Infatuation

Infatuation

 

Infatuation

 

 

Kim Heechul, a 16 year old and 2nd year in the Academy, fiery in both personality and hair wise was slowly rising in the popularity poll in the Academy. He was on the right track to becoming the most sought after boy in the school – by both females and males -- with his exotic hair that framed his face perfectly, or the way he held himself with such absolute self-confidence. Kim Heechul exuded y, and the boy knew it.  

 

 

Whenever he entered a room there would always be three outcomes. First outcome, dead silence because the other students would be too love-struck to say or do anything. The only thing they could do was stare dreamily at the man of their dreams. Second outcome, pure and utter chaos, because the bolder students would fight amongst each other to talk or to eve get a glimpse of the 2nd year. The last outcome was the mixture of both the first and second outcomes. Why is Heechul gathering this much attention from students? Heechul would say that’s just the way it is; deal with it. But there might have also been the teeny, little, unimportant fact that Kim Heechul had the power to make anyone fall in love him. And Heechul liked to overuse and abuse that power…a lot.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Heechul sat on his chair smugly while waiting for the teacher to arrive. He didn’t mind, he was receiving such royal treatment from his classmates that was fit for a king. It was the first class of the day and he had missed breakfast in his haste to get to school, but that didn’t deter Kim Heechul in any way. He just had to let that little fact slip from his mouth – which he did – and his classmates would be feeding him – which they did.

 

 

“Who’s the best?” Heechul asked out loud, not minding at all that his words were muffled due to the food he was piling into his mouth.

 

 

“Heechul! Heechul!” The crowd would chant almost sounding like a cult. An “I-love-Heechul” cult which did, in fact, exist.

 

 

“You’re over doing it, again,” scolded Leeteuk as he entered the classroom. He had hoped in vain that Heechul would have decreased the amount of power he used in a daily basis.  Obviously, that isn’t the case, thought Leeteuk, as he glanced around at the students ogling at Heechul, feeding Heechul, fighting over Heechul.

 

 

Leeteuk let out a sigh as he notice the fight occurring at the far most left corner of the room was starting to turn a little too physical. Leeteuk brought two fingers together and snapped them. The whole class once in disarray was returning to its original orderly state – the state it was before Heechul walked in. Leeteuk was the only exception to Heechul’s power because he had an ability of his own, the power to suppress other’s powers. And thus was in charge with keeping Heechul in check.

 

 

“Leeteuk, you’re no fun. I wanted to see who would win: the girl arguing that my face was my best asset or the girl who said my figure was my best asset.”

 

 

Leeteuk held back his retort as their teacher finally entered the room.

 

 

"Good morning, class!” The teacher greeted the class with his usual cheerful behavior. “Today, we have a quite a surprise: a transfer student all the way from China!” He then motioned in large hand gestures towards the door. A boy, they hadn’t notice before, stood in the middle of the threshold. “His name is Hankyung, so I would like you all to welcome him and make him feel at ease here.”

 

 

Heechul would be lying if he said the new kid wasn’t good looking, because he was – very much so. Maybe not as good looking as himself, thought Heechul, but his looks were above average. The new student had raven-black hair that fell gracefully along the boy’s face as he introduced himself to class with a bow. Hankyung’s eyes were just as black as his hair, but the eyes were so alluring that Heechul couldn’t tear his gaze away from the onyx orbs. 

 

 

“Hankyung, why don’t you take the seat in front of Heechul over there,” suggested the teacher as he pointed the boy over to the empty desk.

 

 

Hankyung complied with the teacher’s wish and walked over to his desk with such grace and smoothness that Heechul thought the floor was the one moving, carrying the new student to his destination. Heechul’s and Hankyung’s eyes met in that moment.

 

 

“Hello,” Hankyung greeted Heechul, a slight Chinese accent making itself known with each syllable the new student spoke.

 

 

Heechul could swear on two things: one, he was sure he felt his heart skip a beat and; second, Hankyung’s accent was the most adorable thing he has ever heard in his life.

 

 

~*~*~

              

 

Heechul thought himself to be very lucky he had Hankyung in another one of his classes. Too bad the class was one his most hated class throughout his school life – gym. The class was being held outdoors in the soccer field under the sun’s unrelenting heat.

 

 

“Kim Heechul, your turn,” yelled the coach from the other side of the field. The class was practicing their soccer drills. The teacher had recruited the help of the school’s soccer team to be obstacles. The objective was to score at least one goal into the net which was practically suicide since the student had to get pass the soccer team – the school team most renowned in the country for winning the championships how many years in a row. So far no one was able to score a goal in.

 

 

“No can do, coach. If I joined in, I would get very sweaty, and you wouldn’t like that. Okay, maybe you would, but I don’t do the whole sweating thing,” said Heechul giving the coach a power-filled grin.

 

 

“R-right,” stuttered the coach deciding to let Heechul slide, though he doesn’t know why he can’t say no to the boy. Choosing not to dwell on that dangerous topic, he moved on to the next student in line. “Hankyung, you’re up!”

 

 

Heechul watched, mouth agape, as Hankyung performed difficult feints, swerves and step-overs, not once did Hankyung ever lose control over the ball. As he neared the goal, Hankyung in one swooping motion performed a bicycle kick successfully landing the ball into the net. Heechul, after getting over the initial shock, noticed the entire field was also mirroring the same facial expression he had moments ago. Who wouldn’t? Hankyung had easily and single-handedly triumphed over the entire soccer team.

 

 

“Wow,” was the only thing that came out of Heechul’s mouth when Hankyung returned to Heechul’s side. He noticed that the new student didn’t even have a single drop of sweat on him after performing that rigorous routine. “You can pass off as a professional! You’re a pro aren’t you?” Heechul exclaimed. “How long have you been playing soccer?”

 

 

“Not long,” mumbled Hankyung. He was looking down at the floor a bit red with embarrassed from the attention. He scuffed his shoes against the grassy terrain before confessing, “Actually, this was my first time playing soccer.”

 

 

Heechul felt his mouth drop once more. “You have got to be kidding me! It can’t be you’re first time, because that was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen! The best!”

 

 

Hankyung looked up from the ground, surprised by the red head’s outburst. The new student felt the corners of his mouth lift slowly until it turned into a full-out beaming smile. Heechul for the first time felt his cheeks flush red from the sheer intensity of Hankyung’s smile directed at him and caused by him.

 

 

Heechul himself smiled like an idiot in return, and then remembered that he was Kim Heechul, and this type of behavior was something he thought he would never go through. “Oh, look at the time.” Heechul said suddenly as he backed away from the new student. He could already feel his face heating up even more, and he needed to flee before anyone saw him like this. “See you around, Hankyung.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“What’s up with you? You’re all red,” asked Leeteuk in concern. It was lunch period and Leeteuk and Heechul were seated at their usual table in the center of the cafeteria with their friends. Not once had Heechul used his ability in the noise-filled cafeteria, and that was something that justified his concern. Leeteuk knew Heechul loved to use his ability at any possible chance. 

 

 

“Maybe he’s in love?” laughed Kangin, a first-year who sat on the right of Leeteuk. The boy had dark brown hair that was styled upwards in a messy fashion. He also happened to be Leeteuk’s boyfriend. Heechul wondered how that was even possible. Heechul knew Leeteuk could do better, though that was the small part of him that disliked Kangin taking away his best friend talking.

 

 

Heechul decided to pass on taking the bait that usually ended up with him and Kangin in a verbal spar. Heechul just remained quiet as he considered the fact that he may be in love—no, like with Hankyung. He was feeling too many emotions in one day, so that’s got to be love, right? The redhead just thought that the whole confessing part would be a bit troublesome. What if Hankyung didn’t feel the same way?

 

 

“Me in love?” snorted Heechul, finally looking up from his untouched food. “I don’t fall in love. People fall in love with me.”

 

 

That was when Heechul thought up with the most brilliant idea he had ever come up with in his entire life.

 

 

~*~*~

              

 

Heechul hoped Hankyung was in his last class. For his plan to work, the new student had to be in it. The gods were shining down on Heechul today as he entered the classroom he noticed the familiar black tresses and obsidian orbs of a certain Chinese transfer student. Heechul’s plan was simple, but was known to be very effective. He just had to use his ability on Hankyung. This way rejection wasn’t an option at all.

 

              

“Alright,” said Heechul shrugging his should as he prepared to blast Hankyung with one of his well-known and effective power-filled grins. “Gimme me the love,” he muttered under his breath before walking up to the front of Hankyung’s desk. “Hello, Hankyung,” Heechul said with the brightest smile he could muster.

 

 

“Hi, Heechul,” replied Hankyung with a grin of his own.

 

 

Heechul’s smile faltered. Nothing happened at all, Hankyung’s behavior was still the same as this morning. The Chinese student wasn’t even making any of the telltale signs of a person falling under his ‘spell.’ Not one to give up, Heechul concentrated even harder. One by one the students in the class started to turn their attention towards Heechul, completely forgetting about the teacher up in the front giving out an important lecture. Heechul paid none of them any heed; they weren’t the one he was aiming for.

 

 

Heechul spent the whole class period trying to get his powers to affect Hankyung, but to his displeasure nothing worked. When the bell rang, he quickly stormed off from the classroom angry and confused.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Why isn’t it working? The question was swirling around in Heechul’s mind as he paced back and forth from one end of his dorm room to the other end, much to the annoyance of his Leeteuk who also happened to be his roommate. “My powers never failed me before,” Heechul mumbled to himself. Once Leeteuk was asleep, Heechul spent the whole night trying to come up with different methods to get his powers to work.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Method 1: Concentration.

 

              

Heechul retried the usual concentration on Hankyung which entailed over excessive staring and wide ear to ear grins. As usual, he was seated right behind Hankyung. He kept his attention on Hankyung and only Hankyung, never allowing himself to lose sight of the transfer student. But there will still no sign of Hankyung displaying any signs of being affected.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“Heechul, what are you up to?” Leeteuk whispered to Heechul one day in class, tired of having to spend his day bringing the whole school back to their senses.

 

 

“What does it-? It’s you isn’t it!” said Heechul in an accusing yell. He jabbed an accusatory finger to the front of Leeteuk’s face, or Heechul hoped he was pointing it in the correct direction. 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“You’re blocking off my powers aren’t you?” Heechul continued to fire accusation after accusation at his friend.

 

 

“I’m not doing anything,” said Leeteuk in defense. He had no idea what his friend was talking about.  “Wait, you’re up to something aren’t you!”

 

 

“Me?”

              

 

“You know, when we’re having a conversation, I’d like to be talking to you face to face. It’s only making you seem more suspicious,” said Leeteuk in exasperation. Throughout their conversation, Heechul hasn’t even once lifted his gaze away from the back of Hankyung’s head.

 

 

“You know-” Heechul started to respond wittily, but was interrupted by the sharp ringing of the school bell. He dropped his head into his hands in frustration. “A whole period, and there isn’t even a tiniest bit of reaction,” he murmured into the palm of his hands.

 

 

“Is there something on my face?” asks Hankyung, finally free to turn around and talk to the other boy without the risk of being scolded by the teacher. He was wondering why Heechul has been staring at him the past few days.

 

 

 “No, your face is perfect,” groaned Heechul as he got up from his desk. He kicked the poor desk out of frustration before leaving the classroom.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Plan 2: Stalking Following.

 

 

It was late at night once more when Heechul returned to pacing to come up with a new plan. He couldn’t figure out why his powers working. Especially if Leeteuk said that he wasn’t interfering in any way at all. After a few hours, he came to the conclusion that maybe a whole class period wasn’t enough time to get his powers to work on Hankyung. So, he came up with the idea of following Hankyung 24/7.

 

 

~*~*~

              

 

The very next day Heechul followed Hankyung everywhere – discreetly, of course. Heechul didn’t care if he was skipping classes to do so. He just wanted Hankyung. He followed the transfer student to the bathroom, cafeteria, and even stalked – er, trailed – outside the classes they didn’t have together. Heechul was already letting his powers out on full blast mode. Students walking in the halls were practically fainting at the sight of the redhead. But still no effect whatsoever on the man Heechul wanted his powers to work on so badly.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“I don’t get it!” Heechul yelled as he punched the wall to let out his frustration. Hankyung stood a few feet away, but wasn’t even falling under the effects of his powers. Heechul stood hidden at the corner of the clutter of lockers, trying to stay hidden from sight. “Why isn’t it working?” He peered once more from his corner, and noticed that Hankyung was now talking to a fellow classmate.

 

 

 “Work, work!” Heechul repeated the words over and over in a monotone voice.

 

 

“Okay, you’re kind of freaking me out.”

 

 

Heechul immediately turned around to the direction of where the voice came from. He didn’t want to get caught stalking, following another student. He sighed in relief when he the person who spoke was just Yesung. “Go away.”

 

 

“I just wanted to help,” said Yesung with a pout.  He continued to emphasize his hurt by faking sniffling sounds. “You don’t have to be so mean about it.” .

 

 

“Why do you think I would need help...Wait, you can tell me my future!”

 

 

“Uh, the help I was planning on was advice,” said Yesung as he gave Heechul a look. Heechul just returned with a pointed look of his own. “I yield, I yield,” mumbled Yesung before bringing up his right hand and began to slowly remove his black glove covering it.  

 

 

“If I wanted advice, I would have gone to that Kangteuk couple.”

 

 

“Alright, give me your hand.” Yesung ordered as he took Heechul’s hand in his own. After a few quick seconds, he released his hold on the redhead’s hand.

 

 

“That’s it?”

 

 

Yesung nodded his head and began to explain, “My powers just work by touch. Anyway, you an-”

 

 

“That must be it!” Heechul interrupted, and gave Yesung a pat on the shoulder for the brilliant idea which Heechul will deny with all his being in the future that he ever said such words to Yesung.

 

 

“Wait, what?” asks Yesung in confusion. There was no reply to Yesung’s question that hung in the air for Heechul was already running down the halls.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“My powers may work better with skin contact!” Heechul exclaimed back in his midnight headquarters which was consists of his school desk, a lamp, and a blanket to cover up the light as to make sure not to wake up Leeteuk who had threatened Heechul for the nth time with death if he woke him up in the middle of the night again.

 

 

“That’s definitely it,” said Heechul happily. “My powers will work better if I actually touched him!” Heechul then spent the whole night listing down ways he can touch Hankyung without creeping out the transfer student..

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Method 3: Physical Contact.

 

 

“Good morning, Hankyung!” Heechul greeted in a cheery tone reminiscent of their first class teacher. Heechul practically threw himself on the transfer student to give him a hug.

 

 

“M-morning,” replied Hankyung, too surprised to say anything else, especially when he felt the redhead’s arm snake around his waist.

 

 

“Let’s get seated,” said Heechul, entwining his hand with Hankyung’s hand and lead him to where Leeteuk was seated. The seat that Leeteuk occupied was directly located at the side of Heechul’s very own desk. Leeteuk looked up from his book warily; knowing the look in Heechul’s eyes meant nothing good. His suspicions were rooted with accuracy when he heard Heechul say, “Leeteuk, move it! Hankyung is going to sit there for today.”

 

 

“O-oh, I’ll just sit on my own seat,” said Hankyung softly a little confused, but he couldn’t stop himself from turning red in the face.

 

 

“No, it’s okay. You’re going to move, right Leeteuk?” Heechul asked his friend in a slow, but dangerous tone.  He did not notice Hankyung’s change in color. Heechul didn’t even give Leeteuk a chance to reply, before just blatantly pushed his friend out of his seat.

 

 

Leeteuk stood up quickly to get a better footing to avoid a mishap with his face and the neighboring desk. He took a few breaths, making sure he was nice and calm, before turning back to Heechul and Hankyung. “Yeah, you can sit here Hankyung,” said Leeteuk with a fake smile plastered on his face. Classmates who were watching the ordeal nearby scooted a few feet away noticing that expression on Leeteuk’s face. A facial expression he used when he was utterly pissed. Too bad the look had no effect on Heechul.

 

 

“Sit, sit.” Heechul motioned Hankyung to the seat Leeteuk was occupying just a moment ago. He gathered most of Leeteuk’s things and unceremoniously dumped them in Hankyung’s old seat. Leeteuk grumpily stomped off to his new seat, but not without giving Heechul one last glare.

 

 

After Hankyung took his seat, Heechul placed his hands in Hankyung’s once more. Heechul thought that physical contact would give his powers a boost, but still there was no reaction whatsoever from the transfer student. When the bell rang signifying the end of the class, Heechul noted that he and Hankyung were still holding hands. He wondered why Hankyung didn’t shake off his hand, but let that question pass because his anger and frustration were slowly rising again. Why won’t it work! He felt the sudden need to kick something. He let go of Hankyung’s hand and then walked out the classroom.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Method 4: His Trump Card.

 

 

Heechul couldn’t take it anymore. All of his plans were ending in a big fat failure. He was walking down the hallway when he noticed Hankyung, on the opposite side, walking towards him with a nervous smile on his face. Heechul now knew he had to resort to his secret weapon, he didn’t want to use, but Heechul was getting desperate. It was his sure fire way of getting his powers to work.

 

 

“Heechul,” started Hankyung as he worked out the courage to form his thoughts into words. “I-”

 

 

Whatever Hankyung was going to say was forgotten as Heechul suddenly grabbed Hankyung by the collar and forcefully pulled the transfer student into a kiss. Heechul was just forcing his lips on Hankyung’s. Heechul’s heart raced at his own daring. He pushed the feeling he had fluttering in his stomach down – getting his powers to work was top priority. He can make-out all he wants with Hankyung when the boy was finally in love with him.  

 

 

Hankyung stood still, arms hanging limp on his sides, the shock was too great. But surely, and slowly, his brain finally began to function and register the fact that he was locking lips with Heechul. He subconsciously wrapped his arms around the redhead’s waist as he returned the kiss.  The moment was short-lived when he felt Heechul pull away from the kiss. 

 

 

“Did it work?” Heechul mumbles as he reluctantly puts space between the Chinese man and himself. Heechul fully expected to see a-ready-to-faint Hankyung, because hey, he used his trump card. His powers were definitely supposed to work, and at full power at that! But when he finally looked at Hankyung, he saw that the transfer student was still very much conscious.

 

 

“Heechul, I was going to say this before,” said Hankyung, finally gaining confidence to continue his train of thought from before they kissed. “I-”

 

 

“Why didn’t it work?” Heechul groaned cutting off Hankyung once again. He kicked the nearest object which happened to be a trash can before storming off, leaving a bewildered Hankyung behind.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“Alright,” said Heechul as he took the empty seat in between Leeteuk and Yesung in the cafeteria. He swallowed his pride and turned to face Leeteuk. “I need your help.”

 

 

“You need my help?” Leeteuk asked incredulously. He nearly almost spit out the beverage he had been drinking before Heechul interrupted them. “So what’s giving the all mighty Heechul problems?”

 

 

“Love.” 

 

              

“I thought you ‘created the love,’” quoted Leeteuk, quirking an eyebrow at Heechul’s direction.

 

              

“I thought I could, too!” Heechul erupted as he slams his hands down on the plastic cafeteria table. “I can have anyone fall in love me! They would do whatever I say! They would even my shoes if I told them to!”

 

              

“Then what’s your problem?”

 

 

“It’s not working on the one I want it to!”

 

 

 “And who would that be?”

 

 

“Hankyung,” Yesung answered for Heechul, wanting to make himself known. He rolled his eyes when Leeteuk and Heechul just started at him as if asking: when did he get here? “I swear you guys forgot I was even here.”

 

 

“Hankyung?” Leeteuk repeated. Leeteuk’s brow furrowed a clear sign of his confusion. “I thought you two were already together.”

 

 

“What’re you talking about?” asked Heechul.

 


“Well, for the past two weeks, you kept staring at him, and the day before that you kept complimenting his looks.” Leeteuk was ticking his fingers as he kept listing down reasons why he thought the two were dating. “Then I saw you following him around, he noticed you once you know, but he seemed okay with it, which is kind of weird. He smiles your way when you’re not looking, too. Then there was this morning. You were all over him, and I even saw you two holding hands. He looked like he was enjoying it.”

 

 

“And you kissed him,” added Yesung in a sing song voice.

 

              

“H-how did you know that?” choked Heechul.

 

 

“You guys already kissed!” gasped Leeteuk, as he exaggeratingly brought a hand to cover his mouth. Then his jokinh was washed away with a feeling of bitterness as he remembered his own problem with his boyfriend. “Kangin hasn’t even kissed me yet…” he mumbles slightly displeased that they’ve been dating for more than month and there was Heechul and Hankyung who aren’t even dating.

 

 

“I kissed him…” says Heechul slowly. “Oh my god, I kissed him!” he repeated faster and much more alarmed. All the facts that Leeteuk listed down were completely forgotten as the redhead tried to wrap his mind around the fact that he had kissed Hankyung. He had kissed Hankyung who wasn’t under his power’s influence after the kiss. How am I going to face him now!

 

              

“I kissed him…” Heechul repeats again almost inaudible. He hoped that this was all a dream, if Hankyung didn’t like him back… Heechul slowly rose from his seat and walked away still muttering the same phrase over and over.

 

 

“How’d you know that?” Leeteuk asked Yesung.

 

 

“Future-seeing, remember?” he said waving up his gloved right hand.

 

 

 “Should I go after him?”

 

 

“Nope.”

 

 

“So you probably know how this whole thing’s going to end, right?”

 

 

“Yup.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Heechul was walking around campus aimlessly. His hands were stuffed into his pocket as he walked with each step careful and slow; the light crunching noises of dried leaves could be heard as walked through the landscape. He had ignored the students who were trying to strike some conversation with the boy along the path. Heechul was too busy to notice because he was trying to recall the kiss he shared with Hankyung. He wondered if Hankyung kissed back, because he couldn’t remember anything else. He was too focused on getting his powers to work that he failed to note any reaction from the other – if there was one.

 

 

“Heechul!”

 

 

Heechul stopped walking frozen in place. There zeroing in on him from the opposite path was the object of his thoughts. The black-haired transfer studen’s silhouette contrasted with the scenery. The leaves of the trees were yellowed and brightly orange in this time of autumn while Hankyung was black in hair and attire making him all the more visible and noticeable despite the distance. The transfer student waved frantically and was quite relieved that he was able to find Heechul. He was walking briskly now, so that he could close the distance between them.

 

 

“,” panicked Heechul, and before he knew it, he was already running away in the opposite direction. The last thing he wanted was a confrontation with Hankyung, especially when he had absolutely no clue as to what the boy wanted to say. But Heechul knew with a feeling of dread that the Chinese man wanted to talk about the kiss.

 

 

Hankyung not one to give up chased after Heechul no matter how much distance was starting spreading between them. Then Hankyung thought of an idea. He swung himself up on a tree and started leaping from one tree to the next executing a series of flips when the distance was too far. .

 

 

Heechul stopped running when he couldn’t hear the footfalls of his pursuer. He turned around to see that there was no one there at all. Where did he go? That was when he caught a glimpse of a blur of black on his peripherals. There swinging from tree to tree was Hankyung. To Heechul it looked more like the Chinese boy was flying from the way he gracefully moved from one tree to the next..

 

 

“Why are you running away?” Hankyung asked as he landed perfectly in front of Heechul. He took hold of Heechul’s hand, slowly wrapping his fingers around the other boy’s palms. Hankyung didn’t want Heechul to run away from him though he was confused as to why the boy was acting weird all of a sudden.

 

 

“How did you do that?” Heechul asked once he was able to form words again after the astonishment he held had faded away. He was oblivious to Hankyung’s   

 

 

“I’m athletic…?” Hankyung offered up lamely. He knew it was pathetic attempt and he knew by the skeptical look on the boy’s face that Heechul wasn’t buying it one bit.

 

 

“That’s impossible! What you did was impossible.”

 

 

“You wouldn’t believe me…”

 

 

“Try me.” Heechul turned to the other boy giving him a look and he brought his free arm to his hip. His whole body posture was telling Hankyung that he wanted to know what the other meant now.

 

 

“I’ve always been able to imitate any movement I’ve seen. It doesn’t matter if it could actually be performed in reality, I can also imitate fictional movement. It’s like my body adjusts to the physical strain,” said Hankyung nervously. He was looking down at the ground when he was explaining his ability. He didn’t mind telling the other boy his secret. He just hoped that Heechul would believe him. Hankyung noticed that he was rambling and ended his statement with, “It’s like a superpower, I guess.”

 

 

 “Incredible,” breathed Heechul.

 

 

Hankyung let out a sigh of relief observed that Heechul didn’t show any signs of ridicule or mockery. His gaze then travelled down to his own hand which was still holding on to the other boy. Hankyung’s heart sped up as he finally reached the resolve to say what he had wanted to say, “Heechul, I have something that I’ve been trying to tell-”

 

 

“So during gym that one day, that was you using your power?” Heechul wondered out loud. So that’s why he could perform those difficult soccer moves even though it was his first time playing the game.

 

              

“Yeah. Heechul, actually, I-”

 

 

“I can’t believe you have powers, too. It is a small world-” 

 

 

Hankyung, finally tired of being interrupted for how many times this week, interrupts Heechul with a soft kiss.  “Do I have your attention now? Heechul I lo-”

 

 

“Wait,” interjected Heechul as he brought a hand up to emphasize his command -- much to the exasperation of Hankyung. “Let me talk first. I’ve been trying all things to get you to love me. I’ll try it the normal human way.” He cleared his throat, “Hankyung, are you listening to me?” He asked when he noticed the other boy was banging his head on the tree. He heard a mumbled ‘yes,’ from the transfer student and continued, “Hankyung, I love you.”

 

 

Hankyung stopped from his head banging when he heard the other man’s confession. He looked at Heechul and noticed the seriousness shining through the other boy’s eyes. “I love you, too,” he replied with a whisper. “I just have one thing to ask, why did you leave after you kissed me?”

 

 

“I was angry,” came Heechul’s simple reply.

 

 

“Was I that bad of a kisser?”

 

 

“To be honest, I don’t remember.”

 

 

 Hankyung’s jaw dropped at that.

 

 

“I have a secret, too,” says Heechul quickly to placate the other boy. He explained his everything to Hankyung starting with his power and ending with the plans he has come up with to bewitch the other boy.

 

 

“So that explains everything. The staring, the stalking-”

 

 

“I wasn’t stalking! It was following. There’s a difference.”

 

              

 “-the following,” corrected the transfer student. “The excessive touching, then the kiss…” He was tilting his head to the side as he listed the strange actions the boy did throughout the past month.

 

 

“But you enjoyed it, didn’t you,” Heechul said boldly with a smirk.

 

              

“Every moment,” replied Hankyung. He brought his arms up to wrap them around the redhead’s waist to engulf into a hug. “I love you,” he whispers into Heechul’s neck.

 

 

“Since when?”

 

              

“Since the moment I first laid eyes on you.”

 

 

“That line has been used many times,” said Heechul with a roll of eyes. He couldn’t hold back the laughter that came afterwards when he noticed that Hankyung said that line with such seriousness. He tried his best to stifle his laughter when Hankyung started frowning from the boy’s sudden burst of laughter. “That line was too cliché,” explained Heechul.

 

              

Hankyung remained quiet for a moment with a thoughtful look and then offered, “How about, in a way, your powers have already affected me.”

 

              

Heechul nodded at that sentiment, but thought of a better explanation. “I’m going to risk my reputation by saying something really corny right now, but,” started Heechul as he looked directly into the onyx eyes of his boyfriend. Heechul felt a small giddiness rise in his gut at the word, a smile spreading across his face. “I think the reason why my power had no effect on you because you were already in love with me.” He smile only widened when Hankyung leaned in to claim his lips.

 

.End.

~*~*~

 

A/N: 

Well, that's it for our two love birds~ 

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed reading this! 

Love,

Spring Samurai