What Is Love

A Song for Your Story (Compilation of Oneshot)

========

Title : What Is Love part 1 "History"

Cast : You and D.O (Do KyungSoo)

Minor : EXO-K and M, Kingz (yes, they're real life people :D!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdejiaoEhFc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I want to sleep…” Sehun yawned as he scratched his head, Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded in unison. “Yah don’t be like that! Today it’s the first time of our dance practice for History! You have to be more enthusiast guys, our debut is coming near!” Suho scolded them.

“Speaking about enthusiasm, he must be the most enthusiast one among us…” Sehun groaned and pointed at Kai, who’s walking happily even whistling.

D.O just shook his head at his team member, “Suho Hyung is right guys, our debut is coming near so we need to work harder!” he smiled.

They arrived at the dance room. When Suho opened the door, they’re greeted by their own song ‘History’ blasted on the speaker.

“Aaah annyeonghaseo Oguri hyung!” they bowed to one particular guy, he’s Oguri, one of the Kingz member. A well known dance crew in Japan who’s specially flown to Korea by their entertainment, he did the choreography for most EXO’s teaser.

“Hey! You guys are ready? I spend two whole nights to create this routine for you guys.”

D.O nodded, but the guys blinked as they saw 5 other person stand in front of them.

“And I want you to meet my family… The rest of Kingz member to be exact, but after we show you the routine!”

 

The song started, they moved to the center of the room while EXO’s member leaned at the back of the room.

“Whoa I like the routine already!” Kai started to dance mimicking them, of course being the lead dancer as he is.

The song reached the middle part when one particular person’s dance catches D.O’s attention, somehow he can’t take his eyes off that person.

The song ended, they clapped and walked to them, “Hyung!! That one is a ripper!!” Kai and Sehun said in unison, Oguri just laughed.

“So like what I said in the beginning, you guys have to know my family before we move onto our practice. So this is Noppo, Kazuki and Kyle… and that one is ~~~~~, yaah take off your hoodie! It’s so hot in here!”

The person clucked, opened the hoodie and revealed a short wavy hair and body clad in a white wife beater. D.O’s and the other’s mouth hung in shock, the ‘person’ is a girl!!

“I’m Lee ~~~~~, nice to meet you all…” she lazily says.

 

“So! I’m gonna handle Kai and Sehun for this routine. Noppo, you got Suho! Kazuki with Chanyeol, Kyle and Baekhyun… And last but not least, ~~~~~ you got D.O!”

She just nodded while D.O feels his heart skip a beat.

“Hi! We’re gonna work together for this two week, if you have any difficulties or if I show you the moves too fast just tell me,” she smiled and offered her hand, he just nodded and shake her hand.

 

The practice started, ~~~~~ showed him the moves he need to memorize and his part.

“Yah! Did you pay attention at all?” she snapped her fingers infront of him, D.O startled and snapped into reality.

He can’t lie that he’s so mesmerized by her moves, and he’s too busy looking at her that he didn’t realized that she’s already done showing him the routine.

“So in this part, you move your legs to the back and then to the front.” She looked at him as he started to dance, “No no no! Not like that! Move it like you’re almost floating in the air!”

Kai chuckled as he saw D.O in difficulties, Oguri just laughed seeing them, “I think it’s a good idea to let ~~~~~ being paired with D.O, because he’s a little bit slow in terms of learning a dance routine.”

 

“Nah it’s done for today! See you tomorrow!!” Oguri turned off the tape, they wiped off their sweats while sitting on the floor.

Hanin sighed as she wiped her head, it’s already their third day of practicing, suddenly a can of coca cola appeared in front of her.

She look up to see D.O stood in front of her, “Thanks,” she smiled and accepted it.

“So sorry if I’m the slowest between these guys…” he rubbed the back of his neck and smiled apologetically.

“It’s okay… You’re a better learner than Xiu Min though,” she chuckled, he cringed a little as he heard ~~~~~ mention Xiu Min’s name.

“Chinca?” he asked, you nodded, “Well, I’m going now! See ya!” she patted his shoulder and left.

 

“Yah Hyung let’s go back to dorm!” Kai pulled his shirt, he shook his head.

“You guys go first… I still want to practice a little bit,”

“Okay then.”

D.O the player again and start to dance, after the first day of the dance practice, he started to stayed longer in order to practice more.

 

-Your POV-

You come back to the practice room *I hope my hoodies are still there* you thought, when you opened the door you realize that D.O is still there practicing.

*whoa, sure a hardworker* you thought and smiled, you leaned on the door.

He just keep dancing and didn’t notice that you’re there, the song ended and you clapped.

“You’re getting better! But you still have to work up the rap part routine.” You grinned.

He blushed a bit and just nodded, you walked up front and turned the player on again.

“Come on, let’s do it once more.” He blinked, “I thought you’re supposed to be going home now…” he said.

“At the first thought, yeah… But I’d rather teach you than going home, there’s nothing to do in my apartment anyway.” She shrugged, he smiled and then nodded, “Okay, let’s do it again!”

 

You panted and sat down, he sat beside you and wiped his sweats away.

“Thanks for the extra lesson ~~~~~-ssi! I really appreciate that…” you chuckled, “Ung, you’re welcome…”

Both of you stayed silent for a moment and then he break the silence, “Do you want to go to the café down street? I’ll treat you…”

“Hmmm… You don’t have to do that really,” you tilted your head hesitantly.

“Naaah, I’m okay! As a thankyou for staying longer to teach me…” he blushed slightly.

You think for a moment and then nodded, “Okay.”

 

~Café~

You queued on the line with him and scanning the menus as you guys wait for your turn.

“I want an ice chocolate with chocolate bubbles and whip cream on top,” you ordered.

“Iced Caffe Latte for me!” he ordered, you waited for your drinks at the counter when suddenly he says, “Just sit down, I’ll bring it to our table later!” you opened your mouth but he pushed you lightly, “Don’t worry. Just go…”

You nodded and picked the table on the corner beside the window.

As you sat down and rested your chin on your hands, D.O turned around a little and looking at you.

You smiled and waved a little, “Over here!” you mouthed.

He blush a little and turns back to the counter, obviously trying to hide his now red tomatoish face from you.
*ish Do Kyungsoo! Calm yourself down!!* He mentally slapped himself.

 

“Look at that girl’s boyfriend! She’s so lucky to have a gentle boyfriend… I don’t even sure if my own boyfriend is willing to do that!” a girl whispered to her friends and pointing at you two.

You blinked for a moment when her friends speak too, “Yeah, I seldom see boys willing to wait for their girlfriend’s drink or food without a grumpy face…”

You blush a little *but we’re not a couple…*

 

“Here’s your drink…” he put the drink in front of you and sat down, you snapped off from your thought.

“Aaaah, thank you so much…” you smiled, he started to sipped on his drinks.

“Say, ~~~~~-ssi… Have you heard our other song aside from History?”

“Ung! My Lady, Baby Don’t Cry, Into Your World, Two Moons, and What Is Love. Oguri always let us hear the song everytime he’s about to make the dance routine,” you munched the chocolate bubbles.
“What’s your favorite song so far ~~~~~-ssi?”

“First, stop addressing me with ‘ssi’! We’re born on the same year for pete’s sake… using that honorific makes me feel that I’m older than you…” you pouted, “Call me ~~~~~ only, no ‘ssi’!”

“Okay, ~~~~~” he called you, somehow you like it better when he call you that.

“That’s better,” you chuckled, “My favorite ones is ‘What Is Love’… I like your voice in there,” you smiled.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Thanks…” he laughed softly.

You nodded a little and finished your drink, “I want to hear you sing it live, is that okay?”

His eyes widened, “H… here? Now?”

“No. Next year. Duh of course now!” you laughed.

“Now?” he asked hesitantly, he never had a problem singing in public places, after all that’s why he wants to be a singer.

But somehow he feel so nervous when you asked that.

You nodded.

He opened his mouth and start to sing, “I…”

Bam bam bam!! Suddenly your cellphone starts to ring, you fished it out from your pocket and pressed the answer button.

 

He sighed in relief and stared at your face, you nodded a few times and then turned off the phone.

“Sorry D.O… Noppo just called and he needs me to go home for an emergency meeting…” you apologized.
“Gwaenchanayo…” he smiled but inside he feels disappointed that this ‘date’ have to end so quickly.

“Thanks for the drink too!! See ya!!” you wear your hoodie and quickly rushed outside.

He sighed and stirred his drink, suddenly there’s a knock on the window and he look up to see you.

“Bye bye~” you mouthed and waved, he blinked for a second and waved back.

You rushed back and disappear into the streets.

He sits back and couldn’t hide his wide smile *today is a good day after all*