Thriller

Thriller

Darlin’, let me hold you
Warm you in my arms and melt your fears away
Show you all the magic that a perfect love can make
I need you night and day

                Siwon held Sooyoung in his arms as she cried, shedding tear after tear for the relationship she thought was perfect only to crumble to dust. She didn’t say anything – she didn’t say how much it hurt, she didn’t speak ill of him, she didn’t ask why how something so beautiful could break just like that. She thought that she had it all. She thought they had it all. Now, it felt like she had nothing.

And as her sobs grew louder, harder, Siwon merely held her tighter, wishing the day would come that he could show her what love was really about sooner than later.

I want to love you
Pretty young thing
You need some lovin’
Tender lovin’ care

It was a world of guns, goons, money, alcohol and women. It was a dangerous world. It was the world he lived in. Jaejoong wore a smirk on his face as the heavy double doors were pulled open for him by his men; another pair following behind him. His world was one that he’d leave if he had a choice, if he didn’t need to fight to survive. It was a volatile life; one that always changed. He was used to gaining things and then losing them. Life was a business – a dangerous business.

                He walked coolly into a room; one that was yet again heavy guarded by his men. It was with some amusement that he saw the cluster of women huddled in the middle of the room cowering in fear… except for one. Jaejoong came to a stop; his heavily guarded gaze locking with her defiant one. Tall, lean frame. Chocolate colored eyes. Long dark brown locks. That look that spelled defiance yet gave him this urge that she needed to be saved.

                Jaejoong barely hid the frown as he studied her. She was a beautiful face without a name; something he resolved to fixing sooner than later. She was a stranger, another woman taken against her will to be traded off to the other gang leaders. Yet he had this urge to keep her out of the world he moved in, to save her from being yet another victim in this cruel life.

“Her.” His tone was cold, detached as he spoke to Heechul, pointing at the woman. “I’ll keep her.”

Heechul could always see past him. He could only hope that she would be the one to teach Jaejoong about the one thing absent in his life.

Love.

See that girl
She knows I’m watching
She likes the way I stare

Kyuhyun allowed his friends to drag him to a nearby club but not without protest.

                He would very much prefer to stay holed up in his room, playing either with Starcraft or his guitar. Clubs weren’t really his scene yet his explanations fell on very intentionally deaf ears. Now, his so-called friends left him in the booth to stew in silence, groaning every now and then while they dispersed themselves throughout the club. Some friends they were.

                Kyuhyun sighed, taking a long swig of his beer as he glanced at the bar. Early in the evening as it was, the long table was not full. In fact, it was nearly empty, save for a long-legged brunette sitting one of the stools. He knew it was rude but he couldn’t help but stare at her long, slender legs and her short red cocktail dress wasn’t helping. Nervously, he sent a quick glance to her face.

He knew right there and then that he got caught.

                The knowing smirk on her face gave her away as she languidly swirled the remaining cocktail in her glass. She downed the drink in one long sip and she hopped off the stool; a wink sent his way better before she walked away. Her lips swayed seductively, invitingly and really, it was all the encouragement Kyuhyun needed to follow her.

It was when he had her pressed against the wall, peppering her neck with kiss; her legs wrapped tightly around his waist that he found out her name was Choi Sooyoung.

Under the moonlight,
you see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream but
terror takes the sound before you make it

There were many things in life that she believed in.

This wasn’t one of them.

                With eyes wide with fright, Sooyoung stood frozen; the hair on her skin standing as she watched the scene before her. She knew she should just look away at the very least or even run away but fear and intrigue paralyzed her. Hell, she should be screaming bloody murder by now. But there she was, standing stiff and still, captivated by a sight that should send her running away.

                At first look, it would seem like they were just a couple impatient enough not to wait until they could reach a bathroom. The man, tall and slender with short dark hair, had his lips on the woman’s neck, gripping her waist. It looked like the beginnings of … but the blood dripping down her neck gave everything away. And as the woman’s body slowly began to limp, logic, common sense or whatever it was called kicked in and Sooyoung made a move to leave but only after she accidentally hit something metal.

The noise echoed throughout the alley and she barely had the chance to even consider running when he blocked her path.

                His fangs glistened in the moonlight; blood dropping from their sharp ends. His eyes were off similar color and she could clearly see the danger in them. Her breath hitched in , knowing that her end was imminent. Her gaze locked with his… and she didn’t expect the look of defeat in his eyes. His fangs retracted, his eyes went back to its warm shade of chocolate brown and in a blink of the eye, he was back to being Shim Changmin, her classmate, and was gone in a second.

Sooyoung sank to her knees in both relief and exhaustion, wondering why he had chosen to spare her that night.

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don’t go around breaking young girls’ hearts
And mother always told me to be careful of who you love
And be careful of what you do ‘cause the lie becomes the truth

                Luhan could only arch an eyebrow; he and Tao looking up as a girl, fully clothed, messy haired and all, ran out of the room that belonged to Kris, going straight for the door as tears streamed down her face. Xiumin could only shake his head as they all heard the door open and close as he resumed eating his breakfast; Chen grumbling under his breath by his side. Lay could only shake his head; his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. They’d lost count of the many women Kris brought back at night, had fun with and then sent away the next day. They never saw the same woman twice.

                In a way, they couldn’t blame him. Kris was hurt and in denial. That was as clear as day yet they all wished that he chose some other way to deal with it instead of going around using his charms and impossibly good looks to make women fall for him, only to break their hearts the next day. Another door opened and closed and soon Kris settled on the chair beside Tao; the six roommates silent as they did their own thing.

Luhan sighed, dropping his chopsticks before sending Kris a pointed look. “When will you stop?”

His shoulders lifted in a shrug. “I’m not doing anything wrong.”

“Bull.” Xiumin coughed into his fist. “We all know what you’re doing. “Why don’t you just go to Sooyoung and talk to her? Tell her you love her and all that .”

“I can’t have her. You know that.” Kris replied curtly before getting up, taking his breakfast with him and disappearing inside his room.

Lay ran a hand down his face before shooting the two older men a look. “Well, that was handled nicely.”

They all wanted to tell Kris that what he believed in was a lie yet as days went by and nothing improved, maybe he was right.

o-o-o-o-o

For those who aren’t familiar with Michael Jackson’s Thriller album, here are the songs that inspired the drabbles:

SooWon: Baby Be Mine

SooJae/JaeYoung: P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

KyuYoung: Human Nature

ChangSoo: Thriller

SooKris: Billie Jean