.

 

"Fight him? I didn't bring my fighting stuff though."

 

"What are you guy arguing about?" With his caveman like voice, Yongguk shouted curiously at the two on the ground below him. He was still holding the unconscious boy with one arm over the edge of the roof. The superhuman strength in his arms was what Yongguk was known for among the Kachus and others.

 

"We're arguing about whether to beat you up or not." Baekhyun nonchalantly gave away the secret of their conversation. His lackie wanted to cry at the sad fact of the boss's carelessness.

 

Suddenly, the blond on the roof released a mocking laugh. "That's very funny. The only one who can defeat me is Kachus's boss. You're too weak to make even a dent in my muscles, Byun-head." Yongguk belittled Baekhyun who just calmly watched the other laugh his head off. "After I finish up with this twerp, I'll--"

 

Before he could complete his sentence, the supposedly unconscious boy tightly grabbed onto Yongguk's muscular arm that had a rough grip around his throat.

 

"You're still alive?" Yongguk shook his head in pity. "Well, you won't be when I let you go off the building."

 

The lackie on the ground panicked. "Do something, boss!"

 

"Wait, is that Kyungsoo?" Boss Baekhyun squinted to get a better look at the stranger being choked by Yongguk and scratched the tip of his nose with the stick end of his lollipop before popping it back in his mouth.

 

"Boss?"

 

Petting the older man to settle him down, Baekhyun just observed what would happen between Yongguk and the stranger he recognized as Kyungsoo. "Well, thwat Bwang's skrude." (Well, that Bang's screwed.)

 

Just as Yongguk was about to drop him from the roof, Kyungsoo opened his eyes and stared at the blond without much interest. "Oh." He finally spoke up. "You're the second in command of the Kachus?" It was more of a question than a statement, but he wasn't concerned with the answer to it.

 

"Yes, I am. I bet you regret messing with me, but it's too late." Another hearty laugh from Yongguk.

 

Kyungsoo tightened his grip around the other's arm and dug his nails into his muscles, and Yongguk felt a jolt of static where the boy's fingers were. The hand around Kyungsoo's neck twitched slightly as Yongguk could only watch helplessly.

 

"Well..." Instantly, a visible blue crackle spread from Yongguk's arms to all over his body as the blond let out a wail in pain. His body fluttering violently as what seemed like a blue electrical current electrocuted him and burnt the edge of his hair. "... you should recognize the face of your own boss next time."

 

Without a word, the blackened body fell to the group along with the boy with electrical power.

 

"Oh, I should probably catch them..." Baekhyun mumbled from below as the two bodies slowly picked up speed as they fell.

 

 


 

lol I made Bang Yongguk an idiot here. I love him though. Btw, that second boss guy is not Chen xD