Angel

Angel

Note: This journal was found in the ruins of a place once known as Seoul. We can only guess the apocalyptic event the journal's subject was writing about.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 3rd

Well, okay. Shoot. I really don't know how to begin this journal, which of course my boss Joonmyeon thought would be theraputic, I'm going to punch him later...anyways. I'm Kim Minseok. 22 years old. I live in Seoul and I work in my apartment building. I do maintenance even though most of the time I have no clue what I'm doing. I think Joonmyeon was desperate.

I have no clue what I'm going to end up writing in this journal, other than daily life, and that's boring. Sorry, journal. I just apologized to a book. I'm finishing writing.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 4th

Something weird happened today. Not the usual.  I was walking home from the store, because I needed more food, and I took a back alleyway this kid in my building, Oh Sehun, said that would get me home faster. Never should've trusted that kid.

So I'm walking in this alleyway and it's really, really dark, but then it's not. And I see someone, which also hardly ever happens, then again why would anyone hang out in an alleyway? That's weird. But then I took a look and I stopped.

The person looked hurt. There were scars all over his body and some fresh wounds, too, but they didn't stain this weird white gauze he was wrapped in. He had on pants but his entire upper half was just gauze! He had some wrapped around his head, too, and his hair was black. His eyes looked like they had eyeliner on. I'll ask Baekhyun later, I guess. The weirdest part were the wings. Yeah, wings. I can't believe it either, journal.

I didn't know what to do so I walked closer. He looked at me and I looked at him. "Can you speak?" I asked.

Angel boy shook his head.

"Can you tell me your name?"

Angel boy shook his head again. Frustrating. Very frustrating.

"Why are you injured?"

More. Headshaking.

"Do you need a place to stay?"

That time he nodded. Crap, now I'm responsible for a weird kid. My life is so...normal. Joonmyeon would be glad to hear about this.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 5th

Dear Journal,

No, that sounds stupid. That's never happening again. But anyways, a lot of stuff has happened, so please bear with me.

Yesterday I took Chen home. Chen is angel boy, by the way, journal. His name is Chen.

The first thing I did was change him - or, well, I didn't change him change him, because I let him change in to my clothes himself, which were a little too big. Grey t-shirt and black sweatpants. They were kinda baggy on him. His wings kind of stuck out a little so I cut slits in the shirt. Now they fit better.

Then I gave him some food - I figured he was hungry. I didn't have much, though, just some candy that I think Chanyeol gave me. I'll ask him later, too. So anyways, I gave Chen the candy and some milk, too, because he looked kinda skinny and needed to be more muscular. Then he talked.

"Chen."

I blinked. "What?"

"Chen." He pointed at himself. His name is Chen. Chen. Chen. Chen. I'm getting used to writing it.

Then he pointed at himself again and said "Angel." Angel. Chen is an angel. I was right.

And then, perhaps the weirdest thing of all, "The world is going to end."

Then he threw some candy at me and grinned.

I saw him for the first time yesterday.

Maybe he wasn't real, but I saw him. I'm writing this down so I remember in 50 years in case he's gone.

I saw him for the first time yesterday, and he told me he was an angel.

I could use one of those.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 6th

Well, he's weird.

For example, today I went over to Channie's to play video games. And he wanted to come with me, so I asked Channie and it was cool with him.

"This is Chen," I introduced. Chen looked slightly confused.

"Park Chanyeol," Channie said with a smile. Chen got more confused. Oh, fun. He did his signature (is it signature? he's done it twice) pointing-and-"Chen" thing. Then Channie and I started to play.

We all sat on Channie's couch, and Chen was next to me, which was kind of nice. Then the game started - I don't remember what it was. Violent. I was totally owning Channie, by the way, but that was normal. He at video games. Chen was clinging to my arm, though, which was slightly annoying. He was probably scared. Oh, poor guy.

And he won't answer me when I ask where he's from. I asked at dinner yesterday, when it was ramen again. He shook his head.

I said it slower. "Where are you from?"

Chen shook his head.

"Are you from heaven?"

Chen shook his head.

Getting tired of this.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 7th

As annoying as Chen is, he has a wonderful voice.

Yesterday I taught him about showering. Even angels start to stink after a while. I told him how to take of his clothes and start the water, and then I went to bed. I'd shower in the morning.

But I couldn't sleep. He was singing, and I didn't understand the words, but he was pretty good. Maybe it was in English, I was never good with that. But it was really nice. The voice of an angel. Funny how things work out like that.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 8th

In a million years I would never call my relationship with Chen normal. He's an angel that I'm trying to teach how to...what am I trying to teach him, exactly? How to be human? I'm not sure.

But it just took a turn for the NEVER NORMAL AGAIN EVER zone. Like, ever. E V E R. Because we were watching some stupid drama, and then there was the kiss scene.

Chen tapped my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked. I didn't know if he could understand.

Chen pointed at the TV. Then at me.

"No, I'm not an actor. I'm a maintenance guy."

Chen shook his head and kissed me. Oh god writing that was weird. It happened. I scolded him and turned to a sports game.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 9th

I kissed Chen. Chen kissed me. Did I kiss him back? I don't even remember. It was a day ago and I don't remember. Something is very wrong.

Today Chen said something. "The world is going to end."

I asked him what he meant.

He said, "You can come with me." That's the first time I heard him say something other than "Chen" or "Angel" or "The world is going to end".

I'll put it as a milestone.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 10th

Chen wanted to write something so here goes. I hope it makes sense or this is a wasted page. Here.

CHEN

Good job, Chen. You're learning.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 11th

Chen said my name for the first time today, at lunch. "Minseok," he said as he ate his eggs. "Minseok."

"Yeah?" I replied.

Chen went back to eating his eggs.

Okay.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 12th

A lot of these journal entries are about Chen, aren't they? I care about him, even if he is a little obsessed with the apocalypse.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 13th

Today we kissed again, but it was different that time. Because it was me who initiated it, when we were watching sports. Together. We do a lot together, now that I think about it. Maybe I love Chen. Whoa. Writing that down is weird. I love Chen.

We kissed when a commercial came on - beer, I think. And it was random. I said "Chen" and Chen said "Minseok" and then I kissed him. That's it. And he smiled and I kissed him again. And again and again.

I love Chen.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 14th

Today I had a job and when I came back Chen was gone.

I was pretty freaked and I couldn't find him until he walked in the door an hour later.

"The world is going to end," he said when he came back, and I just hugged him and said, "Never leave again unless you have to. Where were you?"

"Not home."

"Not home?"

"Minseok is home."

Minseok is home.

I love Chen.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 15th

Today I told Chen that I love him. He said he loves me, too. One of his wings is shedding. Does that happen with angels?


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 16th

I'm worried about Chen. The feathers on his wings are falling off. I hope he's okay. I asked and he just kissed me. I wonder what he's hiding.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 21st

I haven't written in a while. I've been busy with jobs. Everything is breaking, but today was Chen's birthday. He told me so. And so we, um, we...

well.

Journal.

Birthday .

It happened. His wings are still shedding.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 23nd

Chen is gone.

I've looked everywhere and he's gone. He dissapeared yesterday. And all of his wing feathers are on the bed, the bed where we...did it. He's gone and I can't believe it.

I love Chen. But now Chen is gone.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 24th

Today I got a note from Chen. It wasn't in his handwriting but it just appeared and now I wonder what's going on. Here, I'll paste it in so you can see it.

To my dearest Minseok,

I'm so sorry I had to leave on such short notice. Heaven wanted me back even though I love you so much. So now I'm warning you.

The world is going to end. It's going to end soon. I can't stop it but the world is going to end. If you kill yourself now you can be with me in heaven. I died the last time the world ended, and now I want to save you. I love you.

~ Chen

I tried killing myself. I want to be with him again. But I couldn't do it. Maybe the world won't end. Maybe it's all just a lie.


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END - September 25th

The world is ending. Chen was right. There have been earthquakes everywhere and floods and fires. I wrote the world is going to end on every single page of this journal, to the left of where I put the date.

I wonder if I'll see Chen when it's over. I wonder if the fires and earthquakes are getting closer. The newscaster just died and now the cameraman is done, too. I wonder if I'll see Che


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END


THE WORLD IS GOING TO END


A/N: Well, there's that. Hope you enjoyed it. Brb sobbing.