Finale.

Only If For A Night

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were lovers but Baekhyun had to go overseas to continue his further education. At first, they thought about long distance relationship but while preparing for his further education at the foreign place, Kyungsoo saw that Baekhyun was having a hard time trying to juggle both studies and their relationship. Trying to be a very considerate boyfriend, Kyungsoo didn't really want to be a burden and hence initiated the breakup. Of course Baekhyun didn't agree to the idea at first, but Kyungsoo promised to wait for his return, and he had eventually agree to it. The whole breakup and separation was mutual, with both of them smiling while Kyungsoo sent Baekhyun off at the airport. But right after the airplane took off, Kyungsoo broke down, squatting beside his car he tried his best to sob quietly so that no one would notice him. 
 
A year past by and they hadn't been in contact since Baekhyun was too busy with school and Kyungsoo was busy visiting the hospital. It was one bright and starry night that Kyungsoo appeared in Baekhyun's dream. The moon was high up in the sky and it was a full moon. 
 
They were both at the place where they had their first date, and their first kiss. The only difference was that there were nobody else at the place; it was only the two of them, it was their own world. They started to reenact everything that happened during that day; buying their favorite chocolate flavored ice cream, walking down Han river together, the back of Baekhyun's hands slowly brushing against Kyungsoo's, and then finally gathering up enough courage to hold his hand. They finally settled down on a bench beside the biggest zelkova tree, and since it was autumn in his dream, the leaves had all turned orange. "Baekhyun ah, I know it had been forever since we had such a happy day like today, I would like to sincerely thank you. To be honest, I didn't regret every minute and second that we had spent together, but I totally regret letting you go a year ago." Kyungsoo quietly whispered, before extending his hand out and pulled Baekhyun's body into his warm embrace. It took a moment for Baekhyun to totally registered everything that just happened but he quickly returned the same favor.
 
A nostalgic feeling had indulged its’ self onto both of them. His arms were tightly wrapped around the smaller male's shoulders, his, clinging hard onto his clothed chest, slowly leaning his head on his shoulder. Basking in each other’s ambiance, creating each other’s warmth. Kyungsoo looked up at Baekhyun, his doe-liked eyes boring into the brunette's glossy chestnut-eyes. Kyungsoo gave him that famous heart-shaped smile of his, the one he knew that he had loved from a long time ago; it gave him the feeling as if he knew something that Baekhyun didn’t. Caressing the taller male's soft cheek, he tiptoed up to meet his gaze; their noses almost touching. Baekhyun could feel the warmth of Kyungsoo's breath brushing on his lips. 
 
When their lips met, Baekhyun swore he felt the kiss being very real, but it was all so strange. 'Isn't this just a dream?' Slowly parting away from the kiss, Baekhyun looked down at the smaller male infront of him. Tears were streaming down his beautiful eyes, trickling down his chin and landing on the soft earth beneath their feet. "안녕, 내 사랑. (Goodbye, my love.)"
 
Suddenly a blinding light blocked Baekhyun's vision for a moment. "Urgh." Baekhyun groaned as he groggily wake up. 'I knew it, it was only just a dream...' he thought and placing his hand over his face, hoping to fall back to sleep again. But he felt something wet on his face; it was his own tears. Confused over why he had unconsciously cried, he then sat up and decided to wash his face before falling back to sleep. While passing by his dresser, his phone lighted up and vibrated; indicating that a message was received. Looking at the sender's name, it was from his mum. Clicking on the small box which stated "Read", and he scanned through the message. The contents in the message made Baekhyun dropped his phone on the floor, before he slowly slid down and burry his face in both hands, letting the tears drop freely now.
 
"Baek ah, Kyungsoo.... he's gone."