Woody

Best Friends

Chapter 5

--

I pulled her away from me. I kept my hands fastened on her shoulders as I showed her my face of bewilderment. Did she just… did she just say that she loves me? She… loves me. Wow.

 

Her eyes suddenly grew big and formed an O. She shook my hands off her and ran inside her apartment. She tried to close the door but before she did I stopped it, with my now aching foot. I went after her, but she was ahead of me already and as I followed her to her bedroom I came face to face with a mint green door slammed shut seconds before I almost came in.

 

I knocked on the door. “Sooyoung?”

 

“Not now!”

 

“Please! I wanna talk to you!”

 

“Please leave! We’ll talk another time!”

 

“No! I need to tell it to you now!”

 

Momentary pause.

 

“Tell me what?” Her voice was softer now. She seemed to forget her seemingly accidental confession to me.

 

“Open the door and I’ll tell you.” I used my best convincing voice. After a pause, she opened the door. A face of embarrassment (or shame?) was her expression. She looked quite nervous, too.

 

“I love you, too.” I said to her.

 

She suddenly turned to a tomato. She looked away, with a sense of shock on her pretty face. She ran her hand through her hair like she was trying to figure out what to do. We met eyes again, mine totally intent on hers. Immediately she ran inside her bedroom like trouble was chasing her but before she can even get out of my reach, I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the living room.

 

“I’m going to say it again. I love you, Choi Sooyoung.”

 

I sincerely told her what I have felt for a very long time. I felt free. I was holding her hand, and we stayed still for a moment. I let the good feeling sink into me, and I hope that she’s doing the same. She told me she loved me, right? The way she said it and the feeling that I got, I knew it was real.

 

I was waiting for her to answer. She looked speechless, but I really wanted her to answer back. Maybe… we already said what we’re supposed to say. Words are enough. I need to show it to her.

 

I hugged her. I ran my fingers through her fragrant her. I let her head lay down on my shoulders. I just held her, letting her feel what I feel, and letting her sense my heartbeat. She hugged me back and I felt comfortable. We both felt comfortable. I did all this thinking about how much I love her and hope that I’ll ever hug her again.

 

When she pulled away she pinched me on the cheek and gave me a cute smile. I can’t help but give her a wide one of my own. I was really, really happy. We both were. Before I could forget, I ped my backpack and brought out the Woody doll she gave me once as a gift. It wasn’t really a gift, though. She had lots of Woody dolls, and I forced her to give one to me.

 

I showed it to Sooyoung, and I think a flood of good memories came back to her. She took it with her hand and we just smiled once more. 

--

sorry for the late update :P thank you for the nice comments and thank you for suscribing :)) this is the 2nd to the last chapter! ^^