Wanna Tell Her, But Would That Be Selfish?

All She Knows

 

            It was one of those moments where Simon was able to stop whatever he was doing and think. Maybe not about anything in particular, but he hardly ever got one of those moments lately, so he took advantage of whenever they came up.

            This morning, he’d woken up earlier than expected and felt too lazy to move, so he just thought about everything that was going on at the moment. So basically, he thought of SeonYah being stuck in that apartment with ChinHo. He didn’t know much about ChinHo, but he knew enough to know the guy was bad business. It just that SeonYah was so clueless to that.

            Simon closed his eyes, deciding he’d try to sleep a little bit more, but as soon as they were closed, the door swung open with a bang.

            “Yah! Get up!” SeonYah’s voice rang out loud and clear. Simon groaned, not in the mood to deal with her hyperactive self at the moment.

            “Go away!”

            “Don’t tell me to go away! I need to talk to you.” She crawled onto his bed and shook his shoulder. “Get up, Simon-ah, it’s important.” He shut his eyes tightly and tried to ignore her persistent wake up calls.

            SeonYah leaned back against the wall and stared at him, pouting. Not that he would see, his eyes were closed. She thought for a second before leaning forward to whisper in his ear. “Simon, I’m pregnant.”

            If his surprised “WHAT?!” wasn’t funny enough, he literally flipped out his bed and landed on his back on the floor. SeonYah leaned over the bed to look at him and giggled. “I’m kidding! I’m kidding!”

            Simon sat up and glared at her. “That wasn’t funny.”

            “Would you have believed me?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at him and smiling.

            Simon thought about it for a while. “I dunno.” He finally muttered. “That’s not something I like to think of.” SeonYah rolled her eyes and slid down onto the floor next to him.

            “I’m not, but now that you’re awake, I need a favor.” Simon sighed and looked at her. “Help me wash my car.”

            “Are you serious?”

            “Very.”

            “Aish.” He grumbled, lying down on the floor. “Let me sleep!”

            “After we wash my car.”

            Simon sighed and stood up, pulling her to her feet with him. “Why do you want to go now?”

            “It’s less busy in the morning.”

            “Why do I have to go with you?”

            SeonYah pouted. “I don’t want to go alone.”

 

            Once they were at the car wash though, it was a totally different story.

            “You missed a spot.” SeonYah shot Simon a warning glare, which he returned with a smile.

            “If I knew you were going to be this annoying I wouldn’t have asked you to come.” She muttered, wiping the windshield with a sponge. “And you’re not even helping!”

            “I’m rinsing the soap off, you’re just taking too long.” Was Simon’s smart reply. Then he pointed to another spot on the car. “You missed a spot.”

            SeonYah couldn’t take it. She squeezed the sponge and slung the dirty soap at Simon, which he was able to dodge at the last second. “Do it by yourself!” she snapped, throwing the sponge at him and hitting his arm. He retaliated by spraying the hose at her, soaking the front of her shirt. She looked at in a mixture of horror and shock, and he responded by slowly backing away.

            “Just remember, SeonYah, you asked for that.” He said, but just as the words left his mouth, SeonYah reached out to grab the hose. After a couple minutes of their fighting, they ended up wrapping each other up, which meant they were closer than expected.

            SeonYah didn’t seem to care, as all her attention was on revenge. Until she looked up and noticed how close their faces were.

            One pause of awkward silence later, and she giggled. Pointing to Simon’s face with her free hand, she said, “You’re blushing.” Then she reached out and snatched the hose out of his hand, spraying him and untangling herself, completely prepared to run away. But Simon just looked away.

            “Let’s just finish cleaning up your car and go home.” He muttered, avoiding looking at SeonYah.

            “Okay.” SeonYah said, a look of confusion on her face. They cleaned up the rest of the car in silence and drove back towards the dorm.

            “Why are you two soaking wet?” YoungWon asked, as they stepped into the dorm.

            “Car wash.” SeonYah smiled. “It was fun!”

            She stayed long enough to eat breakfast with the guys, but since they had schedules and she had classes, that time wasn’t as long as she had liked it to be.

            She stopped by her apartment to get her books before going to her first class. ChinHo was still home, as his job didn’t start until later that morning.

            “Where you’ve been?” he asked, his tone as harsh as always now.

            SeonYah went to the fridge to grab some water. “I washed the car.”

            “I would have gone with you.”

            “You were still asleep when I left, I didn’t want to wake you up.” She pulled out a bottle of water and turned to look at him. “But next time, if you want, I’ll wake you up.”

            ChinHo smiled, stood up, and walked closer to her. “Smart choice.”

            “I have my moments.” She smiled back at him, then reached up to kiss him. “Anyway, I’m about to go to class.”

            “What are you going to do after?”

            “Probably stop by and say hi to the guys. I wanna get a sneak peek of their new album.” She gave him a mischievous smile and stepped around him to go to her room. He stopped her by grabbing onto her wrist.  She looked down in surprise. “ChinHo, you’re hurting me.” She said, trying to pull her hand away.

            “Don’t go.” He said. “Come straight home and don’t go see him.”

            “But I want to.”

            “I don’t care!” he snapped. “Just don’t.”

            SeonYah yanked her hand back and looked down at it. She could already tell a bruise was coming on. “I just want to stop by and give them lunch. They hardly eat when they’re getting ready for promotions.”

            ChinHo studied her face for a second. “Fine.” He said. “But don’t stay long. And don’t get any ideas.”

            “I have no idea what kind of ‘ideas’ I would be getting.” She muttered, but decided just to agree and move on.

 

            Classes were boring as usual, but what kept her going was planning on what to buy the guys for lunch. She stopped by a food venue outside of the university and bought enough food to last them all week, along with a huge case of water bottles. She had to call Daniel to come help her bring it in.

            “Noona, you think we’re going to be able to eat all this now?” he asked as she opened the trunk of her car.

            “Just take the leftovers home. I’m so busy this week with school, I may not be able to see you again until Saturday.” She replied, grabbing the bags of food as Daniel got the water bottle case.

            Of course the guys were grateful for the food, as it wasn’t just Dalmatian working in the studio. Once they had begun to settle down and eat, SeonYah gathered up her stuff to leave.

            “You have to go already?” their manager asked, noticing her try to sneak out.

            She shrugged. “I just need to be home soon, I think ChinHo is getting off work early or something.” She brushed a strand of hair out of her face, whish was when Simon notice her sleeve pull back slightly to reveal something on her skin. He got up and went to inspect it.

            “How’d you get that?” he asked, gesturing to the bruise.

            SeonYah looked down at it. “Huh? Oh, I don’t know.” She said, trying to play dumb. She’d never been the best actress, so Simon saw right through it. Knowing that she would keep up the act in front of the other guys, he took her into the hallway.

            “How did you really get that?” he asked, making sure to keep eye contact with her.

            SeonYah shrugged. “ChinHo just grabbed my wrist earlier. He’s stronger than me, so it just left a little bruise.”

            Simon took her hand in his and looked closer. “There’s nothing little about this. It’s like he meant to hurt—“

            “He wouldn’t mean to hurt me, Simon, so mind your own business.” Her voice showed how much she didn’t want to have that conversation, so Simon left it alone. There was no point in arguing with her about this.  He’d tried before and only upset her. Something he never wanted to do again.

            “I’ll see you later.” She pulled her hand away, gave him what she must have meant to be a reassuring smile, and walked away.

            That’s not at all what Simon had wanted her to do.