1

Falling For You (Oneshot)

Yoseob doesn’t know how it happens; he doesn’t know when he starts having these feelings for the older man. He doesn’t know when he starts being so clingy over his hyung. He comes back to the dorm exhausted after a long day of practice and drags his tired body into the bedroom, collapsing onto his bed, shutting his eyes, and waiting for sleep to take over. Just before he falls asleep, though, he always feels another pair of arms wrapping themselves around his torso and pulling him closer. Yoseob ignores it though, letting his exhaustion take over and drifting off to sleep.

- - - -

Yoseob doesn’t know how long he’s been sleeping when he wakes up to find himself alone in the bed. Groaning and mumbling incoherent words he sits up and rubs the sleep from his eyes. He looks around the room and finds the maknae asleep in the bed next to his. Their busy schedules and practices combined with the promotions and TV shows are taking their toll on everyone. He slowly gets up from the bed and walks into the bathroom, looking in the mirror and noticing how pale his face had gotten. He touches the dark spots under his eyes and groans then looks down and slowly moves his hands to his waist before looking back in the mirror. He hasn’t been eating much lately and it shows; he weighs less than he did a few weeks ago. Sighing, he splashes some water on his face before walking out of the bathroom and into the living room.

“Yoseob, you slept through dinner. Want some ramen? There’s still some left,” he hears Hyunseung call from the kitchen. He responds back with a quick yes, then proceeds to the couch and sits down next to Junhyung. He looks at the rapper, noticing how pale he looks too. He then moves his eyes down to his waist. The older was always skinny to begin with, but now he just looks unhealthy. Their schedules kept them so busy they hardly have any time to eat anymore.

“Hyung, did you eat dinner?” the younger asks, worried. Junhyung responds with a yes, keeping his eyes on the TV. Yoseob continues to look at him for a few moments, worried about his physical state, before he finally tears his eyes away from the older and looks at the TV. Hyunseung walks into the living room carrying a bowl of ramen and places it in front of Yoseob on the small table, then sits down next to him. The three of them continue to watch TV together while the younger eats. By the time he finishes his ramen he notices how dark it has gotten outside and feels the weight of a head on his shoulder. When Yoseob looks down, he notices the man is asleep. Yoseob stares for a while at the sleeping boy; he notices how close his face is to the older. He lets his eyes travel down to the sleeping boys lips and wonders for a second just what would it feel like to have those lips pressed against his own before he quickly shakes the thoughts out of his head.

- - - - 

He looks out the window at the lights of the cars and buildings that always seem brighter in the dark. His body aches from the long practice; His muscles are sore and his feet and legs are numb. He sighs and rubs at a spot on his shoulder, whining slightly from the pain. Hyunseung looks at the younger boy, concern etched into his features. He gently pulls him to lie down and puts his head on his lap. Yoseob is surprised at first but too tired to do anything and slowly closes his eyes. Hyunseung smiles, “It’s a long ride home, sleep for a while.” The younger nods and thinks about how comfy Hyunseung’s lap feels, wondering how it would feel to snuggle with the older man every night like this. He ignores the thoughts, though, and finally drifts off to sleep while Hyunseung runs his fingers through the sleeping boy’s hair.

- - - -  

It’s finally their day off and the members deicide to spend the day shopping. Yoseob excitedly agrees, happy that he doesn’t have to exert energy that he doesn’t have on more dancing. It takes about a 20 minute drive and some arguing between Junhyung and Kikwang, about how Junhyung doesn’t need any more coke, and yes he does, and coke makes you fat, and he’s skinner than the rest of them so why does it matter? The fighting lasts the whole car ride until they finally arrive and are too distracted by looking in all the shop windows to remember what they were fighting about. Doojoon tells the group what time to be back at this same spot and lectures them about behaving in public and warns them about fangirls asking for autographs until he wastes 10 minutes of their time and Junhyung finally tells him to shut up. Doojoon glares and reminds them once again to meet back here until he finally turns away and walks off into a sports shop.

­Junhyung immediately walks off with Kikwang following close behind to some shop that sells drinks and food and buys himself a coke which makes Kikwang remember the fight in the car and causes another argument. Dongwoon, who followed his hyungs, attempts to calm them down while the argument only continues. Hyunseung smiles at Yoseob and asks him what he would like to do. 

Yoseob smiles shyly, “Whatever you want to do is fine.” The older chuckles and responds back, “I want to do whatever you want to do.” Hyunseung smiles when he catches Yoseob blushing. “Cute,” he thinks. The two walk around and stop at a candy shop. They walk inside and Hyunseung laughs as he watches Yoseob run around the store, looking around like a child that just walked into a toy shop. The younger glances at all the shiny wrappers and colorful rainbow candies stuffed in bags and bins around the store. Hyunseung chuckles and thinks how adorable it is when the younger begs him to buy him multiple different kinds of candy. Of course he complies and the two walk out of the shop with Yoseob holding a big bag and chewing on some candy that is bound to make him hyper later.

They stop at a clothing shop and Hyunseung looks around with Yoseob following closely behind. Hyunseung grabs a few things off the racks and walks over to the dressing room. Yoseob nods and sits on a small couch outside the changing rooms when the older man tells him to wait a few minutes while he tries things on. Yoseob can’t help but wonder what those clothes look like on him and how hot Hyunseung must look in those jeans and that top until he realizes the thoughts are coming back and he quickly pushes them to the back of his head. Hyunseung comes out a few minutes later and they both walk to the register. The older boy pays for the clothes and walks out of the shop unconsciously holding the younger’s hand. Yoseob doesn’t say anything though and quietly keeps walking, blushing the whole time.

- - - -  

Yoseob doesn’t realize that he’s staring until Hyunseung chuckles and asks him what he is looking at. The older brushes some hair out of the youngers eyes and keeps looking down at the head on his lap. Yoseob blushes and responds with “nothing" and looks back at the TV quickly. Hyunseung shrugs it off and plays with Yoseobs hair while they watch the movie together from their spot on the couch. The younger then decides out of everyone in the group, Hyunseungs lap is the comfiest.

“Yoseob, do you like anyone?” The younger feels like something’s stuck in his throat because he can’t respond. When Hyunseung asks again he’s still left without an answer and looks down curiously at the younger on his lap and asks one more time. Yoseob looks up at him, not knowing why he suddenly can’t respond or why his chest feels tight when he looks into Hyunseungs eyes. The older shrugs it off again and looks back at the TV. The thoughts come spilling back into Yoseobs mind and he decides to allow himself to think about them, but only for a few minutes. Could he possibly like the older? Sure he feels something for Hyunseung and sure Yoseob is closer to the older boy than he is to the rest of the members. He was always more clingy and possessive to Hyunseung than anyone else. The thoughts get jumbled in his head and he feels confused and questions his feelings over and over again and he doesn’t realize he’s staring again until Hyunseung tells him. He snaps back to reality and looks up at the older and decides in that moment he is in love with Jang Hyunseung.

- - - -  

Hyunseung doesn’t understand why Yoseob has been avoiding him for the past few days. He wonders if he did anything wrong to upset the younger boy and frowns at the thought. He doesn’t understand why after a long day of tiring practices he comes home to see Yoseob laying on the couch with his head in Junhyung’s lap and the older man’s fingers are running through Yoseob’s soft hair. He feels his chest tighten but ignores it, walking to the kitchen and makes himself food.

He doesn’t understand why Yoseob is clinging to Doojoon and begging the older to buy him the chocolate cake he really wants. Usually he’d be clinging to Hyunseung, asking him for cake, knowing that the older male would never refuse him. 

He doesn’t understand when he finds Yoseob in the kitchen feeding Dongwoon ice cream. Or why they’re both smiling and looking at each other while they eat out of the same bowl. He doesn’t understand why Yoseob pays attention to everyone else but him. Dongwoon asks if he wants any of the ice cream and Hyunseung shakes his head, quietly saying no and proceeds to the bedroom, collapsing onto the bed and sighing. He lets the thoughts of Yoseob fill his head before he finally drifts off to sleep.

- - - -  

He still doesn’t understand when he comes home to Kikwang and Yoseob sitting on the couch, talking and giggling and he most definitely doesn’t understand why he feels so upset about it. He still doesn’t understand when he finds himself walking over to the two and grabbing Yoseob off the couch before pulling him into the bedroom and closing the door.

“What was that for?” the younger questions, looking at Hyunseung.

“Why are you avoiding me?” the older boy questions. Their eyes meet for a second before Yoseob tilts his head down to the floor, which now seems very interesting to stare at. “Yoseob..,” Hyunseung speaks quietly and the younger can clearly hear the hurt in his voice. Hyunseung moves his hand slowly to Yoseob’s chin, using it to tilt his face up to look at him. The younger boy looks up, staring into Hyunseung’s eyes with a frown on his face and a sad gleam in his eyes.

“Yoseob…,” Hyunseung’s voice is calmer now as he pulls the boy into a tight hug, rubbing his back softly. They stay like this for what seems like hours to Yoseob, but in reality is only a few minutes. Yoseob has his face buried in the older man’s chest, inhaling the scent of his shirt.

Yoseob likes the unique smell of the dancer.  He loves the way his clothes smell after he gets out of the shower. They smell exactly like the body wash he always uses, strawberry. The vocalist inhales once more, trying to memorize the scent as thoughts of how he was about to permanently ruin his friendship with the dancer run through his head.

The visual calms down finally, taking a deep breath shakily and sighing as he speaks, “I love you.” Taken aback by the words coming out of the vocalist’s mouth, he pulls him away gently, looking him in the eyes and keeping hold on his shoulders.

“Is that why you were avoiding me,” the older questions, looking back the staring boy who nods slowly. The dancer chuckles, ruffling the vocalist’s hair, “You’re cute.” The younger boy stares at the 4D dancer, upset and confusion obvious on his face. “Did you hear what I just said?” Yoseob questions, keeping his eyes focused on Hyunseung who lets out a small chuckle and responds back with a “Yes, I did.” The visual, eyes sparkling with years, questions further. “That’s it? I’m cute?”

Another laugh from the older, “and stupid.” Yoseob, a frown still visible on his face, moves his gaze back to the ground, hiding his tear stained face from Hyunseung and replying with a “fine,” before he turns away and starts heading for the bedroom door. 

Before he’s halfway across the room, though, he feels a hand on his wrist pull him back and in another second he’s facing Hyunseung again. The younger doesn’t have time to speak before he feels a pair of lips press against his and two arms wrap around his waist, pulling him closer. His eyes close and he lets the thoughts flood his mind, slowly bringing his arms up behind the older man’s neck, interlocking his fingers together.

They stay like that for a while, bodies pressed closely together, ignoring the sounds of Doojoon and Junhyung’s arguing from the living room about the rapper being out of his precious coke, or the sound of Kikwang and Dongwoon’s video game coming from the living room. They stand alone in their own created silence, lips connected, minds focusing on nothing else but each other. Hyunseung is the one to break the kiss, looking down at the smaller boy pressed against him. He tightens his hold on the younger’s waist, whispering into the silence, “I love you.” Yoseob smiles and hears a small chuckle from the older when he closes his eyes, head laying on his chest, “I love you too.”

- - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  - - - - 

This took me a really long time to write and I had to write it over the course of a few days because of how busy I am with school. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. I really think Hyunseob is adorable and theres a lack of it. Hope you like it :)