My little nerd

The Slowly Ticking Clock

 

Your POV
 
"AHHHH!! BYUNGHUN!! GO SHOOT THST MONSTER FOR ME! I RAN OUT OF BULLETS!!" Both Byunghun and I were playing a very stressful shooting game at the arcade. It was the free session where every game was free so Byunghun and I went all out on all the games.
 
A sudden 'YOU LOSE' flashed across the screen and both our shoulders deflated concurrently. 
 
"Han Eunki, it's all your fault! We were thiis close to the next level! Arghh" Byunghun didn't stop complaining until we reached the next game machine that was both our favourite game in the entire arcade.
 
"Byunghun~ would you like to get me that huge angel plushie from the claw machine~? I'll treat you to lunch later if you like~" 
 
"You know i've tried over 50 times to get that thing... I reckon it's impossible..." Byunghun likes claw machines too but he knows how to control himself while i don't.
 
"One more try won't kill you~" I put on the cutest puppy eyes i could ever make and that got his attention.
 
"Fine! But only one try because i'm going broke because of you." I ruffled his soft blonde hair and hugged him so tight that at that moment we looked like a real couple. But that could never happen because Byunghuns been my best friend since childhood days.
 
"Aish! Stop ruffling my hair! You know i don't like people doing that! And for the last time it's L.Joe not Byunghun!" He shoved me off him and started looking for coins in his jeans pocket.
 
Byunghun pushed the $1 coin into the money slot and started moving the claw around like a professional. He moved the claw right above the angel plushie and pressed on the 'OK' button harshly. Slowly, the claw grabbed the plushie perfectly and started moving up towards the slots where the finishing place was. On the way there, another plushie was caught in the angel plushies way and the claw lost its grip. The angel fell back down into the pool of plushies and i was staring at it with my mouth open.
 
"That. Was. So. Freaking. Close. AAARRGHHHHHH" i couldn't control my anger and went on a rampage, running around the entire arcade like a madwomen.
 
"Eunki ah calm down, i promise ill get it next time. Calm down! Let's just go to school. I need to go to my maths lesson or else i'll miss out on important information." I stared at him like he was an alien from mars. He is a very smart student and tops every class but because i got influenced into drinking, smoking and jigging, his grades slowly started dropping too. It was my fault that he became like this because he took care of my every time i was drunk, every time i was in trouble with gangsters in the area and so i try to help him as much as i can, because he's the closest friend i've ever had.
 
"Yeah okay. Just for you my little nerd! But promise me you will get me that angel plushie within the next year!" 
 
"No promises but i'll try" he then put on the sweetest smile you could ever imagine.
 
We headed back to school and arrived just in time for 3rd period, the period before lunch break starts. Of course i didn't go to class, i stayed in the girls toilet the whole time smoking. 
 
I felt the side of thighs vibrate and pulled out my new iPhone 5 i got a week ago. A notification indicating that i got a text came up. It was from Byunghun.
 
'Heyy, i know your smoking right now. Please don't for the sake of your life :)' 
 
He cares for everything i do and i don't want him to because i'm just going to ruin his life. I stared out the window watching kids in the younger years play a match of soccer on the soccer field, envying that they can enjoy their life every second.
 
Noone POV
 
Surprisingly, up above the grounds of Woollim High flies an angel sent to help guide Eunki through her life until she finds a pathway she wants to follow. 
 
"So thats Han Eunki. This is going to be fun living on Earth for the time being." 
 
The angel flies towards the direction of Eunki's home in fast speed with a trail of twinkling stars following closely behind him.