Silently in Love

Silently in Love

"Why are you crying?" 

The girl sitting by the edge of the windows stopped crying and looked up, obviously annoyed at the intruder. 

"Why do you care?" she snapped. 

"Because I like you." He whispered in his heart. 

"I was just being concerned, you know." Woohyun said simply as he sat beside her. 

He was amazed at his own courage. Perhaps it was her tears that triggered him to do this, something he thought he would never do. His heart was racing madly within him as if it was trying its best to become over-exhausted. On the other hand, the girl was surprised. She was surprised that the stranger was not at all offended by her rudeness. This was not what she wanted though. She needed some time alone and was definitely not in the mood to strike up a conversation with some random stranger.

"You don't even know me." She pointed out blankly. 

"I do." He said, trying hard not to let his strained voice betray him. 

"You do?" she eyed him suspiciously.

"School mate." She said as she realised he was in the same school uniform. 

"Just a school mate..." He thought sadly to himself.

"Yes. My name is Nam Woohyun." He finally introduced himself to her.

"I see. My name is Park Hyorin. If that's all, I'm sorry but I am not exactly in the mood to make new friends so do you mind, if you..." She paused and looked over to another seat. 

Woohyun felt his heart sink at her words. Digging through his bag, he left a packet of tissue in her hands before shifting to the next seat. Sitting down at the seat behind her, his eyes trailed to and stopped at her back. He continued observing her quietly despite being long past his bus stop. He noticed that she had resumed crying but was using her hands to wipe off those tears. The tissue he gave her... 

"It's there." He thought as he looked down on the ground. 

He felt that his heart was lying beside the tissue pack at that point. 

The next day at school, Woohun saw Hyorin in the crowd of students. A smile broke out on his face as he saw her smile. However, it soon faded away when someone else came into the picture. It was Lee Howon, Hyorin's boyfriend. He slipped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Woohyun felt a pang at his heart but he ignored the pain. It was just the usual. 

"I am used to it. I am not affected. I am used to it. I am not affected." Woohyun chanted mentally. 

"You made me cry yesterday, you know." She mumbled and pouted cutely. 

"I guess I have to make up for it then." He said with a smirk. 

Then, Howon leaned down and claimed her lips. Woohyun clenched his fists and looked away as the two deepened the kiss. He felt his heart crack a little at their intimacy. It was killing him inside but no one knew. Woohyun looked up and realised they were done with their business. Hyorin left Howon and was walking in his direction. She looked up from her phone, meeting eyes with Woohyun for a brief moment. He allowed himself to get lost in her deep brown eyes that were so mesmerising. He wanted to be trapped in there if it was even possible. Then. she lifted her hand and waved at him. Woohyun felt his heart pumping so hard and excitedly. With the best smile he could manage in the state of shock, he lifted his hand and returned the wave.

"Annyeong, Howon oppa!" She beamed merrily.

Woohyun froze and dropped his right hand instantly. Hyorin then turned and looked at Woohyun for a short second before walking off, unaffected. She did not know. She never knew how Nam Woohyun's heart was cracking bit by bit because of her. After all, he was a nobody to her. Despite her meaning the world to him, he was not even fit to be a speck of dust in her world. He was only a pathetic school boy following her from behind, looking at her from the sidelines and meeting her in his dreams.Woohyun was getting tired. He was tired of keeping his feelings to himself. However, he had sworn that he would never confess. This was because he knew. He knew that his heart would be completely shattered if he had done so.

"Having one's heart cracking bit by bit is still better than getting it shattered mercilessly at one go" was his belief. 

However, he was starting to doubt his own belief.

Because at this very moment, he felt as if his heart had already been shattered beyond repair.

 

Ps. Thank you for subscribing, khunhojjang.
I hope you liked this drabble and would leave me a comment. ^^