Story Reviews

Wake Up Call

 

What's hot:

  • Those who give detailed reviews
  • Looks at depth of the story
  • Honest. No sugary-sweet comments.
  • Gives non-biased opinions

 

 

What's not:

  • Just gives you a score without any explanations. 

I see a lot of reviewers who do this, which makes the author unsatisfied with their reviews.

 

  • Biased (towards their favorite group/artist/author). 

I know someone who gave a perfect score because her bias was as the main character in the story. That's a no-no.

 

  • Rude. Mean.

​Being blunt is okay as long as the reviewer has a reason for doing do, depending on how bad the story was. It's for the author's improvement. But being harsh is too much. Writers are not perfect. Reviewers are here to help writers. Not to judge them.

 

  • Their own stories are not good, yet they judge you.

​They say they are not impressed, yet their stories are worse than yours.

 

  • Dishonest. Gives too mush symphathy. 

​Have you ever raised your eyebrows for getting a really high score? And you know you don't deserve it. Yet you get featured. Then your reviewer is not a one. You should find another shop next time.

 

  • Deleting the shop along with the review.

Reviewers should at least contact the authors before deleting anything or send them a copy. Authors waited patiently and credited/linked back the shop and that's how a reviewer will pay? That's unprofessional.

 

  • Gives you a 0/5 score in the Poster Category because you didn't use one.

You got perfect scores in all categories in the rubrics, and you got 95/100. Why? Because you didn't have a poster? You deserve 100/100 or 95/95. Believe me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This chapter was not made for you to feel bad.
This was made for you to improve.

 

 

 

 

Special quote:

“If my doctor told me I had only 6 months to live, I’d type a little faster.”

– Isaac Asimov

credit: samhornpop