Afraid

Afraid

**note: the beginning is jessica ^__^**

 

The wind blew softly through her brown hair causing a few strands to flow slightly.

The sound of moving cars from below could be heard, along with the occasional honking. 

Her eyes stayed closed as she listened to the distinct sounds. 

The middle of October was her favorite time of year. 

It wasn't too cold for her nor was it too hot, it was her ideal weather.

She was on a rooftop of an apartment building.

This area was really important to her.

It was where she met the girl she fell in love with.

Now she's wondering why she's on the edge of this rooftop. 

Why was she doing this to herself?

She's afraid of heights, but right now she's more afraid of something else.  

The girl loved her, and she knew that.

She realizes how hurt the girl would be if she did this.

But she wanted to disappear forever.

She didn't want to feel afraid anymore and for her, the only way was to disappear from the world.

"What am I doing?" a tear rolls down her cheek.

Memories start to fill her head as she cries silently. 

The sun shined brightly through the window, hitting her face.

She groaned and mentally hit herself for not closing the blinds last night.

She tried to open her eyes slowly, after doing so she turned to look at her table clock. '9:45AM' 

Her mind tells her to get out of bed but her body tells the opposite. Luckily, she doesn't work on Sundays. 

She does a quick stretch with her arms and then steps onto the cold hardwood floor of her apartment. 

She walks lazily towards her bathroom but then turns to her closet after remembering to take a change of clothes. 

It only took her about twenty minutes to get ready. She didn't like to take a long time while doing things. 

She walks out of the bathroom wearing a plain grey hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans. Her hair in a messy bun with her bangs out. 

Walking into her kitchen she thinks of what to eat for breakfast, but after looking through her fridge she decides to eat outside. 

So, she grabs her house keys and opens the door to find a bunch of boxes infront of the room right across of hers.

The door to the apartment wide open and moving men bringing the many boxes into the apartment. 

"Oh yeah.." She nods her head as she remembers that the person who lived there had moved out last week and now another is moving into the empty apartment. 

She closes the door to her apartment and locks it and then continues to the elevator. She presses the down button and waits.

She stares at the two elevators patiently, both were coming up slowly, one slower than the other. 

The elevator finally arrives and she enters the empty elevator and presses the lobby button. 

After going to her favorite coffee shop and buying a coffee she returns to her apartment building, but instead of going to her place she goes to the rooftop.

She would come here every Sunday morning or whenever she doesn't have work.

She enjoyed looking at the city from the top but she never dared to look down because of her fear of heights, she stands in the middle and turns around slowly to see everything. 

She stopped turning when she heard a giggle come from behind her. She turns to see who it is, but it's an unfamiliar face, a really beautiful one though.

The girl was wearing a white blouse with jean shorts, the casual look. 

She stares at the girl blankly, lost at what to say. The girl walks closer to her and smiles.

She apologizes for laughing. "I'm sorry." she says shyly.

"It's okay." She manages to reply and then she decides to question the girl. "Did you just move in?"

The girl had a shocked expression on her face. "How'd you know?" she asks. 

"The place across from mine had some moving men and I've never seen you around here before." She gives the girl a smile and chuckles. "Just a lucky guess. I'm Jessica Jung, your new neighbour." She extends her arm for a handshake. 

The girl takes Jessica's hand and shakes it slightly. "I'm Tiffany Hwang, it's nice to meet you Jessica." 

A few weeks passed by and the two had already became best friends because of all the things they had in common, even their differences brought them closer to each other. As months passed, Jessica confessed her feelings to her. Tiffany happily accepted Jessica with a kiss that day, it was a very happy day for Jessica. Things were going great but as even more months passed by, things started to get a little bumpy. 

Jessica turned away from the T.V to look at the girl that just entered her home. "Where were you today?"

"At work?" Tiffany raised a brow and answered. "I left a note on the kitchen counter, didn't I?" She threw her bag and coat on the couch and sat down, resting her head on Jessica's shoulder. 

"That's not what I meant." Jessica sighed. "Why are you coming home so late now? You got off work three hours ago.."  

Ever since last week, Tiffany has been coming home later than she should and Jessica knew something was up.

"...."

"Answer me Tiffany."

Tiffany moved her head and sat up straight, looking into Jessica's eyes. "I had some things to take care of." 

"Who is he?" Jessica bluntly asked.

"Jessi.."

"Well?" She was waiting for an answer.

"I ...I love you." Tiffany told her.

Jessica had disappointment written in her eyes. "...and you love him too."

"I don't love him." 

"Liar." Her eyes had tears that were ready to fall. "I saw it with my own eyes. Tiff, you looked happy."

"Jessica! I don't love him!"

"So you're telling me it's okay to kiss someone you don't love?!" Jessica got off the couch and shouted. 

"I didn't kiss him! ..HE KISSED ME!" Tiffany shouted back. "I didn't even want it! stop being angry....let's just forget about it."

"Stop being angry?!  AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ANGRY IF I SEE A MAN MAKING OUT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND?" 

"Jessi..."

Tiffany was ignored as Jessica walked into her room, she got up and followed but only to be greeted by a locked door infront of her. "Jessi...open the door." 
  
No answer.

"OPEN THE DOOR JESS!." She banged on the door, tears starting to fall. "Please...?"

Jessica laid on her bed, tears streaming down her face. 

She's afraid, afraid she might lose Tiffany. She continues to think about Tiffany and that man. 

Tears continuously wet her pillow as she listens to the banging on her door. "Jessica, I ONLY love you!" Tiffany's voice could be heard.

She eventually fell asleep listening to the sounds but woke up in the middle of the night. 

She rubs her eyes and looks at her table clock. '3:17AM' She sighs and decides to get herself a glass of water. 

She opens her door to find Tiffany sleeping on the floor infront of it. She gasps then whispers. "Tiff..."

No response, the girl must have stayed up for a very long time. Jessica thought. She lifts Tiffany up bridal style and carries her onto the bed. 

After fixing the blanket to cover Tiffany, she laid down beside the girl.

Tiffany stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes a bit. "Jessi.. I love you." 

Jessica placed a kiss on her forehead and sighed. "You have to work in the morning... get some sleep."

"...I love you too." she added. 

The next morning Tiffany woke up to a pink sticky note stuck to her forehead, she took it off and read it. 


Good morning Tiff. 

Sorry about yesterday, I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. 

I was wrong, wasn't I? I'm sorry.

Anyways, I went out early to get some fresh air.

I don't know when I'll be back, so.. have a nice day at work.

Don't worry about me, ok?

Love, Jessica 


Tiffany turned to look at the table clock. '7:20AM' she has to work in about three hours. 

She couldn't stop herself from worrying about Jessica.

Jessica wasn't the type to wake up that early just for some fresh air.

"If I were Jessi, where would I be...?" She got out of bed and asked herself.

After a few minutes, it finally hit her. "Oh!"

She quickly grabbed her coat and rushed out the door to the rooftop. 

When she got to the top she couldn't believe what she was seeing. 

In anger, she quickly ran up to the girl and pulled her down from the edge. "What do you think you're doing?!" She shouts at her crying girlfriend.

"..I-" Jessica was cut off by Tiffany's sudden hug.

"You didn't do anything wrong Jessi..." Tears started to fall from Tiffany's eyes. "Why...."

"..I'm afraid." Jessica whimpers, hugging Tiffany tighter. 

"Afraid of what?" Tiffany questions.  

"That you'll leave me." Jessica whispers and starts crying even more, even though she wants to stop, she can't, the tears just keep coming.

"...I- I'm scared that you will leave me." she repeats.

"Jessica, I'm not going anywhere.." Tiffany replies. "Don't think about those things."

She releases Jessica from the hug to wipe off the tears on her face. "I love you..."

"I know you do.." Jessica smiles slightly and says.

"I promised that I would stay with you forever." Tiffany told her. "I'm not going to break my promise Jessi."

She leans in and closes the gap between their lips.  "Jessi, I love you."

Jessica smiles. "I love you too Tiffany."

"Let's get inside, it's getting cold." she chuckles.

Tiffany lets out a giggle. "It's not even cold Jessi!" but she gets pulled. 

"Inside, now." Jessica pouted while tugging Tiffany's wrist.

Tiffany nods with a smile and intertwined her hand with Jessica's. "Let's go." 


 


yay happy ending! ^___^ hahaha. hope you guys liked that.