II

Into Your World

 

 

Into Your World

 

 


 

 

 

-12th March 1997, 4.45p.m.-

 

Joo Hyun was playing by herself while waited for Kris near the seashore. The breeze blew against her porcelain skin as she took a deep breath, enjoyed the sounds of waves and smell of golden sands. She took a walked before grabbed a stick and squatted, thought about something. She smiles to herself when her hand started to write something on the golden sands. When the waves came, the handwriting disappeared. She took a walked again and found a bug struggled to get out from a hole. She smirked. She tried to step on it. She turned around when heard a steps from behind. A wide grinned was forming on her lips.

 

 

     “Oppa! Come here! Quick!” Joo Hyun motioned her hand to Kris, asked him to come nearer. Kris grinned foolishly and managed his way towards her.

 

     “Kris Oppa! Look at this bug!” She took the bug and shoved it to in front of Kris’s face.

 

     “Yuck!” Kris stepped back while her kept moving forward.

 

     “Oppa! Are you scare with Mr.Bug ? Let me help you!” She squealed and started to catch Kris up when she saw he’s already took off his sandal and ran away.

 

     “Joo Hyun-ah! Keep that bug away from me!” Kris yelled and ran to the seashore while threw away his sandal. Joo Hyun just giggled while grasped the bug with her right hand. In front of her has a stone but she didn’t saw it. Suddenly, she trapped on it and fell on the golden sands. The bug was throwing away as her body collapse on the sands. She tried to sit but failed.

 

 

     “Oppa!” She shrieked as her face was covering by sands. Kris turned around and stopped his running.

 

     “Joo Hyun-ah!” Kris ran to her and helped her to sit. He wiped the sands that covered her face and her hair with his bare hand. Joo Hyun just chuckled when Kris fixed her bang on her forehead.

 

     “Oppa, do you love me ?” Joo Hyun asked and shot her eyes into his eyes. Her eyes were glistening by hope. Kris crept a smile and wiped her hair.

 

     “Ya! Of course I love you!” He said and knocked her head down. He shook his head for a several times.

 

     “Oppa! It’s hurt you know!” Joo Hyun put her hands on her head, protect it from Kris’s fist. Kris just smile and helped her to stand.

 

     “mm~ no.. no.. I don’t love chubby girl. Like this!” Kris puffed his cheeks, made it round, tried to imitate Joo Hyun’s chubby cheeks.

 

     “Oppa! You’re so mean!” She said annoyedly and pushed him into water.

 

     “Ya Joo Hyun!” Kris yelled and pulled her along with him into the water. Both of them laughed and splashed the water to each other.

 

 

-10th November 2001,8 p.m.-

 

Joo Hyun sat on her bed lifelessly while stared at the vast freeze ocean. Her tears still didn’t stop from yesterday after she got a news from their guardian. She glanced at the alarm clock on the drawer, it’s already 8p.m. It’s time for her to meet Kris at the library. He must been waited for her for a long time.

Joo Hyun stood and managed his way to the window, pulled the curtain slowly and bit her lower lips. She didn’t want to leave the orphanage. She loved everyone there, who had been her friends, her tutor, her guardian and mostly, him. The one who showed her to the world after her parents dead. The one who always stand by her when she’s happy or down. The one who always bring a joy in her life and become her light. Her only light when she’s in darkness.

A single tear started to drop on her sweater. She heard several knocks from outside and a voice that very familiar to her was calling out her name. She felt empty and didn’t have any strength to go and open the door for him. She’s only stood there, faced the vast freeze ocean, like her feelings.

She heard the doorknob was twisted by him and his steps as he came nearer her.

 

 

     “Joo Hyun ?” He called her name as he patted her shoulder softly. She didn’t budge to look at him because she scared to face him. She didn’t want to be the one who brought a sadness to him.

 

 

     “Joo Hyun-ah..” He called out for her name again. She couldn’t bear to hear his voice. Joo Hyun wiped her tears and turned around, faced him. She could saw he was taken aback with his reaction. Her eyes started to brim with tears again and in any second, the wall that she kept for a long time, would break in front of him.

 

 

     “What’s wrong, Joo Hyun-ah ? Who make you cry like this ? Tell me, princess..” Kris persuaded her and wiped her tear used his thumb. He slowly caressed his hair while looked into her puffy eyes.

 

 

     “Tell me Joo Hyun.” Kris hold his voice and tear as Joo Hyun went nearer to him, cried on his wide chest. She poured all her sadness there and clenched his sweater tightly. For a first time, Joo Hyun hugged him tightly as her body was trembling. Kris took a deep breath and hugged her while caressed her back and put his chin on her head. He let her cried endlessly.

 

 

     ““Oppa.. I.. Mrs.Kim told me that.. A couple wanted to adopt me.. And.. And tomorrow.. They will come and take me.. Oppa..” Joo Hyun was stuttering and hiccup. She couldn’t talk properly.

 

     “Joo Hyun-ah.. you should not cry like this.. You should be grateful you know. I’m envy you..” Kris smile reassurely and looked straight into her deep brown eyes. He pinched her cheeks hardly as her face turned to red as tomato. She just crept a smile, but inside her heart, she’s became more emotional.

 

       “Oppa.. How can I .. be grateful ? After all this time, we through our life together, just you and me.. After this.. we will separate. I don’t want it happen, Oppa..” Joo Hyun hit his chest harder while he just chuckled.

 

    

       “Ya! So, if you far away from me, I can know.. How much your love towards me.. Right ?” Kris raised up her chin and their eyes locked together. A shy smile was forming on her plump lips.

 

       “Oppa. you babo.. You know, if you treat me like this.. This thing make me don’t want to left you, Oppa. I’m scare someone will steal my Oppa away from me. And you know, it can make my heart hurt.”Joo Hyun said and pouted. Kris felt relieved because she’s stopped cried and whine like a little child.

 

    

       “No Joo Hyun-ah. I will not let anybody steal your Oppa away because we’re already make a promise right?” Kris said and crossed his heart using his finger. That is their vowed. Joo Hyun smile and crossed at her heart too.

 

 

       “So, Princess Joo Hyun already smile huh ? Wow! She’s so pretty with her smile on her face!” Kris cupped her face and shook it for a several times.

 

 

       “Ya! Prince Kris! Don’t do this to your Princess!” Joo Hyun said and pinched his cheeks. Kris pulled her into a hugged. He buried his face into her hair while her, buried her pretty face on his wide chest.

 

 

     “I will miss you Oppa.. So much as I love you. How I wish you will know my feelings towards you.”

 

 

 

 

On that night Kris wanted to spend his last time with Joo Hyun so she let it. Kris was helping her to pack her things up while she just sat on her bed, cried silently. She could see a sadness in Kris’s eyes, but he knew well to hide it. He kept putting his famous ‘killer’ smile to hold his sadness. Whenever their eyes interlocked together, there would have a b of tears in his beautiful eyes. Both of them understand their body language towards each other, stare language but they didn’t want to admit that both of them had fallen in love with each other. Sometime, if we love someone, we should let them go. If they return, they will be ours, if not, they is not our destiny.

 

Without she realize, Kris looked at her while patted on her bed, asked her to sleep. She just shook her head, refused to sleep.

 

 

 

     “I will sleep with you tonight since this is our last time to hug each other.”

 

 

 

Kris whispered to her ear and pulled her hand, forced her to be on her bed. Joo Hyun nodded and laid there. Kris pulled a blanket and laid beside her while put his other hand under his head, made it as a pillow. Joo Hyun couldn’t sleep and rolled her body away from him. She just stared up to ceiling and only blinked her eyes on that dark night.

 

She kept played with her pillow when heard a crying. She stayed silent when felt Kris was wiping his tears.

 

 

 

     “Please don’t cry Oppa. I’m hurt to hear it.”

 

 

 

Joo Hyun slowly rolled her body, faced Kris. Kris was taken aback when saw the innocent, big and sparkle eyes of her. She wiped his tears with her thumbs and pulled Kris into her embrace. At first, he was shocked with her action, but he felt like he needed it and he hugged her waist back.

 

After a few minutes, they broke their hugged and stared at each other. She could see his perfect face under the moonlight as she touched his kissable lips. Kris only looked at her with full of pathetic. He doesn’t want her to leave him alone there. Kris pulled her chin slowly and pressed his lips on her lips slowly and with full of gentle. He felt a soft moist as their lips locked together.

 

But it just for a few seconds since they’re still young to do all those things. Kris pulled her into his embrace and whispered to her right ear.

 

 

 

       “I love you..”

 

 

For a first time he confessed he loved someone who took a special spot in his heart secretly 5 years ago. He just 11 and she’s 10 year old girl who knew nothing about love.  But he’s braved to tell her. A promise was made to be  fulfill.

 

 

On that morning, after Joo Hyun ready, Kris knocked the door and entered her room. They didn’t talk nor greeted to each other even both of them already in dining room. That day, Joo Hyun was wearing a white dress with a pair of white and long socks, like their first meeting. After taking their breakfast, both of them went to lobby. Kris helped her brought her luggage and waited for Seo family –a family who adopted Joo Hyun-

 

Kris pulled her into his tight embrace when Joo Hyun started to walk away from him. It’s not a best friend hugged, but otherwise.

 

 

    

      “Oppa.. don’t forget me.. I wish that one day, a good family will adopt you too. You’re a good person that I’ve ever know in my life Oppa. No one can compare to you. I hope, one day we will meet again..” Joo Hyun started to sob. Kris caressed her hair and smile sadly. Joo Hyun felt her heart became hurt once again after the death of her parents. The pain that already healed once ago, became hurt again.

 

 

      “We will Hyun-ah.. You, promise with Oppa that you will be a good girl, obey your parents, pursue your ambition before men and lastly. Don’t forget about me, neh ?” Kris wiped her tears. Joo Hyun nodded and shut her eyes. Kris kissed her forehead for a very first time.

 

    

       “ I love you, my Joo Hyun” At last, he have his courage to confess his feelings towards her. It’s for a second time but he knew, last night incident and confession, Joo Hyun didn’t heard nor realize it.

 

 

    

     “ I love you too, Kris Oppa. Wait for me. Don’t cry Oppa.” After that, Joo Hyun walked to her new parents and waved her hands to Kris. She could see he’s still crying when she’s already in the car and slowly his image faded away. Joo Hyun shut her eyes as her tears ran down on her chubby cheeks slowly. She touched her forehead, then her cheeks and her lips. The place Kris had kissed her and pinched when she’s in misery.

 

She looked at outside as she took a deep breath. In her gripped, there has a picture of a boy she loved so much.

 

 

     “Just wait for me Oppa. I will be there for you.”

 

 

 


 

Thank you for the subscribers and commentors! I LOVE it and APPRECIATE it you know!

Saranghae! Enjoy my story~ I'm sorry because Baby Steps and this story was same :)

Last Chapter will arrive~

pyeong pyeong~ 

 

Lots Of Love, lilprincess :)