Ridiculous

Ridiculous

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

         

Ridiculous. Kyuhyun thought as he watched, quite amazed, how everyone turned to look at that certain red head with admiration eyes, some of them forgetting even how to eat or grab a fork. Even the one in front of him, Key, the only one that actually talked to him in his very first day of classes in that high school, was looking at him idiotically.

“Who’s that?” Kyuhyun asked frowning lightly.

Key turned to Kyuhyun. “That’s Hyukjae,” he said, his eyes turning involuntary towards the said boy. “But don’t dream about him, he will never notice you,” he continued now looking at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun shrugged and focused on his food once again. “He’s not my type,” he said not even minding everyone enow, laughing mentally at them for being so stupid to go after someone who was probably really stupid.

“You can’t be serious!” Key said opening his eyes widely. “He’s everyone’s type!”

Kyuhyun frowned, now feeling a little annoyed at how the conversation was all about the red head. “Well, not mine,” he insisted with a final tone of voice that shut Key up.

The bell rang and he went to his classroom, bidding goodbye to Key because they were going to go to different classes.

Finally he arrived and sat down on the seat everyone told him was empty, he closed his eyes and ignored all the girls that wanted to start a conversation with him; he knew he was handsome, but it was annoying at a certain point.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes when silent came and he fixed himself because he thought the teacher finally came.

Ridiculous, Kyuhyun thought again, because people went silent when a certain -and awkward- red head entered the classroom, literally escorted by those three handsome men that looked like they wanted to kill everyone who got near their precious Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun looked, or more like stared, to the small figure looking down and smiling when someone called his name.

"Hyukjae! How have you been?" someone Kyuhyun didn't know asked and Kyuhyun saw how Hyukjae smiled widely and said a soft and smooth 'I'm fabulous! Thanks! How have you been lately Sulli-shi?'

And then it was even a little unbelievable how the supposed to be perfection of the school remembered the name of the girl that asked him. But then again, he wasn't really interested about that.

"Hyukkie, we'll let you here, we'll come later when class ends okay?" a tall, and according to the girls next to Kyuhyun, handsome guy, said softly to the small boy who just nodded with a huge grin in his lips.

"Hyukjae-shi, will you participate in the athletics competition the next week?" someone, once again, unknown to Kyuhyun, said and the said boy turned to him with a small pout.

"I don't think I will Minho-shi, last time I fell when running and we lost because of me...," Hyukjae said biting his lower lip.

Kyuhyun snorted, why was everyone focusing on Hyukjae? He was the new kid, wasn't he supposed to have a little more of attention?

After a few minutes of everyone asking things to Hyukjae and the three men from before going out from the classroom, Hyukjae seemed to go finally to his seat.

Of course he had to sit next to me, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Hello," Kyuhyun heard the same soft voice.

"You don't have to be nice to me," Kyuhyun said rather coldly, "I'm not interested in becoming one of your followers."

Ridiculous. Kyuhyun thought again, because he felt guilty when he saw Hyukjae's slightly hurt expression, and when he turned around, everyone was glaring at him, probably for making their precious prince hurt.

"Ahhh... I see...," Hyukjae chuckled bitterly. "I'm sorry for disturbing you then," he said and turned around again, taking out his book and placing it in the table.

Maybe Kyuhyun should have apologized, but it was fine, he wasn't going to make friends with the boy, he didn't need to.

The teacher arrived and introduced Kyuhyun, he heard some girls say how handsome was he and how cool he looked. Of course he was, he was Cho ing Kyuhyun they were talking about. And when he looked at Hyukjae from the front of the classroom he discovered he was smiling softly at him, as if he was happy that Kyuhyun entered that school.

It was math class, Kyuhyun was awesome at math and he knew he would impress more than one.

Ridiculous! Kyuhyun exclaimed in his mind, because every time the teacher asked something to the class, Hyukjae would be the first one to raise his hand and give the correct answer, sometimes Kyuhyun would raise it first, but it became a unilateral competition for them.

“You thought he was stupid?” Key asked when they saw each other once again in the hall. “He’s the top of the entire generation,” he continued, now normal for him.

“I still don’t like him,” Kyuhyun declared. “There’s no one who can be as perfect as he is, I bet he’s just faking to be nice and on the insides he’s probably just a trash, lonely and selfish person.”

Stupid! Kyuhyun thought this time, because when he turned up, he looked at Hyukjae staring at him, his eyes watery and his lower lip in between his pearl white teeth. He heard. Kyuhyun concluded and he didn’t really know what to do when Hyukjae looked down, covering his eyes with his fangs and walked away, clearly hurt by Kyuhyun’s words.

But he did nothing. Why would he? He was being honest with himself… maybe.

“Yah! How could you?! He’s going to be sad now!” Key scolded and shook his head in disagreement. “He’s very sensitive about people don’t liking him because he was bullied before…,” he explained and Kyuhyun just looked at where the red head had gone, not really trying to solve what he just did.

“See? He’s not perfect, he just wants to be perfect at everyone’s eyes,” Kyuhyun concluded once again, walking to his next class, leaving Key in the hall just shaking his head in disbelief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kyuhyun was walking towards his own house, he found out that Hyukjae was living exactly in front of him, and he could see how his eyes were slightly puffy and his head still down. He couldn’t have cried because of what he said right?

The short man was being bid goodbye by the other three that seemed about to explode from anger, even more than usual, frowning deeply and clenching their fists.

Now Kyuhyun really hoped he wasn’t the one responsible for making Hyukjae angry. He shrugged it off and walked in home, throwing his shoes somewhere in the floor and going towards his room, ready to play all afternoon.

It happened like that for almost three weeks. Every day, Hyukjae would come into the classroom, greet everyone cheerfully, that smile not disappearing ever, answering when he was asked something as well, and then, at the very end, he would go and sit by Kyuhyun’s side, only saying a short and almost cold and distant ‘Good morning Kyuhyun-shi,’ to him.

Kyuhyun would just ignore him and stare at the board or play with his PSP. Hyukjae wouldn’t try harder, somehow, Kyuhyun was unconsciously disappointed.

“So everyone! Start getting your partner for the mid-term project!” The teacher announced and all the students quickly stood up for look for someone.

Ridiculous... Kyuhyun thought, this time sadly, watching how Hyukjae just looked down, biting his shaky lower lip. Kyuhyun knew, Hyukjae was trying hard not to cry. And it was indeed ridiculous, because Kyuhyun expected everyone to run to Hyukjae and ask him to be their partner, probably fight over him. And then Hyukjae being all shy and slightly embarrassed because he couldn’t decide, but it wasn’t like that.

Not at all.

Now everyone was everywhere else, no one seemed to care Hyukjae was alone, sitting there not knowing what to do with that project.

“What? Aren’t they supposed to be all your friends? Why aren’t they pairing with you?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae pouted. Kyuhyun watched amazed the other and gulped. Was there a time Hyukjae didn’t look so perfect and cute?

Ridiculous. Because now Kyuhyun was accepting the fact that maybe, just maybe, Hyukjae was indeed perfect and cute.

“I…,” Hyukjae looked away, probably ashamed or probably hurt. Kyuhyun just stared, he watched intently how there were some shaky tears in Hyukjae’s eyes.

This is bull. Kyuhyun thought frowning deeply, because now he was mad. Mad at everyone because they were such hypocrites, always being by Hyukjae’s side when they wanted but leaving him alone when they didn’t. “You should get better friends,” Kyuhyun said, mad and angry at everyone else.

Hyukjae looked up and gasped softly. “No! I do have good friends! It’s just that the closest ones aren’t in this class…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip and looking away from Kyuhyun’s intense stare.

Kyuhyun was about to retort when he heard his name being called. “What?” he turned annoyed and found a girl standing by his desk’s side.

“Oh… umm… I…,” the girl bit his lower lip and Kyuhyun could see Hyukjae looking at the scene by the corner of his eye, making him feel a little guilty and probably… sad. “I was wondering if you would like to pair up with me…,” the girl said smiling shyly.

Kyuhyun frowned even deeper. Wasn’t that the girl that would always be bugging Hyukjae about different stuff? “Sulli-shi right?” Kyuhyun called and he pursed his lips in anger when he saw the girl’s clearly pleased expression, nodding softly at him. “Well, I’m sorry but I have a partner already. And even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t like to pair up with you,” he said and turned around towards Hyukjae who was looking at him quite impressed.

Kyuhyun felt proud of himself.

“K-Kyuhyun-shi…,” Hyukjae called blinking rapidly in disbelief. “Y-You… you don’t have a partner…,” he said, mumbling because he didn’t want everyone to hear.

Kyuhyun hissed annoyed. “You’re my partner,” he declared and turned away, partly because he didn’t want to see Hyukjae’s expression, but mainly because he didn’t want Hyukjae to see his own blush.

When Kyuhyun turned around slightly, he could see Hyukjae smiling softly and biting his lower lip, probably to restrain his giggles. Kyuhyun smiled for himself, congratulating his own achievement of exchanging Hyukjae’s tears with a smile.

A smile suited Hyukjae the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What?! Really?! Like… how?!” Key exclaimed, confused, amused and not really believing in his ears.

Kyuhyun frowned at the noisiness. “Calm down, is not a big deal,” he said as he continued eating his meals.

Key gasped and looked everywhere, trying to find the right words to express his mind. “I mean..,” he started shocked. “Y-You’re partnering with Hyukjae! Lee Hyukjae!” he exclaimed, as if that would make obvious what he wanted to say. “No one has dared to do so!” he continued.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. “What?” he asked confused, suddenly feeling interested and a little mad. “Then who was his partner in the last years?” he asked and Key looked at him with a serious expression.

“He has never been paired, he always works alone. There hasn’t been someone with enough guts to ask him to work together…,” Key said and Kyuhyun thought it was stupid.

Ridiculous. Just how lonely must Hyukjae have been? No one trying to even be real friends with him?

Now Kyuhyun could clearly understand those three big guys who would act as Hyukjae’s bodyguards. “So this is the first time he actually works with someone else?” Kyuhyun asked narrowing his eyes when Key nodded eagerly. This was wrong, totally wrong. Someone as perfect as Hyukjae shouldn’t be treated that way.

Kyuhyun walked back to his classroom after lunch time, thinking deeply about the new achieved information and hard it probably was for Hyukjae to deal being alone for all those years in that school.

“Kyuhyun-shi!” Hyukjae exclaimed, and this time his smile seemed to be a little brighter than before.

Kyuhyun turned up when he was about to enter the classroom and he saw Hyukjae waving at him, the three guys behind the smaller, glaring at him as if inspecting he wasn’t a threat. He was, probably.

Hyukjae turned around and waved goodbye to the big guys before running to catch up with Kyuhyun, who kept his own eyes glued on the other’s stares until Hyukjae caught his attention back.

They walked together into the classroom, everyone looking at them, because probably, it was the first time they saw Hyukjae with someone else that weren’t his three cousins. “So I was thinking about the project at lunch,” Hyukjae started as they sat down. “We should see each other after classes and work on it soon so we can correct if is wrong,” he smiled brightly. “And it’s better if we finish it before the mid-term exams!”

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and simply nodded. “It’s either your house or mine, you chose.” He said taking out his PSP. “Though is actually the same thing,” he mumbled, starting his game when he last stopped.

Hyukjae smiled even brighter. “Ah! I have never been in a classmate’s house! Can I go with you? Please! Please!” he pouted and opened his eyes cutely at Kyuhyun.

Ridiculous was Kyuhyun’s light blush when he spotted Hyukjae and the sound of his PSP indicating he had lost. He sighed and just turned it off. “Sure,” he said breathing in and out deeply to calm himself.

“Really?! Yay!” Hyukjae clapped for himself and Kyuhyun wondered, just could Hyukjae be so happy because of a project? “Can I go to your house from here?” Hyukjae then asked turning towards Kyuhyun. “I have never walked out of school by myself before…,” he smiled shyly.

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae, wondering why the teacher was late but not caring anyways. “You won’t be by yourself because I’m going too,” he said and Hyukjae couldn’t help but giggle.

“I’m so excited…,” Hyukjae said for himself biting his lower lip.

Kyuhyun just smiled faintly and turned to the board when finally the teacher came in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Woah! You live just across the street!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily. “I never walked home because Siwonnie would bring me so I didn’t know this was the way to follow! How cool is that Kyuhyun-shi?!”

Kyuhyun sighed as he took out his keys and opened the door. “Come in,” he signaled, inviting Hyukjae to go in first.

Apparently, Hyukjae was tired, because almost two hours after starting the project, he fell asleep in Kyuhyun’s couch, giggling from time to time in his sleep and making Kyuhyun laugh softly.

Kyuhyun gulped before stretching his arms and legs and breathing in and out deeply. He bit his lips as he slid one of his hands under Hyukjae’s knees and the other under Hyukjae’s back, lifting him slowly so he wouldn’t wake up the other.

Ridiculous. How Kyuhyun decided to take Hyukjae home even if that meant a backache and numb arms, instead of waking Hyukjae up and making him cross the street. It was either ridiculous or stupid, Kyuhyun wanted to think it was the first.

Hardly, Kyuhyun rang the bell of Hyukjae’s house, biting his lower lip because even when Hyukjae was light, he was weak. “Ah! Hyukkie!” a woman, which Kyuhyun believed was Hyukjae’s mother, exclaimed as soon as he saw his son being carried by a stranger.

Kyuhyun smiled awkwardly. “Hello Mrs. Lee,” he tried to bow but could only nod his head. “I’m Cho Kyuhyun, I’m working on a project with Hyukjae. I live in the house just in front but he fell asleep so I brought him here…,” he explained, because he didn’t want Hyukjae’s mother to think he was a ert and did something wrong to her precious son.

“OMO!” Hyukjae’s mother exclaimed quickly opening the door widely for Kyuhyun to enter. “Can you carry him to his bed?” she asked when Kyuhyun entered the house.

“S-Sure,” Kyuhyun smiled, watching the stairs in front of him and seeing them extremely long.

When finally Kyuhyun placed Hyukjae in his bed and under the covers, he sighed and looked around; the room was quite neat and well thought. He turned his attention once again to Hyukjae and smiled when he saw how the other cuddled himself against his stuffed animal.

“Thanks for bringing him home,” Hyukjae’s mother told him when Kyuhyun went out of the room, closing the door behind. “He isn’t used to go someone else’s house so he might be like this,” she explained a little embarrassed. “Have you eaten? I have understood your parents are out of the country right? I think I have met them before,” she smiled and Kyuhyun shook his head.

“We called for food already, Hyukjae ate with me,” Kyuhyun said. “Thank you anyways,” he said bowing his head.

Hyukjae’s mother smiled. “Well, then you’re very welcome every time you would like to come to this house,” she said and Kyuhyun nodded.

Both went to the door and just when Hyukjae’s mother opened it for Kyuhyun to go out, there were three guys just about to ring. “Oh Auntie!” the tallest exclaimed.

“Siwonnie! Kanginnie! And also our Chullie came!” Hyukjae’s mother exclaimed and the three named smiled at her.

That of course, before noticing Kyuhyun’s presence and glaring at him, definitely recognizing him.

“Ah! This is Cho Kyuhyun, he lives just in front, but your cousin fell asleep in his house so he brought him here, such a nice kid,” Hyukjae’s mother smiled at Kyuhyun and he just smiled awkwardly, feeling the stares of the three big guys in the door.

“Thank you then,” Kangin said sincerely. “Also thank you for partnering with Hyukkie, he’s kind of lonely since we’re not in the same class,” he said and Kyuhyun just bowed softly.

He then realized that neither Heechul, Siwon nor Kangin looked like being angry. It was all the way around; they looked extremely friendly, with perfect and sincere smiles each.

“I’ll be leaving then,” Kyuhyun said bowing again and going out pass the door.

Ever since that moment on, Hyukjae would spent almost all the afternoon in Kyuhyun’s house. Sometimes they would actually be working on their project or doing homework, but most of the time he would just go and make him company, dragging him to his own house to eat decent food and then returning to play video games together.

Some other times as well, Siwon, Kangin and Heechul would tag along and they would spend their time by Kyuhyun’s lonely house.

And always, always, Hyukjae would fall asleep in either Kyuhyun’s couch or bed, but neither Siwon or Kangin, who were definitely bigger and stronger, would carry Hyukjae home, they would just say ‘Hey Kyuhyun, Hyuk fell asleep,’ and then he just knew, he had to carry Hyukjae home.

The other three would just see do him the hard work. That was also ridiculous.

But then, the next morning when he would go and pick Hyukjae up. He would be compensated with a soft peck in his cheeks and a cheerful ‘thanks for bringing me home last night’ and Kyuhyun swore he would carry Hyukjae to the end of the world if that was the prize he would get.

At school, Kyuhyun would sit by Hyukjae’s side in their table, Siwon at the other side and Heechul and Kangin in front. Just the five of them.

Key would often express how jealous he was of being so close to them and how he wanted to just talk with Hyukjae once but he didn’t dare to. Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes and go to Hyukjae’s side. It was almost automatic.

Kyuhyun learnt several things about Hyukjae. Like how he trusted people easily and got hurt ever easier. He learnt too, that Hyukjae would always be cheerful, but when he was alone he would be almost at the edge of crying. He learnt to admire Hyukjae’s beauty in silence, enjoy his smooth voice and honest eyes.

“Kyuhyun… do you like me now?” Hyukjae asked once they were walking to the cafeteria. “I hope you can like me soon…,” he mumbled and Kyuhyun gasped.

Ridiculous! Hasn’t Hyukjae realized he already liked him?! Or more…

“I never said I didn’t like you,” Kyuhyun said pursing his lips in an attempt to not just yell he really, really liked Hyukjae.

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun confused. “Yes you-”

“I didn’t, and I like you a lot. Final,” Kyuhyun cut. “Let’s go, everyone is waiting,” he said taking Hyukjae’s hand and pulling him towards the cafeteria.

They seemed to have gotten pretty close and everyone noticed. Kyuhyun was the only not-family-related guy who was allowed to hold Hyukjae’s hand, or hug him by the waist while walking, or be alone with and kiss him on the cheeks or forehead from time to time.

And then, they would all act like bodyguards, glaring at everyone who looked at Hyukjae with lustful eyes, sending their death wishes through their eyes as Kyuhyun held Hyukjae by the waist closer to his body and talked to him to distract the smaller from everyone.

They were possessive over their jewel and Siwon, Kangin and Heechul were happy that Kyuhyun came to make everyone know they had already no chance with Hyukjae.

It wasn’t hard to accept Kyuhyun after all.

It was ridiculous how slow was Kyuhyun to notice how precious Hyukjae was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun walked by the school, wondering where Hyukjae had gone and why he didn’t have lunch with them. “The thing is, you’re really pretty so, what about going out for a date?” Kyuhyun heard someone confess and he could have shrugged it off if the one getting the confession wasn’t Hyukjae.

He felt his blood boil. He frowned deeply, clenching his fists in annoyance, pursing his lips when Hyukjae blushed madly and bit his lower lip. Kyuhyun clenched his jaw, feeling that horrible sensation of his stomach squeezing and his guts tangling.

“I-I…,” Hyukjae blushed even deeper; Kyuhyun just couldn’t take it any longer.

“What do you say?” the man asked smiling and Hyukjae looked down, probably embarrassed, or probably, flattered.

Damn it! Kyuhyun screamed inside his head, walking fast towards where the two students were.

Hyukjae looked up and smiled softly.  no! Hyukjae can’t smile at him!  Kyuhyun thought as he almost ran to catch up with them. “I feel really flattered and it would be impolite to decline your invitation but-”

“He’s not interested,” Kyuhyun cut taking Hyukjae’s wrist and pulling him away, leaving a confused guy behind.

“K-Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae called nervously.

“Yah! How can you just skip lunch to be with a strange guy alone?!” Kyuhyun asked, clearly angry and still dragging Hyukjae along towards the cafeteria so he could tell Siwon and the others to ban that guy from Hyukjae’s sight.

“B-But he wanted to invite me out!” Hyukjae defended shyly.

Kyuhyun stopped and turned around. “So what?!” he snapped. “What if I want to invite you out too?! If I can’t do it he can’t either!”

Hyukjae blushed madly. “Y-You want to invite me out?” he asked shyly, feeling the heat go up his ears and cheeks.

Idiot! Kyuhyun exclaimed in his own mind. “Let’s go, you haven’t eaten lunch,” he said turning around quickly, still holding Hyukjae’s hand.

Hyukjae grinned widely and stopped just when they were going to enter the cafeteria. “Kyuhyun,” he called smiling.

Kyuhyun just stopped, unable to look at Hyukjae’s face without blushing madly at his own words. “What?” he snapped trying to sound cool but not turning around.

Hyukjae giggled and pulled Kyuhyun’s hand so they would be facing each other. “I was going to reject the invitation,” he said and Kyuhyun just couldn’t fully fake the poker face and pretend he was screaming and jumping in happiness from the inside. Hyukjae smiled softly and leaned up to place a soft kiss in Kyuhyun’s lips. “I’m happy you’re the one I love…,” he whispered before freeing himself from Kyuhyun’s hand and walking slowly towards the cafeteria.

Ridiculous.

It was simply ridiculous, how Hyukjae loved a ridiculously clumsy and cold guy like him, how Kyuhyun fell for that ridiculously perfect and cute boy, and how he was left standing in the hall with a ridiculous, dreamily –and idiotic- smile in his lips.

Ridiculous indeed, but definitely perfect.

           

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

         

A/N: So I wrote this because… well… because Rikka Unnie was hungry… ‘=__=

Don’t ask… I don’t even know how it happened.