The 2nd Date

Summer Dreams

Okay... I know all of you had been anticipating this chappie, but I'd been hiatus for so long..... PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! I'm in college now, so yeah... always BUSY.

I'm so sorry, guys, but THNX for still be with me!! LOVE you!!! xoxoxo :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

At the garden, SeoHyun walked step by step, taking her time to walk along the pavements to wherever the path takes her.

Something was bothering her mind.

 

“Well...”

 

“SeoHyun, which high school you went...?” YongHwa asked and SeoHyun was surprised.

“G...GangHwa High School.”

“You must be familiar with Mrs Choi MinYool.”

Huh?

“Mrs Choi MinYool... is my class’s...”

“...homeroom teacher.” YongHwa continued her sentence. SeoHyun rolled her eyes and looked at YongHwa straight in the eye.

“Really, who are you...?” SeoHyun murmured to YongHwa.

Silence.

“I know you... but I don’t think you know me.” YongHwa muttered.

“What...? How come...”

“We’re in the same class.” YongHwa said.

SeoHyun was speechless.

“But.... I don’t think you were same class as me.” SeoHyun replied.

“Of course you wouldn’t recognize me,” YongHwa pulled out a photo “...if I was like this back then.”

SeoHyun looked at the photo; a chubby-faced teenager with thick-framed glasses, his plump body was emphasized more with an oversized-looking sweater.

“This is...”

“Yes, that’s me.” YongHwa stated himself.

SeoHyun was more surprised. Yes, she remembered this particular boy in her class. He was been insulted and became the object to be made fun of in the class.

“You remember now...?”

“This is you...?”

“WAS...” YongHwa emphasized the word. “SeoHyun-ssi,...”

“I really like you... since then.”

Another silence.

Amazement was obvious in her face.

“I like you, since high school and until now... But you never look at me, at all..." he said, in a sad tone.

"After graduation, I tried to find you after I lost track of you. Eventually I found out you worked here in Seoul.”

SeoHyun remained silent but was deeply surprised inside.

 

“So yeah, our first encounter was not accidental.” YongHwa stated again.

 

That happened almost a week ago. SeoHyun was delusional until her phone beeped; a message tone.

 

Anyong. You’re free, right?

 

SeoHyun frowned after she read the message.

Yeah... why?

Where are you?

Why do you need to know..?

I’ll pick you up.

“What?” SeoHyun muttered. She later did not reply to the message.

But after few minutes, her phone rang.

 

“Where are you..?” he asked again.

“Nowhere.”

“Come on, doctor...”

“Exactly, why do you need to know...?”

“All right. I want to take you somewhere.” KyuHyun said.

“To where...?”SeoHyun asked.

“You’ll find out soon.”

 

 

 

The scenery was so breathtaking; a field of mixed colours of green with blue sky spread above it. In the green fields, purple and pink flowers were swaying following the wind. The oak trees were tall and the sound of a flowing river could be heard. And the mountains behind the green fields just complete the image. It was really picturesque.

SeoHyun was really awed by what she saw. The scenery was really taking her breath away.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” KyuHyun stood beside her. SeoHyun nodded in agreement.

“I discovered this place few days ago. But I only bring my camera, not my painting tools.” KyuHyun stated. “So today, I wanted to paint this scenery.”

“Owh...okay.” SeoHyun nodded, understood.

 

KyuHyun sketched the whole scenery on the clear canvas while SeoHyun was sitting down on the green grass, amazed by what she saw. Both of them were sitting below a huge tree.

“Dr SeoHyun..” KyuHyun called and it made SeoHyun turned.

“What made you decide to become a doctor...?”

SeoHyun was taken aback by the question.

“Because I wanted to.”

“Because of what reason...?” KyuHyun asked again. “There must be a reason behind that ‘I wanted to’”

SeoHyun shifted her sight to the scenery again, biting her lip thinking what to answer to this Casanova’s question.

“I was 7 years old when my father died. They said that he suffered from leukaemia and we tried to give him the best treatment, but at that time no treatment could be found in the suburbs. To take my father to the hospital in the city would cost a lot of fortune...”

SeoHyun paused because of the tears welling in her eyes, but she tried to remain composed in front of KyuHyun.

“Besides, one of the doctors that were treating my father was really unethical and rude. He neglected my father to treat other patient with less serious disease.”

SeoHyun stopped to sigh heavily. KyuHyun who was still on the stool, looked at her in sympathy.

“I see...” KyuHyun murmured.

“Well, I bet your father would be very happy because his daughter had become an amazing doctor.”

SeoHyun turned to meet his face and she saw his smile; the genuine smile. She was touched by his words.

“W-What about you, then?” she asked, stuttering.

“Me?” KyuHyun remarked and laughed afterwards.

“Why are you laughing?” SeoHyun frowned.

“You’re interested to know about me...” KyuHyun jerked his eyebrows to SeoHyun.

“It’s not fair that you know my story but I don’t know about yours.” SeoHyun replied in monotone. “No personal feelings.”

“Yeah right....”

“I’m being serious. Seriously.”

KyuHyun had to chuckle, pausing his brush that was on the canvas.

“Okay. Well, I like art since I’m still a little kid. I got this gene of interest from my mother’s side. My mother is a painter and crafter, my dad is an engineer. Even though I forced myself to love science, but at the end I choose arts because my heart is at it.” KyuHyun explained.

Silence.

“How’s my story?” KyuHyun asked.

“Okay..” SeoHyun answered.

“Just ‘okay’...?”

“What do you expect me to answer?” SeoHyun frowned.

“Well, maybe like...’WOW! How cool of you taking arts!’ or something flattering.”

SeoHyun shook her head and looked into the scenery again, ignoring KyuHyun. KyuHyun pouted but continued his work.

SeoHyun stood up and walk around the tree and tried to peek KyuHyun’s painting from behind, but KyuHyun quickly covered the painting with a large paper.

“Yah! How come I can’t look at what you’d been doing!” SeoHyun yelled. KyuHyun grinned and put his hands on SeoHyun’s shoulders.

“Dr SeoHyun, I have this thing where I don’t like people to see my unfinished artwork.  You will see it.” KyuHyun said. “Soon.”

SeoHyun frowned and shook off KyuHyun’s hands that were on her shoulders. KyuHyun chuckled to SeoHyun’s reflex action.

That’s when her phone rang.

“Hello...? Omma...?”

“SeoHyun-ah, could you come here, to our house? I seriously don’t understand...”

“Understand what...? Omma, did you forgot how to use the dishwasher again??”

NO! It’s not that...!” her mother raised her voice, which is strange to SeoHyun.

“Then, what is it...?” SeoHyun was getting anxious hearing her mother’s words.

 

“A person named YongHwa... is here.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

how pissed are you towards YongHwa..?? hahaha, i laughed when reading your comments about YongHwa.... 

it's their 2nd date!! how was it??

Don't forget to comment!  (will update chpt 19 soon!)