Promise Me

Save the Last Dance for Me

"I have a proposition for you." Hyangwoo said, sly grin growing on his lips as he leaned in close to Jieun, "When I leave, I want you to join your school's dance club, okay?" Jieun stared at her friend confused. He knows I can't dance... "I don't see why I should..." She mumbled, staring at Hyangwoo skeptically. Eyes sparkling as if he had a plan, Hyangwoo just shook his head, "Silly, silly Jieun. It's my last request to you. You owe me." Feeling more confused, she wondered how he'll actually know if she joins the club or not. "I'll know if you join or not so don't even think about cheating out of this, Jieunnie."

Defeated, Jieun sighed, "I can't even dance." pouting as she looked up at her friend. "But you'll learn when you join. It'll be fine." He patted her head like you would a puppy. With a sigh, Jieun nodded, causing Hyangwoo’s face to light up and hug Jieun to his chest, squeezing once before releasing her. "I hope you'll be okay without me, who knows what'll happen when I'm gone..." Hyangwoo joked as he ruffled Jieun's bangs. "I can manage on my own." She scoffed, shoving his shoulder playfully, “It's you I'm worried about. How will you feed yourself?"

"Ouch." he put his hand over his heart, "I can manage. And my dear Jieunnie, I have to get going. I'll see you when I can." Hyangwoo hugged her tightly, kissing the top if her head as she grabbed onto his shirt. "I'll miss you." She mumbled into his chest. Hyangwoo just nodded and rest his chin on her head. After a moment, they both let go, smiling sadly before Hyangwoo turned and walked down the steps of Jieun's apartment.