My Present will Save your Life

My Present will Save your Life

For my whole life, I kept wondering, what if I can't go on. I knew that I wouldn't see the end like all of the people my age, but ever since I came here I got a reason to. I wanted to go on,  but I knew that I couldn't and that my hopes would get my nowhere.

"Zhanar, you need to get inside," the nurse came up to me. The nurses name was Jieun, she was always there, giving me the pills, taking me to my treatments, feeding me. I knew that she that I won't be here long, if she didn't know she wouldn't treat me so good. I nodded and followed the girl inside. My room was on the last floor of the hospital, so we had to use the elevator.

"You are having an appointment with the doctor today," Jieun smiled at me. I nodded following her inside the elevator. As we got to the third floor another nurse entered the elevator with a wheel chair. In the wheel chair was Bang Yong Guk. The reason that I wanted to go on. He smiled at me, causing me to do the same. My eyes went to his chest. The problem that he had. I wanted someone to donate their heart to him, so he would live, but no orders came in.

"How are you doing?" Yong Guk asked me.

"Pretty well," I answered trying to not stare at him, and not to forget to blink. My eyes stared at his bags, they made me feel so bad for him. I alsmost forgot that we were practicly in the same situation, "I might be getting a whele chair soon, my legs are giving up on me."

"Join the club," he said pointing to his.

When the elevator stopped, all four of us got out. Jieun led me to my room because my doctor appointment was soon. I got into my bed finally relaxing my legs. My whole chest was tightening.

"How are you feeling?" Jieun asked sitting down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders. Nothing was new, "don't worry everything will be over soon."

I didn't take her words as a good thing, they somehow made me feel worse. All of it will be over soon, but not in the way I was hoping for.

"Zhanar?" a doctor came in to my room. I stared at his face. I knew that he wiil tell me something new, I just had a test a few days a go, "I don't have a lot of good news."

I was expecting that. Nothing was good new to me these days.

"The tests don't really show anything good, the tumor just keeps growing, I don't think you have much time," he sighed.

I stared at him, I knew that this would end soon. I knew it would.

"About how much?"

"We're thinking maybe a week or two."

I nodded. My eyes closed automaticly to not let the tears out. I heard the door close, Jieun and the doctor left. My tears kept falling.

Hope, you let me down this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran across the street and into his arms.

"I have a present for you," he smiled at me. I let go of his neck staring at the necklace that he pulled out of his pocket. It was a silver necklace with a heart hanging off it, "I want you to have this, if you wear it, I will know that your heart belongs to me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with sweat running down my body. I knew what I had to do. I knew that since I wasn't destined to survive, I could help him. I got up from my bed and ran outside toward his doctor's office. My legs were giivng up on me again, and my speed was decreasing.

"You need a lift?" I heard his voice. I turned around to find him in his wheel chair smiling at me. I nodded, "come here."

I followed his instruction. Soon I was sitting on his lap hugging his neck as he went toward the elevator. As soon as the door opened his nurse was in our sight.

"What are you doing?" she yelled at us. She yanked my arm and pulled me off. With my legs not being the healthies, I lost balance. I started falling, causing Yong Guk to grab onto my hand and him falling with me, but landing under me. I looked up with wide eyes, just to see him smiling at me. I grabbed onto his neck hugging him.

"I won't let you fall before me," he whispered. Oh if only you knew that I will be the first one to fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bang Yong Guk's POV

I stared at the note before me. My tears were falling like waterfalls. She fell before me, she fell and let me keep standing. My hand clutched my heart as I kept reading the note over and over again:

         Dear Yong Guk

As the doctors probably told you, you got a donation. I am not sure if they told you, but that heart is mine. I found out that I am dying two weeks ago, but just because I had to go, didn't mean that you had to too. Therefore please accept this present, and cherish it for the rest of your life. In return I am only asking for one thing. Please, don't ever forget me...