Mondays

All the little things

Mondays.

It was kind of an undisputed fact that almost everyone hated Mondays.  What was there to like anyway?  For students it meant the beginning of a hellish 5 days at school, for working adults it meant just the start of a long working week.  It marked the beginning of something to dread, something tiring and boring.  No one (well, almost no one) looked forward to Mondays.  And one Cho Kyuhyun was no exception to this generalisation.

So every Monday morning, Kim Yesung wished he could physically drag the man out of bed.  Kyuhyun was an absolute pain in the , especially since he was most definitely not a morning person, like  so many others.  So when he was grumpy and tired and if it just so happened to be a Monday – then he was just ten times more annoying.  He’d moan and groan, growl and grumble about hating his job, despite his high salary, and just sink further into the sheets, willing the sun to go down again or something.  And that’s when Yesung wishes he had the arm strength, and Kyuhyun had less body mass, to pull Kyuhyun out from under the sheets.

You see, Yesung was a very rare exception to the rule of hating Mondays.  He loved Mondays, actually.  Well to be precise, he loved every day of the week.  And he loved mornings too.  Unlike Kyuhyun, he’d jump right out of bed at the crack of dawn and hum to himself for the gift of a new day.  He was just a bubbly person like that, the type to sing to himself as he showers or sway his hips as he cooks breakfast. 

 Yesung however, wholly blames Kyuhyun for the total decimation of his morning routine – especially his Monday one.  It was pretty damn frustrating to try and get out of bed when a clearly heavier man decided to situate himself right on top of him.  He’d kick, sometimes scream, curse and smack and even that wouldn’t get Kyuhyun to budge.  He’d call out all kinds of vulgarities, quite a rarity for someone like Yesung actually, but to no avail.  He’d call Kyuhyun heavy, an idiot, a fat bastard and a buffalo all in the course of about two minutes and not even that could get the lazy to move.

More often than not, Kyuhyun would be a sneaky ert and cop a feel at the struggling male under him, making Yesung practically squeal.  It didn’t help that more often than not, they were both .  This, however, would only involve more kicking and shouting of profanities, Yesung glaring at the stubborn man that absolutely refused to get out of bed every Monday morning. Then, usually by that stage of their morning routine, Kyuhyun would be doing one of two things.  He would be trying to go back to sleep, trapping Yesung’s smaller, tinier body under his bodyweight as he wished for another five minutes (or hours, really), or he would be trying to thoroughly violate his bed partner, kiss his bare skin, touch him in intimate places, the works. 

The latter was usually what he chose, simply because Yesung in the morning was undeniably tempting.  His skin would be positively dewy, hair messily scrunched up and eyes glistening with morning spirit (how did he do that?).  It was hard not to just bury himself in the warmth that was Yesung, to hold him close and keep him from the rest of the world.  But of course, whether he chose to sleep or attempt to have , Yesung would never allow it. 

Unknown to any innocent bystander or customer, Yesung was rather violent.  Kyuhyun had certainly not expected it when he first met the sweet, angelic coffee shop owner. Yesung was though, and Kyuhyun would really not have it any other way. He would eventually somehow manage to shove Kyuhyun’s larger body off of him, with a degree of force, leaving Kyuhyun to wonder if  carrying trays filled with food built his arm muscles.

 “I have to make breakfast and Kibum’s lunch and… and you are infuriating!” Was how Yesung usually scolded Kyuhyun when he would manage to escape, stomping off to the bathroom, apparently forgetting his usual . Kyuhyun would laugh his head off, fall back on the sheets with no intention to sleep as he pondered how he got so lucky.

After hearing Yesung get out of the shower and get dressed, Kyuhyun would finally crawl out of bed to get ready for work.  And every morning he would be greeted with the most heart warming sight of Yesung carrying his, their, son Kibum and cooing to him as if he were his own.  He’d see a well made, delicious breakfast sitting on the table and be unable to resist the urge to squeeze both Yesung and Kibum in a bone crushing hug.

Of course, Kibum, the little brat, would always complain about getting squashed between his Appa and Umma and that Appa should just let go.  Sometimes… He really just wanted to kill the kid but would never actually go through with it.  As annoying and… disruptive as he was sometimes, Kyuhyun would whole heartedly admit he loved him.

After breakfast was all done and eaten, as Yesung was about to leave to drive Kibum to kindergarten, he’d reach over on his tip toes and peck Kyuhyun on the cheek.  Kibum would growl and glare at his Appa, pulling incessantly at Yesung’s hand that he was holding.  Yesung would blush brightly, even this far into their relationship, and Kyuhyun would lean down and steal a kiss from his lips.  The otherwise sweet moment would only be destroyed by Kibum who would pout and say “gross” all drawled out.  Yesung could never resist the urge to smile warmly at Kibum and Kyuhyun before pulling Kibum out the front door.  And Yesung’s smile was terribly infectious and Kyuhyun found himself going to work with a smile, his colleagues always flabbergasted that Cho Kyuhyun was capable of smiling in the morning, much less on a Monday.

But what they wouldn’t know (well, except for Sungmin) is that ever since Yesung came into his life, Mondays weren’t so bad.  In fact, they were brilliant. Just like every other day of the week.

***

Word Count: 1K

(I hate Mondays too Kyu XD)