Final

Black and White Ward

 

A.N: I greatly suggest that you should watch the PV of the song I based this song with, "Black and White Ward" for you guys not to get confused with this oneshot and listen to it while reading this. The italics indicate some of the lyrics of the song so yeah. ^^


"W-What," Zitao stammers, as he overheard the scientist's discussion. "Th-This can't be..."

HUMAN EXPERIMENT NO. 11: HUANG ZITAO
A FAILURE =
BREAK
and
RECYCLE

"No..." he whispers softly, and lets a tear slide down on his face. He then remembers a failed experiment of HUMAN EXPERIMENT NO. 2: ZHANG YIXING; all bloody, an 'X'-shaped laceration on his cheek, and another set of lacerations that forms the word 'DONOR' visible on his forehead. Huang Zitao is a failure. He is going to be recycled. And he will end up just like the failed experiment of Yixing.


"Their corpses shall be switched, their corpses shall be switched, their corpses shall be switched,
their corpses shall be switched... "

Wu Fan stands beside the said failed experiment, cluelessness visible on his face. On the other hand, Zitao's face is written with fear, and tries to hold back his tears.

"I... I don't want to end up like that," the younger stammers once more, and looks at the failed experiment again with horror. "Let's run away, before we end up like them." he said, as he grabbed the knife lying on the ground and took Wu Fan's hand with his free one. The two experiments started running to find the exit from this wretched place. 

"White, white, white, white here and there... It's all white..."

"Turn thirty degrees and with all your might, run fast..." Zitao mumbles to himself like a mantra. and continues to run. He's obviously panicking right now; for he can't seem to find the exit anywhere.

"White, white, white, both here and there, all white..."

As they continued the search, they found a door. And just about he was about to mistook the door as the exit, another failed experiment appeared. But this time it appeared to be HUMAN EXPERIMENT NO. 1: LU HAN. He then cries blood instead of tears, and the lacerations of 'DONOR' appeared on his chest.

"The mouth of the wall snaps closed, saying nothing..."

Then it came back to Zitao again. Images of the bloody corpse of Yixing came to his mind, and so did the fear of being the next one that will end up like him. Then he thought of the endless white hallway, the revolving door that will lead you to the same white hallway, and now the failed experiment of Luhan crying out blood.

"Where, when, where. All white here and there..."

Then the doors suddenly appeared on the hallway, but there were blood splatters on the door. It must have been the blood of the other failed experiments. There were also blood splatters that appeared on the glass of the revolving doors, and it freaked Zitao out more. 

"Without looking, the paths were crossroads before..."

"It is not escaped..." he whispers once again. He then falls down on his knees, and drops the knife. Wu Fan just stood there and watched the other genome.

"Where, where, where; all white here and there..."

"Wu Fan... Do you, by any chance, know where the exit is?" Zitao asks, almost close on giving up.

"Isn’t it the one over there?" Wu Fan simply replies, and points on the far end of the hallway. The younger gazes at the Wu Fan’s smiling face, and shed his tears once more. After that, he runs once more on the direction where the exit is. He then noticed something odd on one of the doors on the hallway where he led the young genome.

WU FAN AND ZITAO - THE DISPOSAL PLACE

"Huh... A knife?" he suddenly said, noticing the item that Zitao left earlier before he made a run on the place he directed him. And as if on cue, the scientists came running to Wu Fan.

“Have you seen this experiment, by any chance?" one of the scientists asked as he showed a picture of the man that left a while ago.

"Oh, I think he went that way." he replied, and pointed to the same direction where he led the younger. The scientists nodded and they ran again. Wu Fan again observed as he watched the scientists run, and noticed something odd with the scientists.

"What the--"

They were carrying knives, axes, guns, flails, defibrillators even. It's all sinking down on him now. The weapons the scientists are holding, the 'X'-shaped laceration on Zitao's cheek, the silent cry of Lu Han when the two noticed the poor experiment. And now, Zitao is running for his life just to find the exit of this demented ward.

'They're trying to kill Zitao,' Wu Fan thought, picking up the knife. '...And I won't let them!!'

"Here...? Where...? There?"
"Oh, it's that way..."

Suddenly Wu Fan went into a trance-like mode. He chases after the scientists with a hard grip on the knife, killing them one by one with a few slashes on the chest. The remaining few scientists ran in terror, as they saw the crazed genome gripping the knife with an 'X'-shaped laceration and a sinister smile on his face.

"A knife that makes you scream... Your blood sprays out just like your final words."

Zitao continues to run and run at the endless hallway, and he tripped himself from running too fast.

"W-where am I," he mutters to himself. He rubbed his eyes and checks his surroundings. There was a pile of corpses (or so he thought, those are actually a pile of the greatly-wounded genomes who tried to escape the ward) and he smiles in relief when he saw what’s in front of him. There it is; the door leading to the outskirts of Exoplanet, with an ‘EXIT’ sign that is gleaming in neon red. Perhaps all of this running had paid off.

One of the injured experiments, Kim Minseok, spoke to him his last words as he watched the young genome find hope.

Keep your eyes on what’s nearby you…” [1]

Zitao didn’t know that he passed by on some scientists nearby before he tripped himself, and screamed in panic.

“The genome… he has found the exit!!”

The younger genome gazed at Minseok for a while and when he is about to witness the latter’s repose, a hand grabbed his shoulder.

Black, black, black… All here and there, black…
Wherever. Who knows?

Wu Fan is almost done with his killing spree, earning some deep wounds and lacerations all over his body. He hears the scream that one of the scientists made then hurries to the place where he swore the scream came from. But he wasn’t expecting the sight that welcomed him.

Zitao is being pinned down on the floor, surrounded by many scientists. Their hands are all over him, all wanting to end the life of the poor experiment with their hands. One of those hands is gripping his neck harshly, making breathing difficult for him. The other one has a knife pointing directly to him, ready to stab him any second now.

Black, black, black, here and there… Where?
Here, where, there? Oh, there’s nothing to see…

But there was something weird happening that time. One by one, the scientists suddenly acts like they were stabbed or something then faints. And when the last scientist, the one that is planning to kill him, gets stabbed, he saw a figure standing in front of him. Zitao blinked, and identified that the figure was Wu Fan. The said experiment is kneeling down in front of the younger genome, and he is raising the knife that he left earlier with two hands up in the air.

Oh, why won’t you turn around…?
“Why won’t you turn around…?
“Why won’t you turn around…?

“This will only take a while, Zitao,” he said with a sly smile on his face. [2]

Zitao opens his eyes, but it seems that he’s having difficulty opening his left eye. His mouth went agape when he saw Wu Fan being taken away by two scientists. His right eye is covered with blood, a calm smile plastered on his face, and he didn’t notice that he wears the hourglass-shaped pendant instead of the dragon one.

The bodies have been replaced, but you’re still a ‘nobody’.” [3]


The next day, he wakes up in a hospital bed. The left side of his face covered up with bandages and so are the deep lacerations that he had. Some of his wounds were already cleaned and healed already, and he finds it odd. The scientists aren’t chasing him anymore, but rather they’re not minding him at all.

A few days later, all his injures were taken care of. One of the scientists asked him to come with her at their office, and he had no choice but to say yes.

“And now… Let us have a toast…” The head scientist said, raising up a glass of wine in the air. All the other scientists raised their glasses as well in happiness.

“Congratulations on the eleventh successful human experiment, Wu Wu Fan!” they all said in unison. “Cheers!"

After that, they fixed his hair just like how Wu Fan’s hair is usually styled. He now has a tattoo of Wu Fan’s full name in pinyin on his left arm, and he notices he’s wearing the dragon pendant instead of the hourglass-shaped pendant. Lastly; the irises of his left eye is blue, when originally is hazel-colored. Then he recalled what Wu Fan’s last words are before he was taken away.

The bodies have been replaced, but you’re still a ‘nobody’.”

And thus, he simply cried.


WHAT KIND OF CRAP DID I JUST MADE TT

[1] – Minseok is warning Zitao that there are scientists incoming at that part of the ward.
[2] – When Wu Fan was about to stab Zitao, he’s not going to stab him at all. He just removed the latter’s eyeball and replaced it with his own. That is why when Zitao looked to the mirror and saw the many changes he had after he was addressed as ‘Wu Fan’, he cried because Wu Fan sacrificed his eyeball for him.
[3] – Wu Fan said this to him because when Zitao survived, he was no longer known as ‘Zitao’ but rather ‘Wu Fan’ because the scientist knows that ‘Zitao’ (Wu Fan) was already dead and already disposed of.

I know that this fanfic is a bit confusing, so maybe I’ll put up another chapter that explains the story. But don’t get me wrong, the story is already finished. That said, feedback/constructive criticism/reviews are always appreciated.