iii. nothing but troubled

Delineated

"Hyung, the supplies are here!"

A tall and slender boy walk into the shop with both his hands carrying few small boxes stacked one over another, covering his face except his long front bangs which can be seen just on top of the highest box. He continue carefully making his way towards the back of the shop where all the new ones usually placed.

"Mmm..Ya Sungjong! Ya! Can't you do it carefully? How do you see where you're going if you carry it like that?"

The boy just pass over the older one who is standing behind the counter desk, he is dressed maybe too neat for someone who works...no, owns a bookshop.

"It's faster that way, hyung." The bright looking boy sighed while flapping his hands on sides of his pants, attempting to get off the dusts.

"So you knew better than me? This kid-" The older one sneers at the other, he always like that when it comes of being told what's better. Probably it is just his old being seeking out for inequalities in experiences. The boy let out a small chuckle and reach into his pocket for sheets of folded paper.

"Ah! Please sign this...I have to get it back by today." He sorted the papers out in front of the other on the counter desk.

"Where should-"

"Don't forget to state your name after signing, last time they refused to accept..." The older one signed each of the paper, not forgetting to leave his name at each end. Once he's done he left the pen over those papers. 

"What is this K.S.G??" He rolls his eyes.

"KIM SUNGGYU. You dim. K.S.G..??"

Again, the boy sigh deeply and grab the papers again folding them before shoving it back inside his pocket. There's no point arguing over what he meant about stating name, not initials.

"Old people are weird." He mutters under his breath and quickly make his way out of the door after giving a brief sign on the other that he's gonna be out for a while.

.............................

Sunggu reaches over his top drawer after Sungjong left attempting to maybe use some of his alone time for a brief check. He pulls out the medium-sized dirty brown box carefully, placing it between his grasps. He closes his eyes and held his breath a second, later softly exhale through a small gap of his lips.

He misses him. Not as much as he thought he would back when he was here, with him. That kid was nothing more than just a troubled person, to Sunggyu. He chose to be that kind of person and as someone who clearly understands; Sunggyu played along. Being as careful as he can be, he slowly lift up the opening. In there is a bunch of stuffs from a tip of can and dried folded leaf. There's not much of it but even everytime he opens the box, he never failed to find something he never seen before or maybe he mislooked it.

Also each time he will feel this choking effect around his neck, which usually ends with him unconsciously found himself crouched down his knees grabbing his chest, unevenly gasping for air to breathe. It wasn't because it was really painful to remember but...it was too vividly delineated for him to called it as memories.

...........................................

"I received a call from the head department this morning...he said you were feeding those-"

"They were hungry." Myungsoo muttered casually out of his monotonous voice.

"So you're going to just feed them whenever they're hungry? Animals have their own survival instinct, Myungsoo...they can find food by themselves."

This is not the first time he did this kind of thing which resulted in people calling in. No matter how used it is for him towards it, dealing with those people over Myungsoo's offenses has become really tiring lately. Not only Sunggyu have to come up with a compromise the most difficult part is Myungsoo himself. He didn't seemed to care at all.

"Yeah they don't have to depend on others to keep the foods set on the table for them... I know...", still focusing on the photographs scattered on the table across, he said almost unhearable.

Sunggyu sighed. That indeed what he was about to say, he said it before and before so he was pretty convinced Myungsoo probably had it memorised.

"That's why I did it, hyung. Because I know they'll eventually depend on me to feed them. They keep coming back until..."

Both of them stayed quiet as neither him had the urge to conclude what he tried to say nor Myungsoo himself looked like he had no intention to finish off. Suddenly the young one started to chuckle silently covering his mouth with his half-opened fist. He shifted his sight up to where Sunggyu was standing and smiled.

"I just envy them, hyung. Is it that complicated to understand?

 

 

That time he don't think he could believe anything from him. He refused to go behind his brother's actions...all he wanted was him to stop. And he never did.