Friend

Friend

 

 

Oh it has been a while, hasn't it my lovelies? Haha well it's only been a day, but I meant to post this yesterday, but you know, SATs was today and I was a little stressed. But it's all good now (thank the lord I don't have to take that test again >.<). Oh and by the way, was yesterday like National Send Your Requests To Kpop-scenes Day? Because we recieved A LOT of requests yesterday! (Not that that's a bad thing :]) Anyways, here's our first Onew story! Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

"Are you sure you have everything?"

"Yes, mom, I'm sure," you replied patiently.

"And you have money for lunch right?"

"Mom, you already paid for my lunch plan. This isn't like me last school where I had to pay by the day," you reminded her.

"Oh, that's right," she mumbled.

"Okay, well, I'll be going now," you announced.

"Good luck!" you heard your dad call from the kitchen.

"Thanks! Bye!" you yelled back and gave your mom as small wave before walking out of the house.

---

You stared up at the school building from the front gate. The outer appearance was a little scarier than your old school, but the students that walked around you looked definitely more intimidating than your former classmates.

It wasn't like you wanted to start off your senior year at a new school, but you couldn't stop your parents from packing up and moving from America to Korea because of a sudden promotion your dad received. You were happy for him. You knew how hard he worked for that promotion.

You let out a deep breath and dusted off your uniform skirt before joining the current of students who were making their way inside.

---

"And here is your schedule."

"Thank you," you smiled to the elderly woman behind the desk and gave her a small bow before exiting the office.

You pursed your lips as you read your schedule and checked where your classes were located on a map the secretary provided for you. Not paying attention to where you were going, you accidentally bumped into someone who was walking in the opposite direction from you.

"I'm so sorry!" you exclaimed.

"What were you're going, newbie," a girl that didn't look so nice sneered before flipping her hair and continuing down the hall.

'Well that was not how I imagined my first day of school would start off,' you sighed as you watched walk down the hall as she laughed obnoxiously with her friends.

---

Onew knitted his eyebrows together as he saw the scene play before him. He figured you were new and frowned when he saw you sigh to yourself.

"Jinki!"

"Huh?" he took his eyes off you to see Jonghyun staring at him expectantly.

"Well?" his friend asked.

"What?" Onew asked confused, "Sorry I wasn't listening," he mumbled as he snuck another glance at you.

Jonghyun let out a frustrated sigh, "I was asking you if you wanted to go get something to eat after school. I was thinking patbingsu."

"Uh, can you hold on real quick," Onew answer, his eyes still on you, "Um, I-I'll be right back," he mumbled as he walked around Jonghyun and towards you.

---

"Excuse me."

You turned your head to see a boy smiling down at you.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" he asked.

You silently nodded your head as you bit your lip.

"I can help you, if you want," he offered kindly.

"Thanks, I would like that," you smiled back appreciatively as you handed him your schedule.

He nodded as his eyes glanced over what classes you were enrolled in, "Oh, and I'm Onew, senior class president," he flashed you another smile and held out his hand.

You slipped your hand into his and shook it, "I'm ______," you smiled.

"It's nice to meet you," he said with a soft laugh, "C'mon, I'll show you were your class is."

You nodded your head and followed Onew down the hall towards your first class. Onew puffed out his cheeks and you looked down at your feet as the two of you walked in an awkward silence.

"Don't mind them," Onew said suddenly.

"Huh?" you looked up at him.

"Those girls," he clarified, "Don't mind them. They've always been like that."

You nodded your head and looked down at you feet.

"And not everyone at this school is like that," he quickly added.

"I know," you said as you looked up at him.

'Wow,' he thought when you flashed him a bright smile and he stared back in awe.

"Why are staring at him like that?" you laughed nervously.

"Um, sorry," Onew quickly looked away and cleared his throat, "Well, here's your classroom," he said opened the door to the classroom that was to his side.

"Cool, thanks Onew," you said.

"______!" Onew called out as you were about to step into the classroom.

"Yeah?" you asked, turning around to face him again.

"Um, do you want to, uh, meet up after school today?" he stuttered, looking down at the linoleum tiles on the floor, "I know this place that serves pretty good patbingsu if you want to go."

You looked up at the class president and smiled when you saw him bite his bottom up and look up at you through his eyelashes.

"Sure," you said with a small laugh.

"Oh! Okay!" he beamed, "Um, meet me by the front gate?"

"Sounds good," you gave him a thumbs up, "I'll see you later!"

Onew waved as he released the door and watched it close shut.

Smiling to himself, he turned around on his heels to head towards his classroom when he came face to face with his four friends.

"Ah!" he yelped and placed a hand over his chest, "You guys scared me!"

"Who was that?" Jonghyun asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Ummm, ______. She's new," Onew said with a nervous smile," Oh, look at the time! I have to get to class!"

Before his friends could say another word, Onew was already making his way down the hall. Confusion was in their eyes when he turned around to face them again.

"Oh, and yeah, I'll come with you guys to get patbingsu," he told them before a small smile formed on his lips, "And I'm bringing a friend."